NO SURGERY FOR DALTON!!!

Lewis: McCarron exudes moxie, confidence since the day he walked in door here.

Lewis: “News we expected” on Dalton.

No indication on if signing a vet. Says we will see.

Lewis says best case scenario. No surgery.

Lewis: positive news on the quarterback. Go week to week. As good news as we could get.

Bottom line: Keeping open he chance he returns for playoffs. A good development for Bengals.

Marvin Lewis about to address media. Word we have is Dalton will be treated on week to week basis going forward.

Marvin Lewis says "this was news we imagined...best-case scenario." Adds this is a healing situation for Andy Dalton, not pain management

Marvin Lewis: "We got positive news on (Andy). We'll go week-to-week on it. He stays in a cast."

Embedded image permalink

I know its a numbers game, but I'd probably still sign Ponder since he has knowledge of Denver's offense.  Why not?  Thats literally the biggest game of the season at this point.  If we can get a bye and get some of these injuries a little more time to heal, it would be huge.  Especially if we could get Pac back at PR/KR.

I know its a numbers game, but I'd probably still sign Ponder since he has knowledge of Denver's offense.  Why not?  Thats literally the biggest game of the season at this point.  If we can get a bye and get some of these injuries a little more time to heal, it would be huge.  Especially if we could get Pac back at PR/KR.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.  They have to do something...either sign somebody off the street, or bring Wenner up from PS.  Ponder seems like one of the lesser evils from the street option, and he has the Denver connection.  No way they are rolling with only Sanu IMHO.  If they're bringing somebody in off the street then do it sooner rather than later so they have time to learn the system a bit.  BWTFDIK?

That would be amazing, the Bengals would have a 13-3 record, 1st round bye and Andy will come back for a home playoff game in front of a sold out crowd with ZERO QB controversy. 

I hate to say it but if mccaron wins out the rest of the season there's no way in one game you put Dalton back in he will likely be rusty and not 100% and Andy even at 100% in the playoffs has been shakey,much less not 100%

Are we sure this is better news? From what I gathered surgery for most part on atletes is only to help it heal faster. Im wondering if the alternative may of been surgery and still not getting back in time so he decided to  forego surgery to heal naturally because it wasn't necessary. Im not saying Thats the case but are we sure no surgery is better? I guess it's good news in that he's not having it done in relation to where the fracture is since from what I read it being at the base of the thumb would of most likely needed surgery but also would of been worst place to break it and been harder to come back from in time to play again this year. I take it that we can gather from this that the break is higher up in the thumb and not displaced which will just mean he has to wait and let the blood turn to scar tissue turn to bone where the break is? Once that starts I would think a dr. Would clear him and it would just be about him managing the pain and being able to grip the ball properly no?

Archived