Bengals hope young receiver duo could replace Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu

I know, drafted many rounds apart, but the same was said when they said that about Eifert. Lots of scoffing and gnazhing of teeth.

Hmm.. I remember Hue when Eifert came into camp with a nagging shoulder problem, what a big part of the offense he was going to be & so on.  Then he blew out his elbow & got surgery on both. If you mean recently, yeah it worked out. More likely this is a pre-draft smokescreen like others have said. Our offense is AJ, Gio, Eifert & then everybody else. 

"He's a big part of what we're going to do," Zampese said

The 2nd-year guy with like 15 career catches that's coming off microfacture surgery? That guy's a big part of what you're going to do?

k..

Considering he was going to be taking Sanu's snaps this year prior to injury I have to believe he was dominant in practice. AJ and Andy were raving about him too. He's the reason Sanu won't even discuss coming back here. They made him mad with that...darn.

Are we 100% sure that we will not retain Jones? From what I hear Sanu is as good as gone but have we heard if the bengals are not even planning on retaining him?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not at all. Hobson said the Bengals will make a "Herculean effort" to retain Marvin. I'd put the odds at over 50% that we are able to keep him as it sounds like we're willing to "overpay" at least a little because they think he is a critical piece of the offense and we have a lot of cap space. 

But like everybody else on the roster, there's a number the Bengals won't go beyond and if one of these many teams loaded with cap space makes him a stupid-high offer, Bengals won't match and MJ won't take a discount. 

Are we 100% sure that we will not retain Jones? From what I hear Sanu is as good as gone but have we heard if the bengals are not even planning on retaining him?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

100%?  No.  They are really going to try.  

But he is at best our 3rd target here.  Does he think he is a #1?  If someone matches our offer with a promise of being (or at least a shot at being) the #1 will he stay?  Will we pay him as much as someone who wants him to be their #1?

What I gathered from this article is that the coaching staff knows that Marvin and Mo will not be back, both guys are going to be over paid in FA.

Jones might be the class of the FA market now that Jeffery is getting tagged by da Bears so I would be shocked if the Bengals get in a bidding war with a team looking to sell some hope by winning the offseason for Marvin Lewis Jones's services. Sanu is gone, not expecting him back at all. 

Maybe Brandon Tate could be resigned and his role expanded but he didn't get mentioned in the article so it doesn't sound like he's a priority or even on the radar of the coaches and FO execs. 

I know that FA WR's rarely workout but the Bengals have to be aggressive in the draft and FA in replacing Jones and Sanu, they can't go into the season with the current guys plus a few rookies and expect to have the same type of success with the offense. 

Bring back Gregg Little. He'll take peanuts for pay and he knows our system and only reason we let him go was cause we were over crowded.

I would like to see Little on the field, too. Kick his tires and give him a spin around the block like they do at Honest Kenny's.

But I do trust the coaches (minus one) to know what they are doing with the guy.  He looks too good and has to be filling a spot on the inactive roster week after week for some reason I/we don't know about.

They are Great, Stupendous!  Best cars in the world!  Not like those cars everyone else sells, that are weak.  We're gonna make car sales great again!

I know Ken...great person, great family. 

What he told me is that the polls say he might just be the strongest car salesman they have ever seen. Nobody had ever thought of being as strong as salesman as they had him.

In fact, he has forever changed the way people will be car salesmen going forward. What he has done is phenomenal. Unprecedented. It's truly amazing. I tell you, it's unbelievable. I know he hires the best people to work for him. 

Archived