Jump to content

Who do you want?


Who do you want in the AFC Championship   

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you want in the AFC Championship

    • Bills
      9
    • Chiefs
      20


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jmckbengal said:

I’m on the bills , too hard to bear chiefs twice. And, cheaper flights from Florida to buffalo. I’m debating on going so the results of today will make the decision. Lots of Bengals fans in Nashville. Great to see

I was wondering about that actually and wanting to ask Bengals fans who were in the stadium.  From the angles they showed on TV, there sure was TONS of blue and little notice of Orange/Bengals.  Of course they only showed certain angles and didn't show much of the upper sections where I assume the majority of the Bengals fans were located.  Based on how loud it was when Bengals were on Offense, how quiet when Titans on Offense, and the limited TV crowd shots, I'd have guessed 5% tops.

 

So...I ask...how many Bengals fans were actually in the stadium percentage-wise? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Still want the Chiefs? 

As the game progressed I kept thinking to myself that I don't want anything to do with either one of these teams...wow, what a game!  Beating KC twice in the same year, especially in their house with that crowd noise will be a tough task, but as Jamie just commented about being the man.  Doesn't hurt that it was a draining OT game and both teams were spent.  We can do it, but it will be one helluva team effort...again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

We've beaten them before. If they're good, we just got them over a team that was 13 seconds away from taking their place and had to be beaten in overtime. That game was decided by a coin flip.

What I saw was two teams that got beat on big plays late. Just like KC gave up a bunch of big plays to Burrow and Co.

KC is the most favorable matchup, and we have the psychological edge. Could not have worked out better.

The fact that Mahomes mentioned that we had beat them in his on field postgame interview caught my attention. The Bengals obviously have his,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

We've beaten them before. If they're good, we just got them over a team that was 13 seconds away from taking their place and had to be beaten in overtime. That game was decided by a coin flip.

What I saw was two teams that got beat on big plays late. Just like KC gave up a bunch of big plays to Burrow and Co.

KC is the most favorable matchup, and we have the psychological edge. Could not have worked out better.

Logical. 
 

I assumed it would be a red meat question. Yes, the Bengals were going to have to face one of these fine teams—in their building—anyway. In a metaphorical sense, the question was the desire to face Arminius now that Varus has been dispatched? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

We've beaten them before. If they're good, we just got them over a team that was 13 seconds away from taking their place and had to be beaten in overtime. That game was decided by a coin flip.

What I saw was two teams that got beat on big plays late. Just like KC gave up a bunch of big plays to Burrow and Co.

KC is the most favorable matchup, and we have the psychological edge. Could not have worked out better.

We may have the psychological edge (maybe) but they have the revenge factor and a chip on their shoulder as big as a railroad tie.

And they're home.

 

Added to the "we beat them" narrative in my mind is that we came from 14 point deficits three times to do so.

Absolutely phenomenal esp against this team.

 

Yeah, Sour Apples Conspiracy Theory Harry... The Protect the Shield factor.

Do the NFL Powers That Be really want tiny fan base low profile Cincinnati

in The Big Show?  Don't think so unless Anthony Munoz blew Roger Goodell

in the private booth Saturday. The refs have tried to job us the last two games.

 

Dunno... can only control ourselves.

Start fast, score on our first possession.

No dumbass attacks and penalties ie taunting.

Don't beat ourselves.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

We may have the psychological edge (maybe) but they have the revenge factor and a chip on their shoulder as big as a railroad tie.

And they're home.

 

Added to the "we beat them" narrative in my mind is that we came from 14 point deficits three times to do so.

Absolutely phenomenal esp against this team.

 

Yeah, Sour Apples Conspiracy Theory Harry... The Protect the Shield factor.

Do the NFL Powers That Be really want tiny fan base low profile Cincinnati

in The Big Show?  Don't think so unless Anthony Munoz blew Roger Goodell

in the private booth Saturday. The refs have tried to job us the last two games.

 

Dunno... can only control ourselves.

Start fast, score on our first possession.

No dumbass attacks and penalties ie taunting.

Don't beat ourselves.

 

This - AND - our defense needs to play at least as good as they did in Nashville.

The number of big plays given up last night is incredible.

We did a number on the Titans but KC's offense is much more potent.

We handled them in the second half of the first meeting so you know we have it in us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Still want the Chiefs? 

 

Yep.  If their safeties play like they did last night Burrow might have 600 yards and Chase 300 of 'em. 

 

The Bengals defense will not shrivel up and die like Buffalo's did.  I know Mahomes is good, but that was pathetic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Chiefs defense blows. Yes, their offense can be dynamic but Joe Burrow has, can and will score on Kansas City. The Bengals defense will somehow need to slow the Chiefs offense a bit but, this was the preferred matchup for me. LET'S GO!!!!!!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

 

Yep.  If their safeties play like they did last night Burrow might have 600 yards and Chase 300 of 'em. 

 

The Bengals defense will not shrivel up and die like Buffalo's did.  I know Mahomes is good, but that was pathetic. 

He was getting some pressure, but it was all of his moving around which had the BUF secondary spinning around like tops--even their All Pro contingent. 

 

Alternatively, it was Allen's mobility and run capability which led to their secondary spinning around like tops.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

The Chiefs defense blows. Yes, their offense can be dynamic but Joe Burrow has, can and will score on Kansas City. The Bengals defense will somehow need to slow the Chiefs offense a bit but, this was the preferred matchup for me. LET'S GO!!!!!!!! 

That's what would have scared me - Ed Oliver vs this line? No thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cat said:

That's what would have scared me - Ed Oliver vs this line? No thanks.

Ed Oliver??

Of all the beasts to come after Burrow Ed Oliver seems mild..

Hes allright but nothing mire..

They wont olay the Bills so it doesn't matter..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...