Super Bowl LVI Game Thread - Rams at Bengals

7 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Call it what you want.  If the Bengals had held on LA and the media would be saying their win was illegitimate because of the free TD.  I would have hoped it would come earlier, but it didn't. 

but you won't hear it now that they have won now will you and everyone knows the Refs helped them.  I wonder why that is?  We all know why.  They didn't want the Bengals to win. 

6 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I mean, I assumed Mixon was hurt - is that not true?  I mean, if not that's just insane.

Nah he wasn’t hurt. He just pulled him off the field like he does on 3rd down like this is Madden or something. Idiot shit

This is all Im gonna say then Im going to bed.

The Oline in the first half was amazing, playing out of their minds. The 2nd half hits and they are dog shit. I never want to see Adeniji in stripes again. He's a fucking turnstyle.

When OBJ went down all you had to do was shut down Cupp, he was their main guy, and you knew it and they didnt care and still went to him on almost every play of their last drive. WTF?!?

They didnt cost us the game there was alot more going on, but the refs were fine all night except maybe on Tee's TD, but then got ticky tacky at the end? Come on.

6 minutes ago, B.A.B. said:

Nah he wasn’t hurt. He just pulled him off the field like he does on 3rd down like this is Madden or something. Idiot shit

Literally ALL YEAR that’s what they’ve done. He scored a huge TD against KC that catapulted them to that win. Suddenly it doesn’t work and Taylor is the bad guy? C’mon guys. 

In the end the Bengals had multiple chances to make it a two score game and didn't even come close.  After the back to back games against Ravens and Chiefs, I thought Burrow was going to take it to the next level.  For whatever reason, he never did. 

Quite simply, he didn't do much in the playoffs and I'm not sure why. 

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Literally ALL YEAR that’s what they’ve done. He scored a huge TD against KC that catapulted them to that win. Suddenly it doesn’t work and Taylor is the bad guy? C’mon guys. 

Winning Super Bowl coach:  gets the ball to his best player over and over on the last drive.

Losing coach:  Give ball on key third and one to waiver wire pickup RB, runs behind worst guard in NFL, and at best D lineman in NFL. 

I dunno man...I wouldn't say Taylor is the bad guy, but he has to be better.  Even McVey said he made a bunch of mistakes in his first Super Bowl and tried to learn from them.  Taylor needs to do the same.

27 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Eh, for me makeup "calls" have to come soon after the original miss and typically aren't equally egregious *calls* - they're usually a big purposeful "miss" the other direction.  LOTS of shit was let go, especially on that last drive.  If the refs actually "saved" the make-up until the last two minutes, well that's just rigging it.

This was a makeup call for the Raiders game

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I have to agree with Spicoli and that is as rare as our SB appearances lol.

This game was toatlly about the OL in the second half, or more about the Rams DL in the second half. It's like their DL coached ripped them a new one at half time "do you realize how bad that OL is?"

Taylor:

Donald came up big again on the final Bengals offensive play by pressuring Burrow into an incompletion and Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said after the game that things got “difficult” up front after a “tremendous” first half on the protection front. Taylor didn’t say the offensive line was solely to blame and that the team would “go back through it” to figure out what went wrong.

Taylor also said the Rams have “the best front in all of football” and that proved to be a major difference maker when all was said and done at SoFi Stadium on Sunday night.

7 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

In the end the Bengals had multiple chances to make it a two score game and didn't even come close.  After the back to back games against Ravens and Chiefs, I thought Burrow was going to take it to the next level.  For whatever reason, he never did. 

Quite simply, he didn't do much in the playoffs and I'm not sure why. 

Because he was sacked 312 times in th playoffs?

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Winning Super Bowl coach:  gets the ball to his best player over and over on the last drive.

Losing coach:  Give ball on key third and one to waiver wire pickup RB, runs behind worst guard in NFL, and at best D lineman in NFL. 

I dunno man...

Yeah, got the ball to their best players in the last 2 min of the game aided by calls from the refs when they haven’t been making those calls all game long. Sure thing 👍

5 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I have to agree with Spicoli and that is as rare as our SB appearances lol.

This game was toatlly about the OL in the second half, or more about the Rams DL in the second half. It's like their DL coached ripped them a new one at half time "do you realize how bad that OL is?"

Taylor:

Donald came up big again on the final Bengals offensive play by pressuring Burrow into an incompletion and Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said after the game that things got “difficult” up front after a “tremendous” first half on the protection front. Taylor didn’t say the offensive line was solely to blame and that the team would “go back through it” to figure out what went wrong.

Taylor also said the Rams have “the best front in all of football” and that proved to be a major difference maker when all was said and done at SoFi Stadium on Sunday night.

Bengals had a good gameplan to help Adjenii with Hopkins.  Worked until the Rams lined up someone over center.   Uh, oh....

Don’t forget about the bonehead play by Zac going for it on 4th down at midfield that gave the Rams 7 pts.  Plus, our D not stopping them on 4th down around their 30 something yard line on a Kupp end around.  Zac made three bonehead play calls, one on 3rd down with Perine and the two 4th down calls.  

5 minutes ago, B.A.B. said:

One thing that’s being glossed over. Huber was absolutely DREADFUL today. As he’s been most of the playoffs and season. It’s been time to move on. Feel good story but move the fuck on. 

I'm a huge hometown homer and I love Huber...but he sure didn't do us any favors with field position tonight.  I'd hate to move on from him, but it is arguably time.

2 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

I'm a huge hometown homer and I love Huber...but he sure didn't do us any favors with field position tonight.  I'd hate to move on from him, but it is arguably time.

I've felt all season that the writing was on the wall with them keeping Chrisman around.

Archived