On To New England Hoodie Week

10 hours ago, GoBengals said:

that seems like cause it just seemed like you are an insane person.

so thats my bad then..   carry. on

No prob.  I guess.

My more sane (?) eval of Jackson Carman is that he is so far back in the organization's dog house he is only allowed out to pee. (double secret probation?)

Unless there is more going on to and with him than we know, he has been written off by the team as a high draft pick, home town boy, bust.

The only draft pick selected that high to get shabbier treatment was the immortal Kirby Chriswell, the second round pick cut in training camp,

infamous for dropped acid before practice and getting lost in the woods  in Wilmington and never finding his way to the field.

The irony here is Paul Brown avoided guys for rumors of marijuana (passed on drafting Dan Marino for that reason) but had never

heard of LSD.

Jackson "The Enigma" Carman certainly pissed someone off (like me?) unless, like I said, there is more going on with him than we know.

For whatever reason, including he ain't that good, they have zero trust in him to protect Franchise Joe.  OT Smith, too, but he was not a 2nd round pick.

In one of the recent post game victory celebrations/game ball presentation I did catch a glimpse of him, easy to pick out because everyone was in

white jerseys and he was in a black tee shirt.

One poster on here suggested we are trying to keep him healthy so we can try to trade him for chump change before simply cutting him at the end of

the season.  Dunno.

But he (and D' Smith) have been healthy scratches most of the season even with problems with the O line and, I think, a few times there were so

many people inactive that he could have suited up and been on the sideline.  Maybe they don't eat enough glass.

So, IMHO, deep in the doghouse or, God forbid, something else far more serious going on than we know.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/jason-williams/2022/12/22/nfl-prediction-cincinnati-bengals-vs-new-england-patriots/

Williams: Could Bengals fall into a trap on Christmas Eve?

In his weekly prediction column, Jason Williams asks: Could the surging Bengals fall into a trap vs. the mediocre Patriots on Christmas Eve?

image.jpeg.2d8032b84222d65a7e6eb52dd48a0e76.jpeg

1398199394000-jwilliams.jpg?width=48&heiJason Williams
Cincinnati Enquire

Merry Clinchmas, Cincinnati Bengals fans? Here is my weekly Bengals prediction:

NFL prediction: Cincinnati Bengals (10-4) at New England Patriots (7-7), Saturday, 1 p.m., CBS

Tricky game for the Bengals, who’ve won six straight and seem unstoppable.

Late December on the road against a Bill Belichick team that’s fighting for a playoff spot. The Patriots currently are the first team out of the playoffs. That might be enough motivation for New England, which has lost three of its last four.

Will the Patriots be extra motivated after they gifted Las Vegas a win last week on an all-time boneheaded lateral play as time expired? It was uncharacteristic of the Patriots Way, and Belichick undoubtedly has spent the week refocusing his team on not making self-inflicted mistakes.

The Bengals also have reasons to be motivated. They can clinch a playoff spot with a win, which would keep them atop the AFC North and still in the running for the No. 1 seed in the playoffs. To attain the top seed, the Bengals will have to win out and hope for Kansas City to lose a game.

Cincinnati will face one of the better defensive teams on its schedule. The Patriots are ranked sixth in the NFL in total defense, allowing 312.3 yards per game. It’ll be the Bengals’ second straight week to face a top-10 defense after Burrow and the Bengals carved up Tampa Bay in the second half of last Sunday’s 11-point win.

Betting against Belichick in this situation is risky. Some might call this a trap game for the Bengals, who close out the season against Buffalo and division rival Baltimore.

But the Bengals have a done a fantastic job at the one-game-at-a-time approach. It’s helped them to avoid letdowns so far down the stretch. Burrow has set that tone, and it’s hard seeing him let up as he builds his MVP candidacy and the defending AFC champs back to the postseason.

Prediction: Bengals win, 20-17

No big deal. Like the broken clock being correct twice a day, there is always the 50% chance of being correct on a win/loss prediction. 

Which, by paying attention, it was never stated they would lose. And, if I suddenly had a surge of Clapton-like Uber-optimism (I say that endearingly) it isn’t saying they win either. 

Getting zen-like in my old age. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

No big deal. Like the broken clock being correct twice a day, there is always the 50% chance of being correct on a win/loss prediction. 

Which, by paying attention, it was never stated they would lose. And, if I suddenly had a surge of Clapton-like Uber-optimism (I say that endearingly) it isn’t saying they win either. 

Getting zen-like in my old age. 

Not zen like..

edgey ..

Archived