Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

38 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

In my opinion, he is the most critical re-signing of the off-season. No draftee or what’s on the roster now can do what he does: not only performance, but leadership. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

In my opinion, he is the most critical re-signing of the off-season. No draftee or what’s on the roster now can do what he does: not only performance, but leadership. 

You got to keep him and at least tag Tee or we will be likely a wild card team next year instead of winning the division. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

You got to keep him and at least tag Tee or we will be likely a wild card team next year instead of winning the division. 

I disagree, everyone on this team is replaceable except Burrow.  Not saying it would be easy or that the FO is capable of doing it, but he's the only one in that category.

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Channeling my inner Lloyd, I guess.

Embarrassed last week, motivated by pride and fine tuning... and fear of losing their jobs (any interior D lineman who does not have initials rather than

a first name)... fear of losing their job (O line and D line coaches) and we really are NOT that bad.

Also thinking trap game for the Jags.

We are easy to overlook.

I'm hitting Hard Rock this AM and putting $20 on the Bengals... with the points. :)

Point taken sir...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shebengal said:

We HAVE to re-sign Reader

Our run defense would be destroyed without him.

Id sign DJ and let Jonah walk if it comes down to salary cap 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

We HAVE to re-sign Reader

Our run defense would be destroyed without him.

Id sign DJ and let Jonah walk if it comes down to salary cap 

And then Burrow keeps getting creamed? Not saying I would re-sign Jonah but to me the most critical thing we need is to fix the frigging OL. And fix it for the long term, not band-aids. 

11 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And then Burrow keeps getting creamed? Not saying I would re-sign Jonah but to me the most critical thing we need is to fix the frigging OL. And fix it for the long term, not band-aids. 

Jonah isn't fixing anything.

Draft a ROT.

Keep Reader.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

And draft a good DT also

Never mind the draft. Rookies are magic beans, they're not a guaranteed quick fix.  They need FA's that can do a good enough job to make the rookies earn first string. Handing that to them along with their jersey on draft day is how you get a soft & entitled team.

We know Tee & Reader will be among the best players on the market at their positions. The draft's a bunch of nobodies until proven otherwise. Franchise tag Higgins and they're still $50M under the cap to get DJ extended & go fishing again for real OL/TE help.

Hang our hopes entirely on draft picks instead & we'll be talking about this too soon again next season.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If they tag Tee then sign Chase - Chase’s deal won’t kick in until 2025 correct?

You mean against the cap? Would probably depend on when exactly he signs it but I'll worry about the Bengals running out of cap space when it happens. That's not been an issue so far, to put it mildly.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Wait I thought we were joking with each other? ;)

Sorry, a bit touchy today I am. Joke taken! 

I am too used to ninjas and other assorted emogis indicating joking/sarcasm. 

(on sites such as SB Nation, I notice when folks are making fun, everything is in all-caps. I may use this format in the future--so don't take it like it's shouting! 😄)

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If they tag Tee then sign Chase - Chase’s deal won’t kick in until 2025 correct?

Bengals will have until next May to exercise the 5th year contract option on Uno. They assuredly will do that. They can sign him to a contract extension after this season. I could see them doing something like a 5 year 150 million dollar deal with a 50 mil signing bonus. The 30 mil per year average is Tyreek Hill money but if it's an extension, it wouldn't kick in until after his rookie deal expires. The 50 mil signing bonus would be prorated over the next 5 years, so it raises Chase's cap number for 2024 by 10 mil. That's easily affordable. 

• Upvote 2