Keeping our enemies close: 2023

CINCINNATI — Former Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson was fired as the head coach of Grambling State this week.

Jackson went 8-14 in two seasons at Grambling State.

"We want to thank Coach Jackson on his contributions to the GSU football program," athletic director Trayvean Scott said in a statement. "We wish him well in all his future endeavors. This was not an easy decision to make but one that we felt was necessary to move our program forward. The goal at GSU is to compete for championships every year. As we move forward, we will be intentional in finding the right person to lead this program back to its rightful place as one of the top programs in the country."

Jackson was the Bengals OC from 2014-15 before taking the head coach role with the Cleveland Browns from 2016-18.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

CINCINNATI — Former Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson was fired as the head coach of Grambling State this week.

Jackson went 8-14 in two seasons at Grambling State.

"We want to thank Coach Jackson on his contributions to the GSU football program," athletic director Trayvean Scott said in a statement. "We wish him well in all his future endeavors. This was not an easy decision to make but one that we felt was necessary to move our program forward. The goal at GSU is to compete for championships every year. As we move forward, we will be intentional in finding the right person to lead this program back to its rightful place as one of the top programs in the country."

Jackson was the Bengals OC from 2014-15 before taking the head coach role with the Cleveland Browns from 2016-18.

I know a few alumni who did not like Hue, he's more of a carpet bagger than a SWAC coach. Hue didn't attend an HBCU, he only went to Grambling because he couldn't get an HC job anywhere else and we see why. Not everyone is cut out to be a HC. 

The culture for these universities is such that they are proud of their football programs and Hue didn't beat Southern, which is the Michigan to Grambling State in the Bayou Classic. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I know a few alumni who did not like Hue, he's more of a carpet bagger than a SWAC coach. Hue didn't attend an HBCU, he only went to Grambling because he couldn't get an HC job anywhere else and we see why. Not everyone is cut out to be a HC. 

The culture for these universities is such that they are proud of their football programs and Hue didn't beat Southern, which is the Michigan to Grambling State in the Bayou Classic. 

His (short) time at Tennessee State was a disaster.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Question..

Whats your opinion on his time here as OC?

He seemed fine to me for what they needed at the time, but I think honestly think other are in a better place to comment.

Tennessee State comment is from someone connected to the program.

Edited by Montana Bengal
Edited for clarity
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

He seemed fine to me for what they needed at the time, but I think honestly think other are in a better place to comment.

Tennessee State comment is from someone connected to the program.

Not every OC is cut to be a HC.

I think he was over his head as a HC but see nothing  wrong as an OC.

• Upvote 1

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/arrest-warrant-bills-von-miller-issued-alleged-domestic-violence-incident-involving-pregnant-woman

Arrest warrant for Bills' Von Miller issued over alleged domestic violence incident involving pregnant woman

Two-time Super Bowl champion and Buffalo Bills linebacker Von Miller is facing charges related to an alleged domestic violence incident in his native Texas and a warrant for his arrest has been issued, police confirmed to Fox News Ditial on Thursday. 

The Dallas Police Department responded to the 3100 block of N. Harwood at approximately 11 a.m. on Wednesday in response to a "major disturbance call."  

According to law enforcement, Miller left the scene before officers arrived, but the preliminary investigation found that a verbal argument between Miller and the victim ensued where he then allegedly "assaulted the victim." The victim, who was not identified by police, was not hospitalized but was treated for "minor injuries."

"This morning, we were made aware of an incident involving Von Miller. We are in the process of gathering more information and will have no further comment at this point."

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/arrest-warrant-bills-von-miller-issued-alleged-domestic-violence-incident-involving-pregnant-woman

Arrest warrant for Bills' Von Miller issued over alleged domestic violence incident involving pregnant woman

Two-time Super Bowl champion and Buffalo Bills linebacker Von Miller is facing charges related to an alleged domestic violence incident in his native Texas and a warrant for his arrest has been issued, police confirmed to Fox News Ditial on Thursday. 

The Dallas Police Department responded to the 3100 block of N. Harwood at approximately 11 a.m. on Wednesday in response to a "major disturbance call."  

According to law enforcement, Miller left the scene before officers arrived, but the preliminary investigation found that a verbal argument between Miller and the victim ensued where he then allegedly "assaulted the victim." The victim, who was not identified by police, was not hospitalized but was treated for "minor injuries."

"This morning, we were made aware of an incident involving Von Miller. We are in the process of gathering more information and will have no further comment at this point."

Turned himself in

https://dailysnark.com/2023/11/30/disturbing-details-emerge-from-von-millers-alleged-domestic-violence-incident-involving-pregnant-girlfriend/?fbclid=IwAR3kAitU1CPrrEwK6Kg1x3k52ZqXnDPxt3KChVDBzoSs6MIiAMj2SGT1o7Y

8 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I thought the highlight of his career here was his

teenage daughter boinking a third string linebacker.

Speaking of Nate Webster he was released 2 years ago

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/nate-webster-convicted-of-sex-crimes-against-bengals-coachs-underage-daughter-granted-release

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

LOL (at myself)

I thought the Bengals released him ages ago.

DOH!

FWIW, I didn't realize he was sent uo the river.

17 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Dang - there's a lot to digest in this one paragraph:

Webster’s attorneys argued before Judge Alison Hatheway that Webster completed the majority of his 10-year sentence, developed a strong Christian faith beginning in 2018 and stood a low chance of recidivism due to outside support from another ex-Bengal: pastor Caleb Miller, son-in-law of local restaurant mogul Jeff Ruby.

Caleb Miller is a pastor? And he married into the Ruby family?