Keeping our enemies close: 2023

3 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

How do you figure?

We beat BUF head to head and a win wouldn't put them ahead of us in the standings.  Them winning or losing today han no impact on our position, and unless we win the division KC doesn't matter to us.

BAL's win today puts them 3 up with 4 to play AND with the 2-0 sweep of us, so the division is as good as gone.

The only satisfaction comes from KC having to play road payoff games - which Mahomes has NEVER done. The lower their seed the more of those they get.  A BUF win didn't hurt us, a KC loss adds to their misery and makes more road playoff games more likely.

I was steadfastly rooting for BUF today.  Everybody should've IMO, unless there's something I've overlooked?. :)

Although we have the head to head against Buffalo, ties involving more than two teams are different with regard to tie breakers. Case in point: The Colts are currently in and the Bengals are out despite having the same records and the Bengals owning the head to head. The Bills win just keeps one more team involved in the six-team logjam, so I figure having them drop back out of the pack was better.

In another scenario, they finish 11-6 and the Bengals finish 10-7.  A loss today may have put them tied with the Bengals at 10-7, with the Bengals winning that head to head, rather than them getting the playoff spot due to a better overall record.

We likely have no fight with KC in the playoff-seeding race this year, but we do with Buffalo, thus my assumption that it would be better that they had lost.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Shout-out to WR Mike Evans.

10 straight seasons of 60 plus catches 

and 1000 yrds.

10 straight seasons second only to Jerry Rice with 11.

His 10 seasons are tied with Randy Moss and 4 behind Rice.

Props given to a great WR.

Canton is calling...

• Upvote 1

I'm sitting here watching the Titans not open holes for Henry and he isn't going anywhere. I'm not sure what magical unicorn RB you guys think can get yards without an Oline opening holes for him. Henry is the best back in the league and he's getting maybe 2-3 yards on carries like these. Pretty much what Mixon gets when the line doesn't open holes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

The Giants wearing “throwback” block letter uniforms..replacing their usual “throwback” script NY uniforms they replaced tonight’s “throwback” uniform with. 

Fashion. 

Lol.

Giants are one fucked up team.

Do the Miras even care anymore?

The biggest market in the NFL and a disgrace to the league

Complete mystery why there aren't relevant outside of drafting a lower tier QB.

WTF is going on with this Organisixation...??

What would they give up to obtain Browning if he stays this course?

,One boatload of picks .

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Will Levis is one tough Jose. Fearless. 

He sure is but it's not going to work out in the NFL for him if he's going to play like that. Even QBs bigger than him like Cam Newton eventually wear out if you insist on playing QB like LB

• Upvote 1