Keeping our enemies close: 2023

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, they pretty much have to find a suitor to take over part of that disastrous deal.  It does save them REAL money going forward.  

So what do you figure?  Atlanta, Minnesota, New England, Raiders, Giants??, Washington and Chicago (bridge QB). 

I don't see any team wanting to take on a 35yr old that's going downhill.

The contract and years of it are to risky..

If any team was stupid enough to take him on it may be Washinton..

31 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

It appears your context is that of “if the contract stays as is in a trade”? 

Otherwise, a lot of teams would look at a 35-year old former SB Champion QB. See Flacco, J. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

It appears your context is that of “if the contract stays as is in a trade”? 

Otherwise, a lot of teams would look at a 35-year old former SB Champion QB. See Flacco, J. 

Yes.

Depends on how much a team is willing to take on his contract.

Can't get over how much Denver 

gave up for him.

Ludicrous..

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I doubt Wilson will be the 'back-up" QB type so he will want to go to a team to be the starter. And he can sign for the league minimum becuse of his current contract has the offset, so he cant 'make any more' for at least 2024. 

No doubt he'd like a starting job to prove he can still play. But the truth is he isn't that good at this point in his career. What team would rather have Wilson as their clear starter as opposed to drafting a rookie and placing their hopes with him? If Wilson is willing to mentor a rookie ala Dalton with Bryce Young, he'll have suitors. But if he expects to clearly be "the guy" for a new team, he may be waiting for a while, like Flacco. Russell Wilson is better than starting QBs like Aidan O'Connell, Mac Jones, and Desmond Ridder. But those guy's teams are looking for replacements in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I suppose. With Peyton, maybe call the whole mix of the Mules an experiment which produced some real chances for the postseason during the season. 

The visual is, however, the ownership quitting on the remainder of the season which--even if only 8%--is still not over.  

That isn’t what the visual is.  The visual is Russell wasn’t wanted by not only Pete Carroll and most of the players in Seattle, but now Denver and Sean Peyton don’t want him.    

Ownership is quitting on him because he is a shit teammate.   Nobody on the Seahawks ever said a good word about him after he left, especially the future hall of fame defensive players on that team. Why is that?  Because he was a Ciara’s little bitch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I think a few teams would take on a portion of his contract.  He is OK and some franchises would be happy with that. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Watching the Clowns O-line who are down several guys just impose their will while ours can't do much of anything is depressing.

But CFT's opponent tonight is from their 4th place schedule. Nobody else in the North gets to play the Jests this year. We played BUF from our 1st place schedule. CFT is feasting due to the lack of schedule strength tonight, IMO.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AmishBengalFan said:

But CFT's opponent tonight is from their 4th place schedule. Nobody else in the North gets to play the Jests this year. We played BUF from our 1st place schedule. CFT is feasting due to the lack of schedule strength tonight, IMO.

The Jets are one of the top Defenses in the league

If Baltimore beats Miami on Sunday, Cleveland is locked into the 5th seed.  I would therefore expect them to rest their starters against  us on Week 18.

So if we can somehow manage to beat the Chiefs this week, we should be able to beat the Cleveland backups the following Sunday... 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

If Baltimore beats Miami on Sunday, Cleveland is locked into the 5th seed.  I would therefore expect them to rest their starters against  us on Week 18.

So if we can somehow manage to beat the Chiefs this week, we should be able to beat the Cleveland backups the following Sunday... 

I like the way you think, but I'm not holding my breath.