Jump to content

Bengals Training Camp and Pre-season Thread -News and Obs - 2023


Recommended Posts

Back Together Weekend - Linky: https://www.bengals.com/team/back-together-weekend

Quote

 

Saturday, July 29 | Back Together Weekend

 

The Bengals will practice inside Paycor Stadium on Saturday, July 29 as part of the NFL's Back Together Weekend, presented locally by Swift Meats. Mobile tickets are required for all fans attending this practice. Tickets are free and will be made available the week of July 17, with Season Ticket and Waitlist Members receiving first access.

 

A family-friendly event where fans get a first hand look at the team practicing in Paycor Stadium with activations for all ages - including photo booth, miniature golf, Play 60 area, balloons/face painters and more! All tickets are free, mobile, and general admission (first-come, first-served) in the 100 level. There will be no reserved seat locations and preseason and regular season tickets will not apply to this event.

 

 

I attended this last year - it was kinda cool but geared more toward kids and people who have never been inside PBS than the more seasoned ticket holders.  Gates opened at 1, practice began at 2:15 and ran until 4.  There was some interaction between the fans and players, and there were plenty of distractions from the PA announcers, Maria, and Liz, who engaged with the crowd frequently.  Altogether not a terrible way to spend a VERY hot afternoon in Cincinnati, and definitely worth the price of admission.

 

Season Ticket holders - we should get an email from our account manager today (Tuesday 7/18) with your TicketBastard link to get tickets.  IIRC there was a limit of 4 tickets per account last year, unknown if that's the limit this year.  Tickets are 100% free and are available only to Season Ticket and Waitlist bubbas for two days - General public gets access on Thursday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Making a run from northern Maryland to see camp practice on Aug 4 and then a Reds game that night. 

Before Burrow had to have emergency surgery on his ruptured appendix last year, didn't you plan to travel for a training camp practice? Hopefully nothing like that happens this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dex said:

Before Burrow had to have emergency surgery on his ruptured appendix last year, didn't you plan to travel for a training camp practice? Hopefully nothing like that happens this year.

Yup. 100% canceled that planned excursion when appendix-gate happened.   I feel like, knock on all wood, we are all overdue for good fortune to reign down on Burrow in camp this time around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm interested in how Zach Carter does. He didn't show a lot during his rookie season but has gained 20 pounds of muscle according to reports. Maybe he can provide more rotational snaps behind Hill and even some pass rush.

 

Also interested in the RT battle between Williams, Carman, and Collins. Wil Lael be ready for week 1? If so, is he the starter again? If not, will Jonah beat out Jackson on merit?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'm interested in how Zach Carter does. He didn't show a lot during his rookie season but has gained 20 pounds of muscle according to reports. Maybe he can provide more rotational snaps behind Hill and even some pass rush.

 

Also interested in the RT battle between Williams, Carman, and Collins. Wil Lael be ready for week 1? If so, is he the starter again? If not, will Jonah beat out Jackson on merit?

 

 

Weird thing about Carter is that he was expected to provide a pass rush but there were worries about how he would hold up against the run. His rookie season went the opposite way. The coaches clearly like him. This year they want him to be strictly a 3T, which is why they wanted him to add weight. Murphy is the guy who will be asked to play up and down the line. Cam Sample too...if he makes the roster.

 

DL might be the deepest position on the team. Wouldn't shock me if they break camp with 11 DL. Either DL or DB will get 11 slots on the 53, I think. With the way the position has been devalued and the ease with which one can be added from anywhere, I fully expect the Bengals to carry only 3 RBs on the 53 man roster. I expect at least 26 defensive players on the opening day roster, only 24 on offense. This could change depending on who might be dinged up after the last exhibition game though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'm interested in how Zach Carter does. He didn't show a lot during his rookie season but has gained 20 pounds of muscle according to reports. Maybe he can provide more rotational snaps behind Hill and even some pass rush.

 

Also interested in the RT battle between Williams, Carman, and Collins. Wil Lael be ready for week 1? If so, is he the starter again? If not, will Jonah beat out Jackson on merit?

 

 

Collins will be healthy and in football shape about the time Williams gets injured.

Not impossible Williams is relatively healthy and fresh when Collins goes down.

1/2 :ninja:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • membengal changed the title to Bengals Training Camp Thread -News and Obs - 2023

Might as well just use this thread going forward. Rookies report tomorrow. Mock turtle soup Monday. Vets Tuesday and the easing into practices starts Wednesday. Hoping for some separate threads soon for Burrow's contract and maybe one or two more.

 

I am on vacation starting tomorrow so will probably be able to get on top of updates from camp etc in this thread fairly regularly next week - and if not me, Griever.

 

Let's go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • membengal changed the title to Bengals Training Camp and Pre-season Thread -News and Obs - 2023
On 7/20/2023 at 3:04 PM, dex said:

Weird thing about Carter is that he was expected to provide a pass rush but there were worries about how he would hold up against the run. His rookie season went the opposite way. The coaches clearly like him. This year they want him to be strictly a 3T, which is why they wanted him to add weight. Murphy is the guy who will be asked to play up and down the line. Cam Sample too...if he makes the roster.

 

DL might be the deepest position on the team. Wouldn't shock me if they break camp with 11 DL. Either DL or DB will get 11 slots on the 53, I think. With the way the position has been devalued and the ease with which one can be added from anywhere, I fully expect the Bengals to carry only 3 RBs on the 53 man roster. I expect at least 26 defensive players on the opening day roster, only 24 on offense. This could change depending on who might be dinged up after the last exhibition game though.

Zach Carter was drafted as a 3T..

6'4 282 lbs at draft.

 

Hes put the weight on at 290.

More solid weight to come imo..

He has potential to be good...

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...