All time Bengals team to win a SB, SS edition

Strong Safety  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the strong safety?

• Bobby Kemp
    • David Fulcher
    • Vonn Bell

IMO there are only 3 legitimate SS candidates, and one is head and shoulders above the rest. 

QB: Joe Burr

RB: Corey Dillon

LT: Anthony Munoz 

LG: Andrew Whitworth

C : Bob Johnson

RG: Max Montoya

RT: Willie Anderson
TE: Rodney Holman
WR: JaMarr Chase

WR: Chad Johnson

WR: Isaac Curtis

K: Evan McPherson
P: Pat MacInally

DE: Coy Bacon

NT: Tim Krumrie

3T: Geno Atkins

DE: Tre Hendrickson
OLB: Reggie Williams 

MLB: Vontaze Burfict

OLB: Takeo Spikes
CB: Ken Riley

CB: Jonathan Joseph
Slot: Mike Hilton

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't remember this?? Remind me.

It's a little fuzzy to me actually...but...

The year the Bengals were on HBO's Hard Knocks training camp series, there were two things that still ring a bell for me...one was Gio driving around in his Mother-in-Laws mini van and the other was a guy in the secondary that was kinda annoying and everytime he was on camera he would say "I love my girlfriend".  He was the JarJar Binks character for that series IMHO.

5 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

The year the Bengals were on HBO's Hard Knocks training camp series, there were two things that still ring a bell for me...one was Gio driving around in his Mother-in-Laws mini van and the other was a guy in the secondary that was kinda annoying and everytime he was on camera he would say "I love my girlfriend".  He was the JarJar Binks character for that series IMHO.

:24:

39 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

It was Taylor Mays

Hard to “dissent” with limited choices. 

Name not included is that of Tommy Casanova. And before the screams of “he was a free safety!” come up…he was also a two-time Pro Bowler at Strong Safety. Indeed, he split his career here equally between the positions. It really didn’t matter…the Bengal defenses in the ‘70’s flipped responsibilities back and forth in the centerfield, so who was technically called what, was immaterial. 

Is he “that guy” in place of Fulcher? I dunno. Having seen both play in person, TC had a different skill set from #33. That said, each could also change a game with those different skill sets. 

I’m sure TC will be on the FS list coming up. Whatever one calls the baby. 

Archived