Would you prefer the Bengals lose out?

Bengals losing out ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the Bengals lose out to get the best draft pick?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which of these 2 options would you prefer if the only options?

• Team goes 8-9, misses playoffs
    • Team loses out, goes 5-12
  3. 3. Is there any chance the Bengals can still make the playoffs?

• Are you fucking insane! They might not win a game!
    • I mean, it's not likely, but I'm a sucker for hope
    • Not unless Burrow amputates and throws from a pirate hook

I would prefer 6 straight wins and a Lombardi. LOL. That would be beyond a Festivus miracle, for sure. I think we're plummeting a bit, and I don't see a way out. With Bates and Bell the D was legit bend don't break, with timely big plays and turnovers keeping us right there. Now they're just....bad.  Can't scheme, can't even tackle. There's always hope with the offense. We just got humiliated in Pissburgh but still put up about 400 yards of offense. The formula? The D putting us way behind. Jake making bad decisions in severe catch-up mode. And of course, Zac Taylor. I think we had a 2nd and 1 at the Pissburgh 9? Something like that. Couldn't convert and came away with zero points. They just can't impose their will for a yard and/or Zac dials up some low percentage/risky plays. I think we gave away the Houston game in similar fashion. First and goal at the Houston 7, under 2 minutes to play, down by 3, and we came away with a field goal while only burning about 25 seconds! That is almost impossibly bad game management. I like Zac's personality, but I never have confidence in his decision making. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, A Rock said:

I would prefer 6 straight wins and a Lombardi. LOL. That would be beyond a Festivus miracle, for sure. I think we're plummeting a bit, and I don't see a way out. With Bates and Bell the D was legit bend don't break, with timely big plays and turnovers keeping us right there. Now they're just....bad.  Can't scheme, can't even tackle. There's always hope with the offense. We just got humiliated in Pissburgh but still put up about 400 yards of offense. The formula? The D putting us way behind. Jake making bad decisions in severe catch-up mode. And of course, Zac Taylor. I think we had a 2nd and 1 at the Pissburgh 9? Something like that. Couldn't convert and came away with zero points. They just can't impose their will for a yard and/or Zac dials up some low percentage/risky plays. I think we gave away the Houston game in similar fashion. First and goal at the Houston 7, under 2 minutes to play, down by 3, and we came away with a field goal while only burning about 25 seconds! That is almost impossibly bad game management. I like Zac's personality, but I never have confidence in his decision making. 

Not having Reader has hurt we need a dt badly he'll be out a full year 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Not having Reader has hurt we need a dt badly he'll be out a full year 

To be coldly and unfortunately honest... at his age, he's through

as an effective interior defensive lineman.

I guess I would re-sign him cheap but we are only going to get a

half year out of him anyway.

Uses my Bengals 20/20 Hindsight Glasses™ I'm still livid they went for

The Because We're Bengals, Son way of doing things and not getting

Chase Young for a 3rd round draft pick at the trade deadline.

Wouldn't you say he is better than a 3rd round pick?  Even dinged up? 

• Upvote 5

For those of you who would prefer to tank than to try to win, we are in the #18 slot right now in a three way tie at 8-7 with DEN and PIT, and are a game off from the next six teams at 7-8 - ATL NOS GBP LVR DEN and MIN.  The first tiebreak is SOS, and ours is the highest in the league so we will lose out to any team we tie with.  Therefore all of the teams who already have 9 losses are pretty much guaranteed to pick ahead of us.

Best case scenario for the Tank Squad is for us to go 0-2 and leapfrog the other eight by having them all go 2-0. I'm sorry to have to point out that since ATL-NOS and LVR-DEN have games left against each other, the best you can hope for is for us to move up six spots, as theres no way for both teams in those two games to win.

We are #18 right now.  Best you can hope for is #12.  Personally, I'm hoping for #32 until it's no longer mathematically possible, but you do you.

See you at the draft.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AmishBengalFan said:

For those of you who would prefer to tank than to try to win, we are in the #18 slot right now in a three way tie at 8-7 with DEN and PIT, and are a game off from the next six teams at 7-8 - ATL NOS GBP LVR DEN and MIN.  The first tiebreak is SOS, and ours is the highest in the league so we will lose out to any team we tie with.  Therefore all of the teams who already have 9 losses are pretty much guaranteed to pick ahead of us.

Best case scenario for the Tank Squad is for us to go 0-2 and leapfrog the other eight by having them all go 2-0. I'm sorry to have to point out that since ATL-NOS and LVR-DEN have games left against each other, the best you can hope for is for us to move up six spots, as theres no way for both teams in those two games to win.

We are #18 right now.  Best you can hope for is #12.  Personally, I'm hoping for #32 until it's no longer mathematically possible, but you do you.

See you at the draft.

Now that she's divorced, what are the mathematical chances of Natalie Portman and I getting married? ;)

Not like anyone here has any input anyhow.  Whether we want them to lose, win it all, or the franchise to leave the NFL to form a competitive synchronized swim team doesn't actually matter, not even a little bit. Doesn't make a lot of sense to get worked up about it, we're all just along for the ride.  Odds are the team splits the difference & manages to disappoint everyone. They could trade Browning for a top 10 pick and then blow it on the next John Ross. It's really nothing to get spun up over.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

Damn guys. We're all still Bengal fans, right?

Who Dey?

Yeah, but this "I'm a bigger Bengals fan than you are"

stuff gets old.

TBH... this crap of calling anyone on here a "bandwagon fan" is

childish cheap drama.

Bengals Uber Swifties.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Yeah, but this "I'm a bigger Bengals fan than you are"

stuff gets old.

TBH... this crap of calling anyone on here a "bandwagon fan" is

childish cheap drama.

Bengals Uber Swifties.

Not to continue with this banal rubbish…however I’m missing where anyone in the latest hiss-fest has actually stated either of those. 

Mocking whether someone is all-in for the team “tanking” (née quitting), or all-in for battling to the very end…has literally no connection to one’s “fandom”. At least I don’t see it that way. But Amish is a “dick” for saying one thing, and Jamie would be “petty” if he gets his way, is silly non-sequitur. 

Anyhoo….and repeating for the umpteenth time: 

image.gif.190eea73ec97e7184241e33cbf16c5c3.gif

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Not to continue with this banal rubbish…however I’m missing where anyone in the latest hiss-fest has actually stated either of those. 

Mocking whether someone is all-in for the team “tanking” (née quitting), or all-in for battling to the very end…has literally no connection to one’s “fandom”. At least I don’t see it that way. But Amish is a “dick” for saying one thing, and Jamie would be “petty” if he gets his way, is silly non-sequitur. 

Anyhoo….and repeating for the umpteenth time: 

image.gif.190eea73ec97e7184241e33cbf16c5c3.gif

I'm actually holding off on being petty for when we win a SB and it will only be designated to the Q-Anon "NFL Script" believers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I guess you missed it.

IMG_5062.jpeg.fe51ba2514b78a9727c782c73043e1b8.jpeg

IMG_5063.jpeg.502b7bb7bd38ee18a69cc877296120c2.jpeg

ONE member has actively made personal attacks against other members.  

If he is such a “good guy” why don’t you point out to him that he is stepping over the line instead of complaining about those giving him some pushback…actually pretty tame pushback?

[For the record, I am not, nor have I ever been on “team tank” as I think that would significantly damage the attraction for free agents.]

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1