What Should we do at Punter?

28 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

where is chrisman or whoever we had last year?  fuck it...  get Huber back.. what was the logic in keeping this guy ?? 

The best thing to “do at punter” is to keep stacking first downs and just let the punter hold on PATs.  😎

Too early to call Robbins a bust....be patient. We should not be going after every Tom, Dick, Harry just because a rookie punter has an up-and-down season.

And running to want to sign Ariza or Huber reeks of desperation--we are not desperate....

Just my opinion, though.  I don't mind being proved wrong.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

where is chrisman or whoever we had last year?  fuck it...  get Huber back.. what was the logic in keeping this guy ?? 

He's still looking for a job. He makes videos and puts them on X, usually once a week. Some are pretty funny, seems like a good guy.

https://twitter.com/DChrisman91

15 hours ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Too early to call Robbins a bust....be patient. We should not be going after every Tom, Dick, Harry just because a rookie punter has an up-and-down season.

And running to want to sign Ariza or Huber reeks of desperation--we are not desperate....

Just my opinion, though.  I don't mind being proved wrong.

I agree with this.Remember a kicker,Marvin Lewis traded up to get in the 4th round,a few years ago? At the end of TC,he cut him.He was picked up by the Eagles,and became a pro bowl kicker.Give Robins time.He was the best punter in the country,when they drafted him.

4 hours ago, stan said:

I agree with this.Remember a kicker,Marvin Lewis traded up to get in the 4th round,a few years ago? At the end of TC,he cut him.He was picked up by the Eagles,and became a pro bowl kicker.Give Robins time.He was the best punter in the country,when they drafted him.

Er, no he wasn't the best punter in the country. A couple of his fellow Big 10 punters were drafted ahead of him. Barringer from MSU is among the NFL leaders in several punting categories as a rookie. 

2 hours ago, stan said:

I checked.You are right.He was the 5th ranked punter.Were the other 4,selected ahed of him? If not ,why did the Bengals pick him,when better ones were available?

Why did the Bengals pick him when better ones were available .... 

lol how many times have we asked that question ... 

The kicker was Jake Elliot....in a small way, it was more convincing evidence Marvin Lewis needed to go--they cut him in favor of Fat Randy, which missed numerous potential game winners and go-aheads, and Elliot went with the Eagles and got a ring.

.....come to thing of it, there are numerous former Bengals that go to other teams and get their rings---bur im getting off track.

Silver lining is because of Bullocks eccentric performance, we were abble to get Money Mac as our kicker, which turns out to be one of our best picks...

21 hours ago, stan said:

I checked.You are right.He was the 5th ranked punter.Were the other 4,selected ahed of him? If not ,why did the Bengals pick him,when better ones were available?

Robbins wasn't picked for having a huge leg or average, he was picked for his directional punting skills and hang time. It was a reaction to Chrisman's poor punt vs KC at the end of the AFCCG. But Robbins has turned out to be less than advertised. I'd be fine with giving Araiza a look now that he's clear of all legal cases.