Keeping our enemies close: 2024

On 3/16/2024 at 11:33 PM, Le Tigre said:

Denver spent way too much cash and capital and we're in a bind. They were stuck paying his ridonkulous salary whether he played for them on not, so PIT swooped in to exploit their mistake and got Wilson for nothing.

In other words, DEN got drunk and was backed into a corner bathroom stall where PIT took advantage of them.

The rape analogy still fits.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Only the Stealers could cut a first round pick after all of 24 starts, replace him with a completely washed Russel Wilson (who Denver couldn't wait to dumpster despite owing a ton of money & having no solid starter in his place) only to have some ESPN jackass try to spin that as the two shrewdest QB moves the NFL has seen in years.

I suppose it's not quite Deshaun Watson to Cleveland stupid, but WTF?

Should someone explain to Mike Greenberg that "shrewdest" doesn't mean "most resembling this thing"?  Whenever he gets done huffing Steeler taint, I mean.

hh-animals-shrew-1.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hate the Stealers as much as anyone but I have to say these were 2 good moves. Wilson is probably done but they are paying him nothing and as much as he is a locker room shithead, the Stoolers seem to actually like that. 

Fields is better than Pickett and I will give the Stoolers credit for realizing what most knew, Pickett was never going to develop. So they cut thier losses. 

neither of these guys or Burrow or Lamar obviously but they will keep the Stoolers in the mix. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Hate the Stealers as much as anyone but I have to say these were 2 good moves. Wilson is probably done but they are paying him nothing and as much as he is a locker room shithead, the Stoolers seem to actually like that. 

Fields is better than Pickett and I will give the Stoolers credit for realizing what most knew, Pickett was never going to develop. So they cut thier losses. 

neither of these guys or Burrow or Lamar obviously but they will keep the Stoolers in the mix. 

And fields is a free agent next year so they'll have to pay him or he's gone

• Upvote 1

Although it's great for jokes, tbh the Squeelers were impulsive and idiotic to cut Pickett loose so quickly.

All first Rd picks have their full 4 year contract guaranteed. This is typically why a team will let those 4 years run their course to see if a struggling player turns it around. They should have as well. 

Was Pickett good? No. But baby hands was not so awful that he wasn't worth keeping as a backup QB. 

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Although it's great for jokes, tbh the Squeelers were impulsive and idiotic to cut Pickett loose so quickly.

All first Rd picks have their full 4 year contract guaranteed. This is typically why a team will let those 4 years run their course to see if a struggling player turns it around. They should have as well. 

Was Pickett good? No. But baby hands was not so awful that he wasn't worth keeping as a backup QB. 

The impression I get is that Pickett is kind of an entitled chode. Thank kind of "I am not competing for a position that should be mine" stuff is locker room cancer.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The impression I get is that Pickett is kind of an entitled chode. Thank kind of "I am not competing for a position that should be mine" stuff is locker room cancer.

Another Josh Rosen or Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Throwing with mitts on in Stealer winter was a problem .

Buiter suited to a dome..