34 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ ... If we go DB (and not RT or DT), I think Cooper is the best choice

IMG_20240220_211210.jpg

Lots of talent yes...

Unless they solve the RT position before the draft I'd rather go Fuaga or one of the other OTs..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/20/2024 at 3:17 PM, BlackJesus said:

Continuing on Cooper DeJean, he might have the most impressive highlight reel of a CB I have ever seen at any level ... He catches like a WR, runs like a RB, and seems to glide down the field. 

I appreciate that this highlight package showed a collection of him on contain, so many of these just show INTs and PRs/whatever.

He looks like the complete package, I'd be very happy if we ended up with him.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Walter Football has a new Big Board - they have Mims at 6 overall and Latham at 9 - those are the two top tackles (ahead of all the LT’s). 

I'm surprised. As Joe Alt to me is the best OT by far. In fact, he would be #2 on my overall big board, after only Marvin Harrison Jr. 

If he fell past #10 you have to trade whatever is necessary to get up to take him. 

• Upvote 2

I'd like to see them do some Redeeming on a RT looking to either earn a long-term contract or a vet trying to get a ring in the next couple of years before they hang it up.  Then draft their replacement just like this new guy doesn't exist.

What I suspect we'll get is wait to see who falls to them in the draft, then sign some leftover JAG RT to back them up & hope the rookie keeps them off the field.

3rd option, they ignore the position in the draft again & roll with another 2nd-string FA who they'll talk up all off season before smoothly transitioning to "not as bad as people think" mode.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

I appreciate that this highlight package showed a collection of him on contain, so many of these just show INTs and PRs/whatever.

He looks like the complete package, I'd be very happy if we ended up with him.

Have seen him play a number of times. He’s tremendous. Versatile, hella fast, smart. Playmaker. 

I think he’d be a great center fielder or a corner. Really good PR too. Kinda reminds me of Harrison Smith. I guess it depends on what happens in FA but he’d be a great chess piece and Dax could play slot or get moved around some, too. 

Funny, in those highlights he made plays against both Charlie Jones and Chase Brown… as well as JSN. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

tanking is such a rare occurrence, even though we did it for burrow, we did it without harming anyone we were keeping, the team needed to flip a ton of guys. so it made sense to just toss in young guys.

but this team isnt that, tanking for a few draft spots, a 6-11 record, almost forces you to fire coaches for fan perspective, players who got benched are hurt with incentives and free agency, and as others said less people want to go to a team that was shit. 

truly tanking is for the worst 4-5 teams in the league desperate for a crumb of hope to save the franchise, regardless of who catches the downfall.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Mims doesn't make their top 5 OTs

IMG_20240222_011456.jpg

I'm not really surprised... Mims really hasn't played a lot. In contrast, the other guys all have been multi-year starters, so there's more to evaluate.

Not saying Mims won't be great - time will tell - but he's more of a projection, and given his relative inexperience, more of a "project."

11 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Bowers fell to 18, the Bengals would literally wet themselves. 

I think he would win ROY and have like 12 TDs and commentators wound say: "How did 17 teams let him reach the Bengals to be paired with Chase and Higgins." 

It reminds me of when Randy Moss went with pick #21 or Justin Jefferson with pick #22.

Sometimes productive offensive firepower slides in favor of big edge or line guys with "potential", who don't do jack shit in the league. 

My BJ's Dozen
(Top 12 players in the Entire Draft)

1. Marvin Harrison Jr.,  WR

2. Joe Alt,  OT

3. Malik Nabers,  WR

4. Brock Bowers,  TE

5. Rome Odunze,  WR

6. Byron Murphy,  DT

7. Olumuyiwa Fashanu,  OT

8. Jared Verse,  DE

9. Cooper DeJean,  DB

10. Jackson Powers-Johnson,  IOL

11. Ennis Rakestraw,  CB

12. JJ McCarthy,  QB

* What's nice is that the run on QBs means the Bengals will likely have a chance to get one of these guys.

39 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Going to be interesting to see if Rome gets within striking range. Such a strong receiver class. Have to get that Tee replacement on day 1 or day 2.

19 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Cooper DeJean could also play FS ... Then move Battle to SS ... And Dax to CB ... Since I think Dax's best position is really Nickelback, but Hilton is there. 

I like  where you positioned but doubt thr team will play musical chairs this year.