Super Bowl LVIII – who to root for?

Super Bowl LVIII  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather see win Super Bowl LVIII ?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

Reasons for Bengals fans to root for the Chiefs 

- Burrow would still be the only active QB to beat Mahomes in the playoffs  (helps his legend) 

- A Chiefs dynasty elevates Burrow's mystique if he usually beats them  (3-1)

- The 49ers beat the Bengals in two Super Bowls in 1982 & 1988  (revenge factor)

- Might get more of a SB hangover for KC next season if they win

- Mahomes has always paid homage and respect to Burrow 

- When Burrow got injured, Chiefs fans donated to Burrow's foundation

- Travis Kelce played for Cincinnati Bearcats

Reasons for Bengals fans to root for the 49ers

- Nick Bosa is a very good friend of Burrow 

- Ja'Marr Chase wants the Chiefs to lose

- Kelce talked shit: "Burrowhead my ass"

- Might lessen the Swiftiepalooza spectacle from the luxury box 

- Mahomes losing might damage his confidence and make him less formidable

- Tired of seeing the Chiefs win all the time (new blood). 

Any other reasons I am missing ???

So who are you rooting for and why? 

• Like 2

• BlackJesus changed the title to Super Bowl LVIII – who to root for?
4 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Reasons for Bengals fans to root for the Chiefs 

- Burrow would still be the only active QB to beat Mahomes in the playoffs  (helps his legend) 

- A Chiefs dynasty elevates Burrow's mystique if he usually beats them

- The 49ers beat the Bengals in two Super Bowls in 1982 & 1988  (revenge factor)

- Might get more of a SB hangover for KC next season if they win

- Mahomes has always paid homage and respect to Burrow 

- When Burrow got injured, Chiefs fans donated to Burrow's foundation

- Travis Kelce played for Cincinnati Bearcats

Reasons for Bengals fans to root for the 49ers

- Nick Bosa is a very good friend of Burrow 

- Ja'Marr Chase wants the Chiefs to lose

- Kelce talked shit: "Burrowhead my ass"

- Might lessen the Swiftiepalooza spectacle from the luxury box 

- Mahomes losing might damage his confidence and make him less formidable

Any other reasons I am missing ???

So who are you rooting for and why? 

Chiefs.

I can't stand San Francisco..

• Upvote 2

Neither. A great chasm could open up and swallow both teams whole, for all I care. Normally we make a big deal of the Super Bowl at our house. We indulge in lots of salty snacks and dips, but my son is going to be out of the country and I probably won’t even watch it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

Neither. A great chasm could open up and swallow both teams whole, for all I care. Normally we make a big deal of the Super Bowl at our house. We indulge in lots of salty snacks and dips, but my son is going to be out of the country and I probably won’t even watch it.

Hubby no watch?

I'm with Shebengal on the "neither" option.  However, I will prolly watch and I have dislike for both teams, but having to pick one, I'd rather the 49ers win.  Agree on BJ's pro's/con's list and just a slight edge to the 49ers.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Hubby no watch?

He very well may not. But he might with the Taylor Swift connection. Or he may jump back and forth between that and Marc Levin. 

If he does, I may sit in the room and do something else and casually look up occasionally. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

He very well may not. But he might with the Taylor Swift connection. Or he may jump back and forth between that and Marc Levin. 

If he does, I may sit in the room and do something else and casually look up occasionally. 

If so inclined, think of it as being the last chance until August to even seeing practice (aka Preseason) games. 

I am in the middle of “proper football” (as my English mates call it) season—and it won’t conclude until late May. Then the Crew. Then back to proper football in August. Never an off-season! 

• Like 1

I'm not "for" either team, but here are the reasons I'm against the Chiefs more than I'm against the 49ers:

• Mahomes - I'd rather he not be in the conversation with the all time greats, his helmet is comically large and sits way too far up on his head and is distracting, he has an annoying voice, and he throws fits when things don't go his way.
  • Kelce
  • Kelce's goofy-acting girlfriend
  • Nobody in the 49ers organization had anything to do with XVI or XXIII, so I've let go of that grudge.
  • Purdy seems like a nice fella.
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Nobody in the 49ers organization had anything to do with XVI or XXIII, so I've let go of that grudge.

However Denise York (DeBartolo) by way of Jed York, still hangs around the fringes of the 49ers. That’s enough of the mobster odor to give it a continuing feel of the ‘80’s 

• Upvote 1

Easy call for me.

SFF

This would give them 6 rings, drawing them even with NEP and the bandwagon, helping to shut the yinzer's mouths and setting up another team to pull past them down the road.

Plus, I'm getting burned out on Taylor Swift, the resurgence of coverage of the Mahomes Family miscreants, and it'll start to ebb the number of commercials we have to watch with Mr Swift and/or Kermit in it. It's already too much, it needs to end. A KCC victory will only make everything in this paragraph worse and even more insufferable.

• Upvote 1

Nothing is ever going to shut the Yinzers traps…even if some franchise gets 10 rings. They will just say “we did it first!”. 

Likely, State Farm or Subway or whatever other corporation is already tethered to Kermit Kelce-Swift for at least another full year regardless of what happens Sunday. And, for probably sound reasoning, they will continue to be a better eyeball draw on the telly as opposed to Brock Purdy. Heck, even St Joseph can’t get close to their draw. 

For me, it’s still (and in reality) “don’t care”. But this is slightly flavored with my intrinsic dislike for anything Bay Area related. I do love NoCal…but that would be WAY farther up NoCal. Have no thoughts plus or minus as to KC and western MO. But I do really love Las Vegas, so hopefully the area comes out with a big plum of an event. 

Otherwise, just one last American football game of the season and then 

image.gif.a3d8e16ad42e71a1aab445f904677e35.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It really doesn't matter to me. I'll have it on in the background, beyond that, meh. 

I do hope there are a number of questionable calls that affects the game in a negative way and overshadows either teams glory. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Nothing is ever going to shut the Yinzers traps…even if some franchise gets 10 rings. They will just say “we did it first!”. 

Likely, State Farm or Subway or whatever other corporation is already tethered to Kermit Kelce-Swift for at least another full year regardless of what happens Sunday. And, for probably sound reasoning, they will continue to be a better eyeball draw on the telly as opposed to Brock Purdy. Heck, even St Joseph can’t get close to their draw. 

For me, it’s still (and in reality) “don’t care”. But this is slightly flavored with my intrinsic dislike for anything Bay Area related. I do love NoCal…but that would be WAY farther up NoCal. Have no thoughts plus or minus as to KC and western MO.

Well, I guess one of us has to be wrong.

Glad you volunteered for it to be you.  :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Well, I guess one of us has to be wrong.

Glad you volunteered for it to be you.  :)

Wrong about what? Never said a word about preference. 

But, to muddy that a bit more: I did like John Brodie when I was a wee lad, and thought Kezar Stadium was a great-looking stadium...especially when Harry Callahan did his unconstitutional deed:

image.png.80ff453186d0706c636943b62a54f446.png

So...just for Harry and Kezar Stadium, I will lean towards SF. But wait, they aren't even in SF--they are in Santa Clara...which is close to San Jose. I can't stand the Sharks, so I changed my mind. 

Go nobody!