On 2/24/2024 at 10:01 AM, MichaelWeston said:

According to PFF he pas blocked 8 times and had a grade of 26.7. About as low as you can get

yeah i didnt think it was much if any.... LOL  I have seen alot of "mixon sucks at pass blocking so he has to go..."  and they want to replace Mixon with that..  i say that,  because if you cut mixon,  thats who you will have.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stryker57 said:

yeah i didnt think it was much if any.... LOL  I have seen alot of "mixon sucks at pass blocking so he has to go..."  and they want to replace Mixon with that..  i say that,  because if you cut mixon,  thats who you will have.   

Eh, the team didn't keep Mixon in to block on passing plays because he sucked at it. They sent him out on routes with Sample sometimes doing the backfield blocking. That's why Mixon had a decent number of receptions. Brown is more explosive than Mixon and he could certainly do that much. 

I have always been amazed at the Logan’s Run-style fear of “old” players at 30. I mean, does the player suddenly shrivel up like the Wicked Witch of the West at midnight of their 29th year..or head off to Carousel? 

I found this compilation of “old” players—who were still Pro Bowlers long after the erstwhile 30-year expiration date interesting

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/7/23/18700752/nfl-best-season-oldest-players-by-position

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I have always been amazed at the Logan’s Run-style fear of “old” players at 30. I mean, does the player suddenly shrivel up like the Wicked Witch of the West at midnight of their 29th year..or head off to Carousel? 

I found this compilation of “old” players—who were still Pro Bowlers long after the erstwhile 30-year expiration date interesting

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/7/23/18700752/nfl-best-season-oldest-players-by-position

It's crazy. They could just renew on Carousel. Now they're finished forever. Why do they run?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alot of twitter is freaking out about DT being such a big hole and us not signing anyone. Once again I think it's just patience. The contracts signed, other than Malcolm Roach have been dumb. We are looking for what essentially is a player in a 3 man rotation of Hill-Rookie-Free Agent. There are a dozen guys left who can do that well. 

There are some guys who can play nose....but no one anywhere close to Reader. I hope he never gets on the plane to Detroit. 

3Ts available

1-Armstead

2-Rankins

3-Joseph-Day

4-Hand-Dolphins

5-Watts-Stealers

6-Tillery

7-Urban

8-Butler-Raiders

9-Poona Ford

10-Taven Bryan

11-DeShawn Williams

Nose

1-John Jenkins

2-Tart

3-Mone

4-Purcell

• Upvote 1

I would have just paid A'Shawn Robinson what he got from the Panthers. 7.5 mil on a 3 year deal. He's a good run stopper, doesn't provide much pass rush. 

If we'd signed him and Eluemunor, we'd be ready to go for the draft. Bring back some of the depth guys like Bailey and Irwin and Wilcox and Scharping and Tupou. They'll be cheap, close to min.

Then the draft would be open for us. Or we could trade Tee and picks for JJ, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I would have just paid A'Shawn Robinson what he got from the Panthers. 7.5 mil on a 3 year deal. He's a good run stopper, doesn't provide much pass rush. 

If we'd signed him and Eluemunor, we'd be ready to go for the draft. Bring back some of the depth guys like Bailey and Irwin and Wilcox and Scharping and Tupou. They'll be cheap, close to min.

Then the draft would be open for us. Or we could trade Tee and picks for JJ, etc. 

How would you feel about Nijman and Adam Butler? That's probably where we end up. Keep Reader...Draft a RT Rd 1, DT Rd 2

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I wont be shocked if they give Becton a "prove-it" deal

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

How would you feel about Nijman and Adam Butler? That's probably where we end up. Keep Reader...Draft a RT Rd 1, DT Rd 2

I don't know much about Butler. Nijman has played mostly LT when Bakhtiari is out. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

“Although there is value in having experienced depth, Nijman had two opportunities last season to earn the starting snaps outright and failed to do so. It somewhat feels like the writing is on the wall when it comes to his time in Green Bay.

With 13 pressures allowed in only 157 pass-blocking snaps, Nijman ranked 88th out of 135 eligible tackles in PFF’s pass-blocking efficiency metric. He ranked 75th in run-blocking grade. In short, Nijman was far more inconsistent than what the team was hoping for in their fourth-year tackle.”

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/re-sign-or-let-go-and-prediction-packers-free-agent-ot-yosh-nijman/

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

…In short, Nijman was far more inconsistent than what the team was hoping for in their fourth-year tackle.”

He obviously just needs someone like Frank Pollack to coach him.  🥷

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I never thought Tupou was a bad backup for Reader.

I could see a re-signing with him.

Backup only ..

If they don't sign Reader Armstead or similar type then they

should draft T. Sweat of Texas.

Interior run stuffer and immoveable force..

Frees up Hill to fire off.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I never thought Tupou was a bad backup for Reader.

I could see a re-signing with him.

Backup only ..

If they don't sign Reader Armstead or similar type then they

should draft T. Sweat of Texas.

Interior run stuffer and immoveable force..

Frees up Hill to fire off.

They should draft Sweat either way. Reader and Armstead both older guys. Get Sweat for the long term.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I wont be shocked if they give Becton a "prove-it" deal

To be blunt.

Becton is a lazy fat ass thats never shown the desire to do anything more than collect a paycheck.

Jets are sick of him...

• Upvote 1