23 minutes ago, JC said:

I mean Teair Tart and Sheldon Rankins are the same size. Rankins has plenty of A gap experience. I’m pretty sure Rankins was signed to take the majority of the snaps in the A gap for the team this year.

Rankins is more known for his gap penetration than his run stopping, he's the Larry Ogunjobi type we've been missing. They even said Larry's name in the press conference.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

And those monikers are coming from a media hack, and not teammates or coaches 

I think I read that his teammates love the guy...on and off the field.

He's young.. very spirited. 

(God forbid that anymore)..

Big Boy has red flags I get it.

Id still pull the trigger on him in 

round 2.....

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Rankins is more known for his gap penetration than his run stopping, he's the Larry Ogunjobi type we've been missing. They even said Larry's name in the press conference.

BJ Hill and Sheldon Rankins are both making $10M+ to play defensive tackle for this team. They aren’t splitting those snaps 50/50. They are going to be on the field at the same time the majority of the snaps. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Party Animal is one thing, class clown is not a negative, you can be a class clown and still take your job seriously.

He was a 3rd rounder at best before any of the shenanigans. 

48 minutes ago, JC said:

BJ Hill and Sheldon Rankins are both making $10M+ to play defensive tackle for this team. They aren’t splitting those snaps 50/50. They are going to be on the field at the same time the majority of the snaps. 

Sure now that Reader is gone even if they draft a rookie NT he wont push a guy for a starting spot, but the Bengals paid more than they wanted to as we know they got in a bidding war for Rankins. All I am saying here is that if a NT is there at a spot they like, don't be surprised if they draft one.

• Like 2

Just now, claptonrocks said:

By who? You?

Depending on the mock you look at he was either a 2nd or 3rd.

Sporting News has him going to the Dolphins in the 2nd in their mock they did today.

NFL Mock Draft 2024: Complete 7-round edition features five first-round QBs, including J.J. McCarthy & Bo Nix | Sporting News

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

That's a terrible mock for the Bengals. 

The Bengals picks from the aforementioned Sporting News 7 round Mock ...

18. Cincinnati Bengals (9-8)

• J.C. Latham, OT, Alabama (6-6, 342 pounds)

The Bengals moved on from Jonah Williams and Orlando Brown Jr. didn't come through as expected, so going for Latham to protect Joe Burrow is smart.

49. Cincinnati Bengals

• Mike Sainristil, CB, Michigan (5-8, 182 pounds)

The Bengals didn't re-sign Chidobe Awuzie, but they should be OK trying to replace him by getting the former Wolverines teammate of other starter D.J. Turner.

80. Cincinnati Bengals

• Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas (6-4, 245 pounds)

The Bengals did re-sign Drew Sample and add Mike Gesicki to their tight end room, but they still need more athletic, nside pass-catching options with Tyler Boyd not re-signed. Sanders has loads of potential as a short-to-intermediate target.

97. Cincinnati Bengals (compensatory)

•  Jamari Thrash, WR, Louisville (6-0, 188 pounds)

The Bengals should think about adding this pass-catcher with some dangerous big-play skills to help replace Tyler Boyd directly after taking a tight end shot on Ja'Tavion Sanders.

115. Cincinnati Bengals

• Cole Bishop, S, Utah (6-2, 206 pounds)

149. Cincinnati Bengals

• Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State (6-3, 241 pounds)

194. Cincinnati Bengals

• Myles Murphy, DT, North Carolina (6-4, 309 pounds)

214. Cincinnati Bengals (compensatory)

• Michael Wiley, RB, Arizona (5-10, 210 pounds)

224. Cincinnati Bengals (from Cardinals through Texans)

• Jaxon Janke, WR, South Dakota State (6-2, 210 pounds)

237. Cincinnati Bengals

• Evan Anderson, DT, FAU (6-3, 326 pounds)
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The Bengals moved on from Jonah Williams and Orlando Brown Jr. didn't come through as expected, so going for Latham to protect Joe Burrow is smart.

49. Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals didn't re-sign Chidobe Awuzie, but they should be OK trying to replace him by getting the former Wolverines teammate of other starter D.J. Turner.

80. Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals did re-sign Drew Sample and add Mike Gesicki to their tight end room, but they still need more athletic, nside pass-catching options with Tyler Boyd not re-signed. Sanders has loads of potential as a short-to-intermediate target.

The Bengals should think about adding this pass-catcher with some dangerous big-play skills to help replace Tyler Boyd directly after taking a tight end shot on Ja'Tavion Sanders.

115. Cincinnati Bengals

149. Cincinnati Bengals

194. Cincinnati Bengals

237. Cincinnati Bengals

basura ....no way they Bengals draft 2 TEs....the sporting news should just stop doing this pointless exercise as it's just embarrassing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

49. Cincinnati Bengals

80. Cincinnati Bengals

115. Cincinnati Bengals

149. Cincinnati Bengals

194. Cincinnati Bengals

237. Cincinnati Bengals

👎....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Guys like him are just easy to slot is all. The league has always been “skeptical” of fat guys, it’s nothing new. 

But he's not just a fat guy, he's a guy that moves really well at that size.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 8:13 PM, Le Tigre said:

“Old” players are never worth more than League minimum. And only for 1-year deals. 

Or something like that I read somewhere. 

I hope they would take a look at Fletcher Cox.  I know they are waiting to see how the draft falls before deciding on another Free Agent (probably leaning towards Teair Tart, but I'd rather have Cox, who is still playing at an above league-average level, which is better than all but one of our current DT's).

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JC said:

Did they? Because judging from the guy who runs DJ’s charity events - the offer was “disrespectful” and they could have very easily allocated the Rankins money to bringing DJ back instead. They also let Tart leave without an offer. Maybe they have a plan - but as of right now I can’t see it being anything that involves an A gap player outside of Murphy and Murphy being there is dicey at best.

I think there’s a chance they could pursue a guy who gets dropped prior to training camp - but would be shocked if two more bodies aren’t added to the room in the draft. It reeks of them either adjusting scheme and running a wider alignment to counter browns wide zone/Lamar or Rankins running the A gap.

I think letting Tart leave without signing him is because they are targeting a few DT's in the draft for either the 1st or 2nd Round, and if they get one of them, then they don't add another DT.  If the first two rounds go by and they don't get a DT, I think they then hit FA one more time and try to get Tart (hopefully Cox, instead).

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

I think letting Tart leave without signing him is because they are targeting a few DT's in the draft for either the 1st or 2nd Round, and if they get one of them, then they don't add another DT.  If the first two rounds go by and they don't get a DT, I think they then hit FA one more time and try to get Tart (hopefully Cox, instead).

Tart signed with Miami. Sounds like he wasn’t a fit in Cincinnati. 

• Upvote 1