Tee Higgins requests a trade !

21 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The Bengals haven't had any conversations about extending Higgins in over a year but somehow it's Tee and his greedy agents' fault...make it make sense.

Well, that was pretty much self inflicted since it was Tee's camp (agent) that said they wouldn't negotiate in-season and now wanting to cash in on guarantees after a pretty injury riddled season.

I'm not blaming Tee but this has been a two way street all along.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Btw..do you anything about Lost?

Wondering what happened to him.

I'm not 100% sure. He got in an argument with someone on here and quit the board. He's always been a bit of a hot tempered dude. He's the only message board member I ever met in person. I've probably "known" him for 15+ years. He's still kicking around as I saw his Twitter is still active so, he's OK I am guessing just no longer here. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

after a pretty injury riddled season.

Which is likely playing in to the Bengals thinking. Are they getting "healthy Tee" or "flimsy hamstring Tee"? 

The injured Tee of last season wouldn't even be worth 21 million. Much less, multiple years at 25. 

• Upvote 1

Tee is a free agent. He can speak with any team he wants and ask them what they are willing to pay him. If he finds an offer he likes, he can then ask the team what they would give in trade to the Bengals for him. Then take it back to Tobin. It may be that no team will meet his contract demands or they prefer to draft a cheaper rookie. 

But there should be a team with cap space and a need at WR. Bears, Titans, Giants, and Patriots would fit the bill. One of them could trade for him if they wished. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Which is likely playing in to the Bengals thinking. Are they getting "healthy Tee" or "flimsy hamstring Tee"? 

The injured Tee of last season wouldn't even be worth 21 million. Much less, multiple years at 25. 

A-C Alert #1! 

Progressing to: “He can’t stay healthy…like Joe” 😁

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

A-C Alert #1! 

Progressing to: “He can’t stay healthy…like Joe” 😁

Something being predictive doesn't make it inaccurate. 😉

Sports are not the arena for suspending emotion. 🤓 Hell, I might be photoshopping Tee's agents head on Osama Bin Laden's body by this weekend, if he keeps this shit up. (he's Eritrean, but that's geographically close enough to Saudi Arabia). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Since there is a salary cap and requirement that every team spend 90% of it, it isn't as if the owners get to keep more money personally by not paying certain players more. 

Hold up, when have the Bengals been at or near 90% of the salary cap?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Since there is a salary cap and requirement that every team spend 90% of it, it isn't as if the owners get to keep more money personally by not paying certain players more. 

I would rather see the Drew Samples of the NFL get 4 million instead of 3, than a few average QBs all get 50 million and WR/DE all get 35. 

An irrational free agent bidding war is bad for the second tier players as it causes the first tier to hoard all the cap. That's likely why the other players wouldn't even vote to get rid of the cap if they had the chance. As it helps them. 

The owners of the NFL created a salary cap, it's not mandated by law...if they wanted to pay the players more they could easily do that. They are making billions in net revenue every year, they have the extra money to spend but they choose not to.

If anyone is greedy in the scenario it's the NFL, it's a collection of greedy organizations that want to maximize their profits while paying the labor as little as possible while capping the salaries of its employees, they don't cap their earnings but they cap their salaries..you see what I'm saying. 

Drew Sample is going to get what he can negotiate for, just like any other player in the NFL...Tee Higgins taking less money isn't going to make the Bengals pay Drew Sample more. Also, I don't recall you saying anything about the Drew Samples of the world when Joe Burrow signed for over a quarter of a billion dollars...

19 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ This isn't just a battle between Tee vs Mike Brown (labor vs owner) ... But between Tee vs Boyd themselves etc (labor vs labor)

With a salary cap pie, more of the slice for one, means less for another. 

I don't follow your logic on this one as it's been reported that Boyd will not be back and he knew that going into the season this was his last year in Cincy, meanwhile the franchise QB said he wanted Tee to come back. 

The pie was created by the team owners and they could do away with the salary cap as that was created in a different era, when they weren't making billions of dollars in media deals on top of their other revenue streams. 

Also, it what company do lower performing employees make more money than high performing ones...you're whole argument is flawed...

image.png.8c62376de93c3660c0b326ec0e5bb73e.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Most years. The cap last year was around 225 mil and the Bengals were only 10 mil under at year's end. 

Then how are they reportedly $50-60M under even after franchising Tee? Last chart I saw claimed they had the 5th most cap space of any team. That's not $10M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dautcom08 said:

Well, that was pretty much self inflicted since it was Tee's camp (agent) that said they wouldn't negotiate in-season and now wanting to cash in on guarantees after a pretty injury riddled season.

I'm not blaming Tee but this has been a two way street all along.

It's been reported for decades tha Bengals don't negotiate in-season, not sure where you heard that it was Tee that closed off communication...besides the Bengals season has been over for 60 days now...plenty of time to reach out if they wanted to talk. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

They're currently 50 mil under for 2024. Patience, grasshopper. They have plenty of holes to fill and plenty of money to do it. 

Unless the cap went up to $500M that doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Unless the cap went up to $500M that doesn't make sense.

Not sure what you are missing. 

With the money they carried over from last year added to this year's cap, they can spend up to $265 mil this season. They currently have 217 mil committed, leaving them 48 mil available to spend. These numbers don't include today's free agent deals which can't be officially signed or submitted until Wednesday.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cincinnati-bengals

• Upvote 1

He is not worth that amount of money, even for the Tag.  I don't care what players are getting.  Reason, I send you to KC WRs and look at what they are being paid.  Their Top WR in Scantling was only making $10M per year and he was and is horrible, and they released him.  LOL   I wonder how they panned out.  Their Top WR now is only getting $3.4M per year.  They don't have the CAP space to go after Tee and guess what, they don't need him to win.  I will get bashed for this post but, to each his and her own.  I say this to Tee...  

Michael Biehn Wtf GIF by GritTV

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Griever said:

Can't both left and right be shit bags?

If I ever need an agent he would be on the top of my list.  He is great at getting his players paid. That is his only job. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Griever said:

More perspective (not my own mind you, just posting for visibility) on the Tee situation

The Bengals are not being forced to do anything.  They own his rights.  Period.  If he holds out he not only doesn’t get paid but is also fined.  If he sits a year, he will wake up next March still a member of the Bengals.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

He is not worth that amount of money, even for the Tag.  I don't care what players are getting.  Reason, I send you to KC WRs and look at what they are being paid.  Their Top WR in Scantling was only making $10M per year and he was and is horrible, and they released him.  LOL   I wonder how they panned out.  Their Top WR now is only getting $3.4M per year.  They don't have the CAP space to go after Tee and guess what, they don't need him to win.  I will get bashed for this post but, to each his and her own.  I say this to Tee...  

Higgins has zero power to force a trade.  His rights belong exclusively to the Bengals on the tag the player’s union agreed to.  He sits out he doesn’t get paid AND is fined per the Union agreed upon rules. 

• Upvote 2

as much as it may be the tactic of this agent, Tee is still the person that has the end all power of that deal,  i truly understand wanting the most generation changing money he can get,  however, there is no "demand " to be traded, if he wants to be traded then go find a team that is willing to not only give you what you want from the bengals but to also step up and give away the draft pick for him .    the bengals also have the right to decide if he gets traded,   if Tee was smart he should negotiate a one year deal for the near tag amount (guaranteed)but  not allow the bengals to tag him next year. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

They also have one of the best QBs ever, so yeah...there's that...Mahomes is in a league of his own, I don't even like the guy but he's the best in the business right now...and he has a HOF TE..

• Upvote 2