Tee Higgins requests a trade !

^ "Taking any L's" ... "Secure the bag" ... "Same energy" 🙄

I'm sure Mulugheta is an obnoxious bastard to negotiate with. Mike Brown probably already called INS immigration to check on his status. :ninja:

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ "Taking any L's" ... "Secure the bag" ... "Same energy" 🙄

I'm sure Mulugheta is an obnoxious bastard to negotiate with. Mike Brown probably already called INS immigration to check on his status. :ninja:

😂 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Gotta agree here that signing was a disgrace 

At least it borderline crippled them.. & then they had to ride with Flacco.  IDK if that's justice exactly but it's something.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

The salary cap is what keeps the NFL the most popular sport in the US, because their attempts to create parity give every fan base irrational hope that they could win it any given year. Look at the MLB and their ratings, for what happens when you don't have a salary cap. 

This is ridiculous, the salary cap is not what keeps the NFL the most popular sport in the US...lol....noone watches the NFL for the salary cap....it's watching some of the best athletes in the world commit acts of controlled violence while doing choreographed dance moves, that's why it's the most popular sport. Also, only half of the teams go into the season with the hope of winning it all...do you think the Panthers, Patriots, Broncos, Commanders, Bears, Vikings, Cardinals, Colts, Raiders, Titans, and Giants fans think they are going to win the Super Bowl this year? The salary cap doesn't create parity, revenue sharing creates parity. Other sports have parity and they are able to spend over the salary cap. The MLB ratings are down because the game is too slow, which is why they are implementing changes to speed it up. Also, the Yankees and Mets spend over the cap every year and rarely win the World Series, so yeah..that argument is not based on facts.

I'm no fan of corporations exploiting their workers, but we are not talking about kids in Bangladesh sewing luxury clothes for 10 cents an hour. We are talking about guys in some cases making a million dollars every week (in season), for playing a 60 minute game. The average amount an American might make in their entire lifetime. So forgive me if I'm not ready to storm the barricades on behalf of the 'proletariat' players signing 100 million dollar guaranteed contacts. 🙄 

NFL players are not average Americans, they are the top 1% of all the people in their profession so that's why they make more money than the average American. No one is asking you to storm the barricades, you are being unnecessarily dramatic, it's just calling an athlete and his agent greedy pieces of shit because he wants to maximize the one opportunity he has had to make the most money he can to take care of him, his family, and future generations is what is confusing and clown behavior. You say you are no fan of corporations exploiting their workers, but if the workers make more money than you then it's ok for them to be exploited...got it...that makes sense..🙄

Plus the NFL has to give a set percentage of revenue to the players per their union contact. This is why the cap went up by 30 million. So it isn't "capped". As the league makes more, the players make more proportionally. 

The salaries are capped, just because it's increasing every year doesn't mean it not capped....this is a pretty simple concept, and once again not following your logic on this one. If Social Security payments have a cost of living adjustment does that mean it's not capped, of course it is. The amount of money that every NFL team can spend on player's salaries is capped every year, the number is publically reported as well. 

Burrow took the market rate and just a little above the last QB before him. He didn't hold out, or request a trade, or try to get everything he could. He had huge leverage to demand more if he wanted to.

Burrow didn't have to hold out because the Bengals offered him the market rate for the top salary at his position, when he signed his deal he was the highest-paid player at his position. That was not the case for Tee Higgins, at no point did the Bengals make him an offer to be one of the highest-paid players at his position. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison. Also, why shouldn't Tee try to get everything he can on this contract? He's not guaranteed another opportunity to do so and the fact that you're holding that against him is weird and hypocritical. Do you not try to make as money as you can at your job or are you fine with being paid less so someone else can get paid as well, no in this 

But I am concerned that QB contracts are getting too high compared to other players on the team. You now have a situation where QBs might be making 50x the amount of an OL playing for the league minimum blocking for them. To me that's not a healthy recipe for a team where guys are expected to put their bodies on the line for each other. i.e. "I do all the blocking and someone else gets most the pay". 

Once again, the owners are deciding who gets paid what, so I wouldn't expect QBs to take less, the owners need to pay more. If they want to protect their investments they will do that, the Eagles just paid their LG $87 million, so some forward-thinking owners are doing just that...not the Bengals, but some owners are. 

So in your quest to "fight the power" of the owners, you are advocating giving more of the pie to the top 3 guys on each team (the board of directors) over the ones who make them look good by blocking for them, tackling on special teams, and putting their bodies on the line for 25x less money. 

No, that's not what I'm saying at all...I'm saying teams can spend more money on salaries, I thought I was pretty clear on that. The MLB and NBA both have salary caps, but they allow the teams to spend over the cap if they want to and pay a luxury tax. Meanwhile, the NFL is the only major sports league that doesn't allow their franchises to spend over the arbitrarily set salary cap, but they have the highest profits of all the major sports leagues in the country. 

In 2022, the National Football League (NFL) generated $18.6 billion in revenue from all 32 teams. This is the highest amount the NFL has ever earned, they can easily increase the salary cap but that would cut into their profits and they are willing to do that. That is greed, they can easily afford to spend $100 million more per team on salaries but they don't want to.

So yeah, continue to call Tee Higgins and his agent greedy pieces of shit because they are fighting for crumbs while the players sacrifice their bodies for your entertainment and make billionaires more money. 

13 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I suppose the question begs: why would the moribund/broke CAR turn around and give their premium 2nd rounder to the Bengals…knowing they are going to easily have to pay that same $30 bills? 

Just not seeing it. 

They aren't going to give Tee 30 mil per. But they need to give Bryce Young a chance and Tee helps there compared to taking a rookie WR. Those have a high bust rate and even the ones who succeed usually take 2 or 3 years to get going.

Alternatively, the Bengals could ask for a player in the trade, say Derrick Brown. Likewise with other teams. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

So yeah, continue to call Tee Higgins and his agent greedy pieces of shit because they are fighting for crumbs while the players sacrifice their bodies for your entertainment and make billionaires more money. 

IMO, you diminish the power of your whole post by characterizing trying to get more than $22 million as “fighting for crumbs”.  

But maybe that’s just me. :shrug: 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Cricket said:

IMO, you diminish the power of your whole post by characterizing trying to get more than $22 million as “fighting for crumbs”.  

But maybe that’s just me. :shrug: 

According to Forbes, the Cincinnati Bengals' revenue in 2023 is $498 million and based on the increase in the salary cap the 2024 revenue will be even higher, so $22 million is %4 of the annual revenue...or crumbs. 

The Bengals don't have to pay him, but that doesn't mean he should not get what he deserves, which is a long-term deal at market value, which is around $22 million a year. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

According to Forbes, the Cincinnati Bengals' revenue in 2023 is $498 million and based on the increase in the salary cap the 2024 revenue will be even higher, so $22 million is %4 of the annual revenue...or crumbs. 

The Bengals don't have to pay him, but that doesn't mean he should not get what he deserves, which is a long-term deal at market value, which is around $22 million a year. 

There are people in the world starving, or nearly so, and many more struggling to put food on the table. “Fighting for crumbs” was a poor choice of words to describe someone in a worse-case position to make $21.8 million. That’s my opinion, and I will stand by that opinion.   🦗

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 3/11/2024 at 11:17 PM, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20240312_041423.jpg

giphy (1).gif

He isn't wrong.  Players hire this guy to get every last dollar.  That's his thing.  If you want to blame anyone, blame the players.  They know what they are doing when they hire this guy.

That said, I don't blame anyone here.  It's business.  As long as Higgins doesn't start whining or dogging it, it's all good.  Good luck down the road.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 1:09 PM, PatternMaster said:

yep and after he gets paid he'll be one of them crying cause he had to pay 5 mil of his 22 mil and have to live off of a meager 17 mil next year .  unlike the rest of us that win by only paying 10k of our 80k income and manage to survive on $70k  ,   so yes get what you can, but for now the bengals possess his playing rights , and they paid 22 mil for that right, so the demands fall on deaf ears here. 

here's an idea go out, convince a team to give you the contract you want and then trade for the right to sign it,

i believe that option is open for Tee and the megadollar agent .

so sit do nothing and get nothing

or the agent can go earn his pay.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/11/2024 at 7:25 PM, PatternMaster said:

They also have one of the best QBs ever, so yeah...there's that...Mahomes is in a league of his own, I don't even like the guy but he's the best in the business right now...and he has a HOF TE..

Yea but not even having one good WR is a shocker.

• Upvote 1