Justin Jefferson Watch ???

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Jefferson is definitely going to be a Bengal, the Bengals will trade Tee Higgins for him on draft day...watch..

The Bengals cannot/will not pay both Chase/Jefferson. They (apparently) cannot/will not pay Chase/Higgins, so what makes you think they would pay Jefferson the kind of guaranteed money that would be required to get him signed long term? I'm not even convinced they will be able to sign just Chase to a long term extension, but I hope they prove me wrong on that.

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2024 at 5:33 PM, BlackJesus said:

Or they are both waiting to be reunited where they will take pay cuts together 🤔

IMG_20240404_233201.jpg

yea he said this a while ago, not sure why there were so many articles from hacks saying it was worrisome they havent negotiated yet. i saw at least 5 articles with titles roughly stating "bengals fans should be worried" sort of thing.

• Upvote 1

because it doesnt matter if its true or not.  if enough repeat it , it becomes news.

its all opinions and of course .... undisclosed sources... 

so simply put, they get paid to put out stories,

when they have nothing to say, they dont get paid.  

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 10:25 AM, dex said:

The Bengals cannot/will not pay both Chase/Jefferson. They (apparently) cannot/will not pay Chase/Higgins, so what makes you think they would pay Jefferson the kind of guaranteed money that would be required to get him signed long term? I'm not even convinced they will be able to sign just Chase to a long term extension, but I hope they prove me wrong on that.

Because JJ,is not Higgins.JJ is the best wr in the NFL.Higgins is not.So maybe they would pay both of them.Especially,if they are both willing to take less,to play together.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stan said:

Because JJ,is not Higgins.JJ is the best wr in the NFL.Higgins is not.So maybe they would pay both of them.Especially,if they are both willing to take less,to play together.

"Take less to play together,"

A glitch..because that's not going to happen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

"Take less to play together,"

A glitch..because that's not going to happen.

Truth!  Now-a-days the love of the "bag" is stronger than any given team friendly deal

• Upvote 1

Jefferson doesn't owe the Bengals anything. He may well be happy to play with his college teammates again and the Bengals have a better chance of post-season play than the Vikings. But that doesn't mean he'll give them a discount. Ja'Marr might take a bit less than Jefferson but also might not want to be WR2. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Jefferson doesn't owe the Bengals anything. He may well be happy to play with his college teammates again and the Bengals have a better chance of post-season play than the Vikings. But that doesn't mean he'll give them a discount. Ja'Marr might take a bit less than Jefferson but also might not want to be WR2. 

Yeah.

I still say the only paycut you'll see from these two is a fraction of what the other gets.

Tyreek at 30mil?

Look for more or the same as Hill..

• Like 1

Jefferson will certainly get more than Hill is making. Chase probably will too. Financially it would make sense to trade Tee for fair value, give Uno his 32 mil per year deal, and use an early pick at WR. But that means another need is unaddressed and we're breaking in a rookie WR2. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I would not even make the trade,unless JJ,agrees to a contract,with the Bengals before they make the deal.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Jefferson will certainly get more than Hill is making. Chase probably will too. Financially it would make sense to trade Tee for fair value, give Uno his 32 mil per year deal, and use an early pick at WR. But that means another need is unaddressed and we're breaking in a rookie WR2. 

Iosivas is an athletic receiver with a little game experience now.

What's not to like about his limited production last season?

As you mentioned an early pick to add a WR as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

His limited production. 

I mean he was behind Chase, Higgins, and Boyd.

I'm fine with letting Yoshi, Jones, and Irwin battle it out for the 3 spot, if none or them produce then we know we need more than one WR early next draft, this one feels like there are bigger needs than who WR3 will be.

• Upvote 2

IMO we're ok at WR3. Even if Boyd goes elsewhere, we have Iosivas, Irwin, Jones, and Gesicki taking snaps from the slot. Dehner is convinced the Bengals will draft a WR in the top 97 picks. I wouldn't be surprised by it but also not too surprised if they don't. 

WR2 is a different story. We have Tee for 1 more year (and realistically could tag him for 2025 if need be). But that's not a long term solution. I'd say his market value is an early 2nd round pick from a team with cap space like the Patriots, Cardinals, Commanders, Panthers, or Titans.

Problem is that's unlikely to get us a Brian Thomas or AD Mitchell, who are the most comparable to Tee. We'd be in the range for a Ladd McConkey or Xavier Worthy unless KC grabs them in the first.

• Upvote 1