Vick Wanted Cincy

I thought I remembered hearing that Dungy thought Philly was the best destination back in the day when he signed. Maybe I'm just making things up, but I imagine Dungy probably had a hand in the decision.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1313691811' post='1017313']
Tampering by the commish... lovely.
[/quote]
Yeah but the reality is the Eagles were the best place for Vick as much as it makes me mad. Vick with Ocho and then TO would have been a bad mix me thinks. The Northern Kentucky cops would have had a contest to see who could cuff him first.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1313696659' post='1017350']
Yeah but the reality is the Eagles were the best place for Vick as much as it makes me mad. Vick with Ocho and then TO would have been a bad mix me thinks. The Northern Kentucky cops would have had a contest to see who could cuff him first.
[/quote]

Thats not my point though...

As much as it makes me laugh, the Commish should be an unbiased 3rd party.

However unlikely it is, there is still the possibility that Vick could be our starting QB this year and possibly leading us to the playoffs....

How many other things has the Commish been involved in that he shouldn't?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1313696867' post='1017351']

[/quote]

He probably introduced Rapelisburger to his new wife to help 'settle him down'. I heard he helped him shop for rings.

[/quote]

Yeah, because Ocho and TO are such social pariah's and lawbreakers :265:

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1313697252' post='1017355']

Yeah, because Ocho and TO are such social pariah's and lawbreakers :265:
[/quote]
Vick needed a strong coach and a team with DISCIPLINE. What lessons would he have learn watching Chad do what ever the hell he wanted?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1313696867' post='1017351']

Thats not my point though...

As much as it makes me laugh, the Commish should be an unbiased 3rd party.

However unlikely it is, there is still the possibility that Vick could be our starting QB this year and possibly leading us to the playoffs....

[/quote]
Totally agree but its Roger. Doesn't make it right but it is what it is.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1313684551' post='1017222']

What is Dungy's relationship with the people in Philly?
[/quote]
It was just Colins opinion. He thought dungy was like a unoffical spokes person for the nfl, he had reached out a helping hand to vick or vick reached out to dungy.He thinks dungy may have told him stay away from teams like the raiders,bills, and bengals.They are not your best fit.Philly has a good owner and coach and they might be able to coach him up and make a better nfl player out of him. Just Colins opinion.I really don't know about dungys relationship with the people of Philly, but i do know Goodell didn't even have to let Vick back in the league.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313624929' post='1016839']

isn't deadspin kind of like the Onion?

The "[i]would've allowed him to start" [/i]part pointed to it being fake to me.

fwiw, [b]the Bengals DID offer more per year money than Philly[/b] apparently, but Philly offered a 2yr deal
[/quote]

Do you have a source on that?

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1313701428' post='1017377']

Umm.. not really. no
[/quote]

Just think about it for a second.... at first you would be like "oh no, a human life!" but then after a while you would be all "looks like he tried to be an asshole to the wrong person." And then you would probly giggle and do a little, silent "fuck yeah" fist pump.

That is unless you're a liberal pussy.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1313701937' post='1017380']

Just think about it for a second.... at first you would be like "oh no, a human life!" but then after a while you would be all "looks like he tried to be an asshole to the wrong person." And then you would probly giggle and do a little, silent "fuck yeah" fist pump.

That is unless you're a liberal pussy.
[/quote]

I wouldn't give my next bowel movement for Goodell's life.. But I do know that his death would impact a great many people whom I have no quarrel with.

And you earn the right to call me a liberal pussy as soon as you show a willingness to put your life on the line for something you believe in.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1313702199' post='1017382']

I wouldn't give my next bowel movement for Goodell's life.. But I do know that his death would impact a great many people whom I have no quarrel with.

And you earn the right to call me a liberal pussy as soon as you show a willingness to put your life on the line for something you believe in.
[/quote]

How can I put my life on the line for CP? He is pretty much the only thing I believe in on this planet. He is my heroe.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1313702399' post='1017388']

How can I put my life on the line for CP? He is pretty much the only thing I believe in on this planet. He is my heroe.
[/quote]

You could risk dying trying to take out Harrel's competition in GB.. That would do it..

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1313702491' post='1017392']

You could risk dying trying to take out Harrel's competition in GB.. That would do it..
[/quote]

Harrell will take them out with his crisp passes and intense accuracy. And handsomeness. Matt Flynn doesn't have quality eyebrows.

[quote name='Chad' timestamp='1313718347' post='1017482']
Well if that is true, then the rumour of Palmer being told he would be traded last year may not be bs.
[/quote]

From page 1 of this thread ...

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1313630883' post='1016884']

The Bengals offered Vick a contract in 2009. Last year was 2010.

That is the dumbest damned rumor I have heard yet. No offense to you at all.
Because I have heard it before. Even the Lions announcers said something about it.

Why would Carson ask to be traded right after winning the division? Why would MB agree to it?
Do you really think MB would agree to it then reneg. And then not trade him after such a shitty season?
Then act like he was wronged by Carson?

It makes no sense what so ever.
[/quote]

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1313691641' post='1017311']
I thought I remembered hearing that Dungy thought Philly was the best destination back in the day when he signed. Maybe I'm just making things up, but I imagine Dungy probably had a hand in the decision.
[/quote]

IF dungy did it, fine. He was not employed by the NFL, or shouldn't have been at the time. Vick didn't say Tony, he said the NFL and the commish.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1313691811' post='1017313']
Tampering by the commish... lovely.
[/quote]

Exactly what it was. He should award Buffalo and Cincinnati an additional 4 1st round picks ahead everyone who finishes behind them, or Philly, if they wind up with a worse record then them. :)

[/quote]

Pure speculation on your part. Is Jackson any worse then Ocho. At least chad never held out.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1313698048' post='1017360']
Vick needed a strong coach and a team with DISCIPLINE. What lessons would he have learn watching Chad do what ever the hell he wanted?
[/quote]

Vick needed money and exposure. Success in Philly meant more money in the NFL and his pocket. Success in Cincy, not so much. If he would have tried Oakland, there wouldn't have been a peep.

[quote name='staticx682000' timestamp='1313698495' post='1017362']
It was just Colins opinion. He thought dungy was like a unoffical spokes person for the nfl, he had reached out a helping hand to vick or vick reached out to dungy.He thinks dungy may have told him stay away from teams like the raiders,bills, and bengals.They are not your best fit.Philly has a good owner and coach and they might be able to coach him up and make a better nfl player out of him. Just Colins opinion.I really don't know about dungys relationship with the people of Philly, but i do know Goodell didn't even have to let Vick back in the league.
[/quote]

Cowterd is a big market douche. He'll never admit wrong by an institution (NCAA, NFL, NBA, etc.). He has no use for small markets or even small sports. He is a Pimp for ESPN and the sports they host, and knows jack shit about anything else.

Archived