Dalton is GARBAGE!

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1313983033' post='1018994']
Young signed a 1 year deal for $5.5mil to be a backup. He would have come here for the same to be a starter me thinks considering Mike Vick isn't that old. If he did well he would have kept the job. We have very little invested in Dalton, he was a second rounder.
[/quote]

it has little to do with Dalton's contract IMO. Like I said, it was the carson situation. They weren't going to pay another QB a hefty salary with the Carson situation still on the table.

Fixed this ...

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1313981658' post='1018972'] if the Bengals are doing what the rumor is about dicking Jordan over because of Carson which he has nothing to do with his brother and they cut him in time where he doesn't get picked up by another team....that would be real [s]shitty[/s] [size=5][b]awesome[/b][/size] of them!
[/quote]

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1313984495' post='1018997']
I think some of the frustration also lies with the fact that [b]he was supposed to be the most pro-ready QB coming out,[/b] and he just hasn't looked too hot in his three quarters of football.
[/quote]

he wasn't though. Mallett and Ponder were both considered to be the top "pro ready" QB's.

[center][b]14 will be fine ... the games haven't started to officially count yet. [/b][/center][center][b]This team can still go 10-6 [i]imo[/i]. [/b][/center][center][img]http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/clubimages/2011/08-August/AP110821049571--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313979842' post='1018950']

It seemed to me that both Dalton and Sanchez struggled with the rain early. Both had balls sailing a bit high, which is an indication that the ball is slipping out of their hands.
[/quote]

It may have, may not have. Declaring the dude garbage is crazy talk. Green caused a TO, he had at least 2 drops I saw. He didn't hVe a great game. Say green catches both those, simpson gets both feet in bounds, and benson doesn't put us in 2nd and 78, Dalton would have been much better off.

I'm happy with his play. We may not be playoff bound, but at least we are progressing. If dalton looked worse , I'd be worried but he didn't. He can find the open receiver with ease.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313984763' post='1019002']

he wasn't though. Mallett and Ponder were both considered to be the top "pro ready" QB's.
[/quote]
I won't sit here and argue with you, because it would probably go on for forever, but I'm fairly certain Jay Gruden said something to the effect that Dalton was one of the most pro-ready QB's in this draft. If teams thought Mallett was more pro-ready, he wouldn't have gone 74th, especially with Miami and Washington having QB woes.

Hey all, first post on here, but I've been lurking for a while, so in a sense I know some of you better than you know me :D

I'm not sure what to think of Dalton yet...to be honest I'm rooting hard for him because he seems like he'd be a great leader for this team, and honestly, he exactly the type of QB this team needs for a ball-control offense that is supported with a strong D.

That being said, I'm surprised at the rush to bury him already...I watched the games like most of you here, and what I saw was a QB making his second start and making a few errant passes (as all rookie QBs are liable to) to start the game. But the way he's fought back in both the preseason games has really impressed me, and makes me really believe this kid wants to lead the team, which I'm not sure I ever believed about Carson.

Last season, every time we had a third and 3 or 4, I would expect a bad pass/playcall and an ensuing punt...but with Dalton, at least there seems to be some fire in him to fight for that first down, as opposed to a "oh well, we missed the pass, let's go back to the sideline" look that Carson perfected.

I was as big a Carson supporter as anyone...but I don't think Dalton, regardless of how bad it ever gets here, would ever quit on the team, and for me that's enough to at least give him a season to show what he can do...

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1313985348' post='1019008']
I won't sit here and argue with you, because it would probably go on for forever, but I'm fairly certain Jay Gruden said something to the effect that Dalton was one of the most pro-ready QB's in this draft. If teams thought Mallett was more pro-ready, he wouldn't have gone 74th, especially with Miami and Washington having QB woes.
[/quote]

Gruden probably did say that. By most analysts and outside sources though, Mallett was heads and shoulders ahead of any other QB as far as being pro-ready, playing in a pro style offense under former NFL head coach Bobby Petrino. Ponder was considered very pro ready as far as a west coast offense goes.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1313975856' post='1018893']
Not that I saw how Dalton played, but Matt Flynn is supposedly outplaying Aaron Rodgers so far this pre-season and camp.
[/quote]

Yup. Pitched a perfect game in has last outing. Trade for Flynn, draft Pryor, something!

PS Harrell is WAY outperforming Dalton so far this preseason.

[quote name='thedaltonshow' timestamp='1313985395' post='1019011']
Hey all, first post on here, but I've been lurking for a while, so in a sense I know some of you better than you know me :D

I'm not sure what to think of Dalton yet...to be honest I'm rooting hard for him because he seems like he'd be a great leader for this team, and honestly, he exactly the type of QB this team needs for a ball-control offense that is supported with a strong D.

That being said, I'm surprised at the rush to bury him already...I watched the games like most of you here, and what I saw was a QB making his second start and making a few errant passes (as all rookie QBs are liable to) to start the game. But the way he's fought back in both the preseason games has really impressed me, and makes me really believe this kid wants to lead the team, which I'm not sure I ever believed about Carson.

Last season, every time we had a third and 3 or 4, I would expect a bad pass/playcall and an ensuing punt...but with Dalton, at least there seems to be some fire in him to fight for that first down, as opposed to a "oh well, we missed the pass, let's go back to the sideline" look that Carson perfected.

I was as big a Carson supporter as anyone...but I don't think Dalton, regardless of how bad it ever gets here, would ever quit on the team, and for me that's enough to at least give him a season to show what he can do...
[/quote]

welcome to the site!

I think Thursday will be the best judging of Dalton so far. He'll be the most experienced as he's been (obviously) and he's facing a defense that will likely be similar in caliber to the defenses the Bengals will face in the first 9 weeks of the season.

I just don't get the bashing that he didn't light up the arguably best defense in the league, with arguably the best secondary in the league.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1313985570' post='1019013']

Yup. Pitched a perfect game in has last outing. Trade for Flynn, draft Pryor, something!

[b]PS Harrell is WAY outperforming Dalton so far this preseason.[/b]
[/quote]

well hell, I would hope a 2nd yr pro in his 2nd season in the same system with a better supporting cast is out performing a rookie 3 weeks into his pro career.

Way to go out on a limb there. :lol:

[/quote]

I love you.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313985816' post='1019015']

well hell, I would hope a 2nd yr pro in his 2nd season in the same system with a better supporting cast is out performing a rookie 3 weeks into his pro career.

Way to go out on a limb there. :lol:
[/quote]

Harrell is dragging tomorrow's garbage men to TD drives. He is so far ahead of Dalton, it's not funny and he could have been had for a 7th. You wouldn't have had to waste a 2nd on a spread offense project who played in a shitty conference.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1313985987' post='1019017']

:gayflag:
[/quote]
Purely professional, I swear!

I just don't like hating on Dalton already. If he throws 7 TDs and 20 INTs, fine, but I doubt that happens. Here's his stat line...

2600 yards, 14 TDs, 14 INTs

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1313986052' post='1019018']

Harrell is dragging tomorrow's garbage men to TD drives. He is so far ahead of Dalton, it's not funny and he could have been had for a 7th. You wouldn't have had to waste a 2nd on a spread offense project who played in a shitty conference.
[/quote]

Although, one must admit, Harrell is also playing [i]against [/i]tomorrow's garbage men ;)

On a lighter note, I know of your Leach love, and I'm with you on the BS about him getting fired because of that turd on ESPN and TTU's agenda to get him canned.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1313985890' post='1019016']
I love you.
[/quote]

Hahaha thanks buddy, as warm a welcome as I've ever received. I would agree on Dalton's stat line, I'd hope to see around 2700-2800 yards as well, maybe 16 TDs and 16 INTs...a passer rating of about 75 is what I'd expect out of a rookie QB.

[quote name='thedaltonshow' timestamp='1313986519' post='1019024']

Although, one must admit, Harrell is also playing [i]against [/i]tomorrow's garbage men ;)

On a lighter note, I know of your Leach love, and I'm with you on the BS about him getting fired because of that turd on ESPN and TTU's agenda to get him canned.
[/quote]

Now I like Dalton more cause of this post. Thank you sir.

I will cheer for Red Rocket harder from now on.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8a/507_cartman_redrocket.gif[/img]

Just finished watching the game

Dalton made very few bad decisions, looked very comfortable and aware in the pocket, and threw the football like absolute dog shit

All I heard about him around the draft is that he is incredibly accurate and puts the ball in the best place for his receivers to make a play. After watching the game tonight those comments seem like satire or something because that is the exact opposite of what he did out there.

However, I was impressed by his velocity and I'm pretty confident that his accuracy and ball placement will improve as his comfort level with his receivers and the offense goes up

Or at least they better....because forget incompletions and turnovers, if he keeps sailing the football high and behind his guys he's gonna get them killed

[/quote]

Welcome ! I think you may have copped a few cool points with this post...

The rain may have contributed but it didn't start out pretty. However, he settled down and started doing good things with the ball. The play change to the slot for Shipley-who is gaining more and more respect with me for his hands- was outstanding. He was nervous and getting accustomed. As soon as he had to rely on instinct, when he ran out of the pocket and threw to Scaife, his intuition and natural ability showed through.

He needs reps and lots of them. He has shown to be smart, versed in the system, poised in the pocket, and an outstanding play action faker! Give him an open minded chance and don't jump on him so early. His #1 WR is a rookie who dropped 3 passes today, Jerome didn't come back and catch one he should have, his other reciever has 3 starts total, and there was no real offseason of work.

I am willing to give him a chance to show me whether he can play or not. Notice the people who are clamoring loudest against Dalton all have their own conflictin agenda...whenther it be Jordan palmer, Brat, or whatever else.

Whether he turns it around or not, bringing in a rookie QB and handing them the keys with no real competition is assinine. If a rookie QB proves himself ready - fine, but make him win the job. It's unfair to a guy like Dalton really, to just throw him to the wolves.

Give ginger a chance.

He may end up being garbage, but right now he's still better than any other QB's we have on the roster.

Assuming he doesn't get injured (big assumption considering our putrid guards), I would expect him to steadily improve until he actually becomes a good QB by mid-season.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1313981831' post='1018975']I can't believe this team didn't make a run and a real vet like McNabb or Hasselback! At least for a 1 yr deal. We would be in the hunt for the division instead for the hunt for the nubmer 1 overall pick![/quote]

Bingo! Dalton is going to suck ass this year.

I think its funny people rush to trash him and then the turd polishers rush to defend him.

They once had the common sense to sit the drafts best qb who would have played in a much more talented and experienced offense.

That future qb looked like ass in his first real starts.

This is going to be awesome the entire year. The people that want hate Dalton are going to have plenty of materail.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1314008303' post='1019056']
Bingo! Dalton is going to suck ass this year.

I think its funny people rush to trash him and then the turd polishers rush to defend him.

They once had the common sense to sit the drafts best qb who would have played in a much more talented and experienced offense.

That future qb looked like ass in his first real starts.

This is going to be awesome the entire year. [b]The people that want hate Dalton are going to have plenty of materail.[/b]
[/quote]

No shit - most people are resigned to us having a poor year. And Dalton won't be the only reason, as he is not being put in a great situation, making evaluating him completely on one year so fucking stupid it's amazing, especially given the history of QBs doing terrible in their rookie years with bad teams and going on to have good careers. Not saying that means anything about how good or bad he'll be - but the people claiming he's this or that already, based on three practices and two preseason games - are [b]miserable fucking ass-hat morons.[/b]

Archived