More Bengals hate

[b]Team With the Worst Record[/b]

[left][b]King [/b]

I trust Andy Dalton. Just not this year, in a new offense, with no offseason program and having to outscore teams because the defense will be, at best, middle of the pack. And if Carson Palmer comes back, how exactly is learning a new offense in the middle of a season an elixir?

[/left][left][b]Banks [/b]

Starting a rookie at quarterback will be only one of the reasons the Bengals bottom out at 3-13. But that earns them the Luck-y chance to start another rookie quarterback next season.

[/left][left][b]Hack [/b]

A rookie quarterback in the league's most violent division adds up to 3-13 for the Bengals.

[/left][left][b]Mantzouranis [/b]

It was a tough call, but the Bengals' roster is sad, and their schedule doesn't boast any immediately winnable games. Not saying they'll go 0-16, but Lions fans should get the champagne ready just in case.

[b]First coach to get fired[/b]

[/left][left][b]Burke [/b]

[b]Marvin Lewis, Bengals: [/b]There doesn't seem to be any sign of hope in Cincinnati, unless you count Andy Dalton. Eventually, the Bengals will have to make a change.

[/left][left][b]Hack [/b]

[b]Marvin Lewis, Bengals: [/b]Just two years ago, the Bengals looked built for the long haul. They could be looking for a new head coach before Thanksgiving.

[/left][left][b]Mantzouranis [/b]

[b]Marvin Lewis, Bengals: [/b]At least, he [i]should[/i] be the first to get fired, but Lewis should have also been fired at the end of 2010. Getting a new contract after last year, which would now require a buyout from the cheap Bengals if Lewis were to be fired, could save the coach again.

[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/09/01/season.predictions/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=hp_bn10"]SI.com[/url][/left]

It's so obvious with these guys that their idea of researching a team is to check out what the big name writers are saying, and then say it louder.

First home win, I vote they call P-Douche into the locker room and give him the game ball. That'd be classic.

[size=3]edit: I know Daugherty wasn't in this article, but he represents the too-lazy-to-pay-attention hater press.[/size]

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1315541967' post='1027744']
[left][b]Mantzouranis [/b]

It was a tough call, but the Bengals' roster is sad

[/quote]

Not saying the Bengals will be great...but did someone slip this guy the 2001 roster and he misread the year? There is talent up and down the roster but hard to tell how things will shake out yet.
[/left]

[quote name='cinci1fan1' timestamp='1315547302' post='1027758']

It does say something when ur saying that. Really tired reading this crap and I cant wait for sunday already
[/quote]

I can't wait for sunday either and I hope he proves the doubters wrong including me. I want him to succeed.

Yeah, this isn't Brat's offense where the QB is gonna be expected to throw the ball 40 times a game, week after week. All Dalton really has to do is complete a couple passes here and there early on to keep 'em honest, convert some 3rd downs & most importantly not turn the ball over. Gruden seems like he's about putting his players in a position to succeed and letting them go win the game instead of trying to outsmart everyone including himself. I don't think the importance of finally getting rid of Brat can be stressed enough.

[b]Cincinnati at Cleveland. [/b]Browns don’t have depth, but at least they have decent starters. Can’t even say that much for the Bengals. Cleveland, 16-10.

[url="http://www.foxsportsohio.com/09/08/11/NFL-picks-Bengals-no-match-for--Browns/landing_bengals.html?blockID=561230&feedID=3665"]http://www.foxsports...230&feedID=3665[/url]

Dude is from Akron and covers the Cavs.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1315548068' post='1027759']
Rip off a few wins and suddenly the schedule that "doesn't boast any immediately winnable games" will be "a weak schedule that doesn't prove anything." Same ol' shit.
[/quote]

so true.........

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1315548068' post='1027759']
Rip off a few wins and suddenly the schedule that "doesn't boast any immediately winnable games" will be "a weak schedule that doesn't prove anything." Same ol' shit.
[/quote]

+1. I was going to wait until they won a couple games to predict that the writers would blame the weak schedule. How can the worst team in the league have a weak schedule? But, you're right. It will happen.

To segue my next point, I'll lump in Mo with these guys even though he wasn't mentioned. His 3-5 win prediction is sheer pessimism. He claims that even with the easy schedule, he is guessing that they will not win many games, until the Bengals show him something. What has the Browns, Bills, Jags and the entire NFC West shown him to think they are any better than the Bengals? Just assume they'll lose, cock smoker. He's still crying about Joseph. The loss of one player, that didn't even play half of the season last year is going to ruin this team? There is hope with this roster. There's bound to be fall-off with a rookie QB, but stranger things have happened. Is it really going to be easier to swallow a bad season just because you predict it to happen? Hope is all fans have. If you don't have good dreams, you have nightmares.

But wait! There could be shelter from the storm of sports media hate. It looks like the latest team to be without their starting QB is now expected to be awful and vying for the #1 pick. These star fuckers are now writing off the Colts because of Manning being out for at least half the season. More aforementioned lazy journalism. Why take the time to analyze the team when you can just assume they can't win without Peyton. Here's wishing him a speedy 6-8 week recovery.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1315561388' post='1027769']
1. Those statements surrounding 3-13 are silly. Sad roster? No early winnable games? C'mon.

2. Marvin fired by Thanksgiving? Mike Brown does not fire Marvin, after resigning him, and giving him a rookie quarterback.
[/quote]

It's also a bit inconsistent to say we have a terrible roster and then say the coach needs to be fired for not succeeding with a terrible roster.

[quote name='thedaltonshow' timestamp='1315542160' post='1027746']
Well the team certainly has enough locker room bulletin-board material...
[/quote]

too bad that doesnt make you better at football.

if motivation was a problem in this locker room ALREADY, then no amount of BB material would help.. that kinda thing can motivate a 2009 like offense, a bunch of veteran outcasts, tank, roy, odom, dhani, wilson type guys, etc..

but that subdued last season.. and this year, there isnt that same kind of group...

motivation sure as hell shouldnt be an issue with this group..

most additions we traded to aquire, they werent scrap heap stuff.

what bothers me about all of the above, is the lack of common sense... even if marvin is most fit to be fired during the season.. its not going to happen. mike just re-signed him, he isnt going to fire him less than a year later... IF he gets fired, it will be post-season..

Archived