Anyone think its possible we go offense first three picks?

Who here thinks its possible we go offense with our first three picks? OG, RB, and WR in some order or another.

I just dont see them going DE anymore with Harvey and Anderson combined with Geathers, MJ, and Dunlap.
Dont think they need to go CB with 4 first rounders on the roster (although they could if the guy they want is there).
Dont think they will go Safety, Nelson is starting FS and I dont think Barron is enough of an upgrade over Mays to make him worthy of a first.
LB I think is possible, but I wouldnt be surprised if they were content going into the offseason with Howard, Rey, Keith, Muck, Moch and either Lawson or BJ.
DT I guess could be a possibility, but I want the first rounders to start. Would they really need someone to start over Peko or Atkins?

I think the two biggest weaknesses right now are RG and WR2. Its possible they dont draft a RB, but I think a lot of people think they will.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1332544359' post='1111258']
I think after today first round DE may be off the table, but I'm thinking 2 offensive picks and 1 defensive pick.

And I'm starting to think TE Coby Fleener at #21 wouldn't shock me.
[/quote]
If they take Fleener I think that would eliminate a possibility of a high WR. I think theyd go with Aj, the two TEs, Binns/Simpson, Shipley and a RB that can catch out of the backfield.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1332544679' post='1111264']
If they take Fleener I think that would eliminate a possibility of a high WR. I think theyd go with Aj, the two TEs, Binns/Simpson, Shipley and a RB that can catch out of the backfield.
[/quote]

well, I think if you go with Fleener you'd kind of be going like the patriots and having a lesser #2 WR but two really good TE's to go with Gresham. It would allow you to take a chance on a guy like Binns as the #2. Fleener is also a pretty good blocker.

The thought of taking a TE in the first round with Gresham coming off of a pro bowl year is odd, but a weapon is a weapon and I don't necessarily think that bringing in fleener would lessen gresham's role any.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1332545004' post='1111269']
To tell you the truth, if both DeCastro and Cordy are available at both picks...wouldn't shock me if they both were chosen.
[/quote]

I might have agreed before Wharton was signed, but now just one of them puts the OLine in a pretty good place (especially with Anthony Collins re-signed). We still have several other holes to fill.

To tell you the truth, if both DeCastro and Cordy are available at both picks...wouldn't shock me if they both were chosen.
[/quote]

May be the wisest thing to do. If Glenn is there we probably take him. One, we need a RG, two, you have to cover yourself as Andre may be leaving.

[/quote]

I can't see them doing that unless they plan on using DeCastro as a center. He's supposed to be super smart and have a great football mind, so it might be possible. If they were going to grab 2 guys like that, I think it would be more likely that they went with 1 of the guards and then traded back to get Konz and a DB/WR/RB (one of the 3 depending on BPA).

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1332545306' post='1111273']

I might have agreed before Wharton was signed, but now just one of them puts the OLine in a pretty good place (especially with Anthony Collins re-signed). We still have several other holes to fill.
[/quote]

Me too. If no Wharton I'm on record with drafting both of them.

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=63631&view=findpost&p=1096012

My guess has been 3 out of the first 4 picks on offense.

Something like Cordy Glenn, Rueben Randle, and Doug Martin would be a hell of a start and, combined with Andy, AJ, Jermaine, Jordan, Whit and Andre would give us one of the best young groups of offensive talent in the NFL.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1332545004' post='1111269']To tell you the truth, if both DeCastro and Cordy are available at both picks...wouldn't shock me if they both were chosen.[/quote]

Wow. I'd be shocked.

It's really hard for me to believe the Bengals won't use one of those first round picks on a cornerback.

It's also hard to believe that they won't use one to add another weapon for Andy Dalton.

My prediction...

Dre Kirkpatrick & Alshon Jeffery

So far they seem to make sure that they have no worse than a 2/3 1/3 split in the early rounds, so I would expect that to remain the same, especially now that there are no 'Gotta Have' holes to fill except for WR2.

So I would expect at least 1 O and 1 D in the first three rounds.

I don't think there's any way they pass on a corner unless Gilmore and Jenkins grade out too low on their board. We have a ton of talent at CB but nothing guaranteed past a season or two.

At the same time, DeCastro or Glenn are a lock for stripes unless they're gone by 17 and 21 respectively.

I'd like to see them re-sign Jerome Simpson or sign Jerricho Crotchery, but they might wait until after the draft to see how it shakes out. There's pretty solid depth at WR. I could see them going WR in the 1st or 2nd and then taking another in the mid/late rounds.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1332556180' post='1111360']
I don't think there's any way they pass on a corner unless Gilmore and Jenkins grade out too low on their board. We have a ton of talent at CB but nothing guaranteed past a season or two.

At the same time, DeCastro or Glenn are a lock for stripes unless they're gone by 17 and 21 respectively.
[/quote]

Before we added Wharton I thought DeCastro or Glenn was a real possibility. I think now they will go back to their belief that guard is not a first round position. And I really don't think they will risk Jenkins. Most of the guys they have added so far are high character guys.

Archived