biggest surprise tomorrow

who's the one guy that gets cut tomorrow that shocks everybody? every year it seems there's a cut that nobody saw coming, what are some educated guesses on who it will be this year?

I'm going with Andrew Hawkins...and I really like the kid. I just think Jones and Sanu have shown enough within the offense and on ST's to make Hawk expendable.

I'm gonna say they keep Whalen and cut Hawk and make Sanu the top guy in the slot.

AJ, Binns, Tate, Jones, Sanu, and Whalen for the final 6.

Absolutely no way Hawkins gets cut.

Don't think there will be much tomorrow as surprising cuts unless there's injury issue we don't know about. Donald Lee and Jason Allen are probably the only two even remotely in danger and even then both probably still make it.

Roster is mostly set at this point outside of maybe 2-3 spots.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1346383461' post='1153188']
Absolutely no way Hawkins gets cut.

[/quote]

Why? What does Hawk do on offense or ST's that Sanu and Jones can't?

plus Whalen, along with Jones and Sanu can play all 3 spots. Hawkins is pretty much limited to the slot.

He'd be a tough cut, no doubt, but I definitely don't think he could be considered a lock at this point. They've got some tough calls in that group for sure.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1346384051' post='1153197']

Why? What does Hawk do on offense or ST's that Sanu and Jones can't?

plus Whalen, along with Jones and Sanu can play all 3 spots. Hawkins is pretty much limited to the slot.

He'd be a tough cut, no doubt, but I definitely don't think he could be considered a lock at this point. They've got some tough calls in that group for sure.
[/quote]

Hawkins has a skillset no other offensive player can duplicate and Gruden has already said he's the starter in the slot. Some garbage time stats by Whalen in the fourth preseason game won't change that. Simmons also says Hawkins is there top gunner on special teams.

Every draft and preseason you come around and make outlandish predictions and somehow disappear when they don't work out. Will this be the same?

The top six at WR are set. Have been since the Shipley cut. If Whalen makes it, it's because they keep seven.

I say no big shocks... anyone mentioned so far in this thread wouldn't be a shock. I guess Marvin Jones would be a shock to me... I love the kid and think he has played well, but the drops hurt.. I don't think he will, butI wouldn't be shocked.

many many tough decisions though...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1346384523' post='1153200']
Every draft and preseason you come around and make outlandish predictions and somehow disappear when they don't work out. Will this be the same?

The top six at WR are set. Have been since the Shipley cut. If Whalen makes it, it's because they keep seven.
[/quote]

Lol. Just making football conversation is all, ya know-it-all prick.

Put me on ignore if you don't like what I have to say. It's that simple.

Personally, I like Hawk and hope he sticks, I just don't think he's a lock is all. It doesn't have anything to do with Whalen really, other than his versatility, it's mostly about Jones and Sanu and not just what they bring to the table on offense, but special teams as well.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1346385190' post='1153204']
No way! Jones is the future and Newman will start.
[/quote]

but it SURE would be a surprise...

as we do often we will have to cut a talented WR, I just happened to be having a conversation moment before this post with friend about jones, and he had just dropped a pass and then got a ST's penalty, so i was saying he was choking and going to be cut. i doubt he does, but unless we keep 6 WR's someone i'd like to keep is going to go..

and ANY DB could go minus hall and kirk, and it wouldnt be a crazy shock. but newman is a zimmer guy, so i agree, he isnt likely headed out.. but he would be "most surprising"... of the non-prime guys.

[quote name='Mu Shu' timestamp='1346385992' post='1153207']
Bernard Scott maybe?
[/quote]

seems (hopefully)unlikely. averages 4 ypc over his career, increased TD's each season, only games he carried the load he got 87 yards @ 4.8 ypc and then against oakland he got 119 @ 5.7 YPC as well as 32 receiving yards..

also he fits into the "dink and dunk" offensive scheme we run well... i have a feeling BJGE will have soe struggles with the run blocking and Bscott may get some extra action... at least i hope..

Archived