Marvin's horrible decision

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1349975184' post='1168859']
Here, I'll do the namecalling for you. First and foremost there's Haitinlife88 or some shit. What a douchebag. Coy Bacon is nothing but negative and Lawman, well...let's just leave Lawman out of this. Oh....and sneaky. He's also a bagger.

You're welcome.
[/quote]

hmm I don't know Lawman.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349975256' post='1168860']
hmm I don't know Lawman.
[/quote]

Consider yourself lucky. Ask your best friend Jamie about him. Or Homer Rice. Good times. He was mostly active in the J&D forum trying to convince everyone that I wanted to murder them because they were non Muslim.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1349975184' post='1168859']
Here, I'll do the namecalling for you.
[/quote]

((shrug))

I'm still new here, but I've already been labeled as the worst poster ever, as well as a dedicated cock eater. Better yet, just recently I was compared to a case of the watery shits.

Don't get me wrong though because I'm not complaining. In fact, I'm bragging.

HairOnFire > Coy Bacon

[quote name='HairOnFire' timestamp='1349977062' post='1168870']
((shrug))

I'm still new here, but I've already been labeled as the worst poster ever, as well as a dedicated cock eater. Better yet, just recently I was compared to a case of the watery shits.
[/quote]

Well, at least they called you 'dedicated'. I think it might be a little worse being called an inconsistent cock eater. Maybe.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1349974559' post='1168854']
You're smarter than that man. Look at your first paragraph again and tell me you don't feel a little foolish for typing that out in response to my post. Do you think they have a chart for such things if they didn't feel the chart was a very good guide to what action should be taken for particular situations in games. From what I know...pretty much every coach uses it as teh situations would be too complex to map out in one's head at the time the decision is needed. You only get 3 time outs and that may not even be long enough to determine the best course of action......that's where the chart comes in. It's already determined what is the "right" decision to be made in various situations. The situation on Sunday called for a 2 pt conversion.....which would have made it the "right" decision.....according to the chart. Not anyone on Go-Bengals.com or Senator Arlen Spector. But according to the chart devised by football minds that every coach has access to.
[/quote]

It is a guide, an aggregation of probabilities...not a definition of what is correct and incorrect.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349973400' post='1168847']
I dunno about that. It may be typical, but I wouldn't say its "right" that certain posters only come around when the team loses.
[/quote]

I dont pretend to make the notion that anything is "right" or "wrong" about it, just expected.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1349976652' post='1168865']
Consider yourself lucky. Ask your best friend Jamie about him. Or Homer Rice. Good times. He was mostly active in the J&D forum trying to convince everyone that I wanted to murder them because they were non Muslim.
[/quote]

You sun god worshiper

Actually, commentators post game were wondering why they would not have gone for 2 in a tight defensive game. The writers the day after said it. Many posters have said it. It seemed like the wrong decision. And no sensible person would be dissatisfied at the aggressiveness should it have failed. Perhaps the choice of plays could be blameworthy. If you have ever played football and led drives down the field, you know that you have to go for 2 at that time, in that game.

It is obvious that during the heat of the game, Marvin doesn't think as aggressively and sensibly as we would want our coach/decision-maker to think in those situations. And again, there is chaos around you and everyone is yelling one thing or another, and Lewis has to make the decision. He tends to choose conservatively. I would choose to have a decision maker who chooses more aggressively.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1349917409' post='1168767']
It's amazing to me how much more traffic this site gets when the team loses.
[/quote]

Therapy is for the sick, not the healthy.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1349985398' post='1168943']
Therapy is for the sick, not the healthy.
[/quote]

& melodrama is for sports fans, I suppose.

They lost what looked like a winnable game on paper. Unfortunately for our offense last week, this is a game played on grass or turf. If you've been a Bengals fan for long, you should remember being on the other side of those kinds of games. It happens.

This is the very same team that was 3-1 last week and had everyone crowing. They're now 3-2. Just went out to check the mail and the sky is not, in fact, falling.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1349974559' post='1168854']

I guess that could apply to me...but I come around when I have time and am not a negative person by any means.

It sure does. Go look at the link Amish posted. It also makes sense to do so. Logically.

You're smarter than that man. Look at your first paragraph again and tell me you don't feel a little foolish for typing that out in response to my post. Do you think they have a chart for such things if they didn't feel the chart was a very good guide to what action should be taken for particular situations in games. From what I know...pretty much every coach uses it as teh situations would be too complex to map out in one's head at the time the decision is needed. You only get 3 time outs and that may not even be long enough to determine the best course of action......that's where the chart comes in. It's already determined what is the "right" decision to be made in various situations. The situation on Sunday called for a 2 pt conversion.....which would have made it the "right" decision.....according to the chart. Not anyone on Go-Bengals.com or Senator Arlen Spector. But according to the chart devised by football minds that every coach has access to.
[/quote]

Fuck a damn chart. You don't play football with a chart. You don't live with a chart. You play football and you LIVE with a big ballsack.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1350000296' post='1169056']

Fuck a damn chart. You don't play football with a chart. You don't live with a chart. You play football and you LIVE with a big ballsack.
[/quote]
Marvin coaches like a BIG pussy. So stop with the ballsack shit.

[/quote]

Except marvin pussied out and kicked the extra point...i'd be happy if he coached with a big ballsack.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1350003548' post='1169079']
My point exactly. Don't kick an XP...go for 2.
[/quote]

Can we all just agree to disagree? The only time I would have said Marvin needed to go for the 2-point conversion, is if I needed 2 points to cover the spread.

[/quote]

Lol Marvin didn't coach that way in this situation. Probably had his balls with Carsons at that time.

I would've gone for 2 when we scored the td. If the 2 point fails you're still in the same position with the 4 and 5 call anyway. If the 2 point conversion succeeds, you then have to kick the fg to tie instead of going for 4 and 5, and not having to rely on Dalton to avoid losing. I think kicking the fg was the right decision, coz even if they would've converted, they may have another 4th down closer to the goal line then you're in exactly the same position with less time on the clock for Dalton to get the ball back and win. But not going for 2 was the killer.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1350046601' post='1169238']
Has the worm turned and others are seeing it as I did several pages ago, Marv should have gone for two?

Gee, and I got childish personal insults.

Marv should have gone for two.
[/quote]

No, he should have done a drop kick.

[quote name='bengalbutch' timestamp='1350256106' post='1170693']
7 1/2 minutes left. Seattle down 23-10. Fourth and 3 at the 11. Seahawks got for it. Surprise, surprise TOUCHDOWN.
[/quote]

as they should have. Patriots Offense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miami Offense

Also 13 point deficite >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4pt deficit

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1350256230' post='1170695']
as they should have. Patriots Offense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miami Offense

Also 13 point deficite >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4pt deficit
[/quote]
Fact is in that exact same situation Marvin would have tried FG to cut it to 10 and you know it

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350256405' post='1170700']
Am I going to have to watch every game where someone misses a 2-point conversion or 4th down an paste it?
[/quote]
As a fan I want you to try and win. Go for it and fail is fine with me. At least you tried to win. Simply posting to say most every coach in football would have went for it imo

Archived