The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Pittsburgh Steelers Game 2

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1356301901' post='1198077']
Michael Johnson being interviewed in post game said about the game: "It was just another brick in the foundation." That is a championship mindset. HUGE WIN for us, and our guys are still focused on building/growing. THAT's why I like this team more than any other under Marvin.
[/quote]
I heard that and we gotta resign that guy. He is exactly what we need on this team.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1356305006' post='1198157']
This defense is The Truth.

Seriously, Cincinnati has never had a D like this, at least not in my memory...
[/quote]
And for those who say D doesn't win games or champs anymore are crazy. Sky is the limit with this D. Yeah I said it.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1356306682' post='1198188']
Also, fuck Jason Allen. I hope Dre is finally done with his concussion shit. At least he doesn't fuck up on STs.
[/quote]

Yeah almost forgot about him. Couldn't block the gunner and held on a momentum changing punt return.

Seems like it'd be worth the risk to have boom in there if dre isn't healthy. Would be shallow at cb but Clements could play in a pinch

The best part about this win is that I feel like it is the turning of the tide. This is the kind of way the the Steelers would beat us more often than not. An absolutely ugly game that is decided in the end. Hopefully this means that our time to sit on top of the division is now.

Also, I would love to tell douche Keisel, "Obviously, your season didn't end quite the way you wanted it too..Douche."

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1356303773' post='1198133']

I may be critical, I may bitch about some things that still tweek me about how they do things, but I would NEVER sell my allegiance[color=#282828][font=arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)] [/background][/font][/color]to this team. Seriously fuck that guy.
[/quote]

Yup. If you can "sell" your allegiance you were never a fan at all.

We don't want you. You were never one of us.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1356305832' post='1198172']
when andy gets in trouble he tends to move everywhere but to his right. he'll move up in the pocket, he'll move to his left, but it never seems like he rolls to the right. i'd like to see gruden work on this a bit more, rolling the protection that way, since it's easier for a right handed QB to throw on the run when you're rolling right. he doesn't have the arm strength to overcome throwing against his body...ie. to the left and every time he ends up doing that it ends up in a wasted play.
[/quote]

well that's on the coaches to 1) roll protection like you suggest, 2) teach WR's to scramble that way, and 3) teach Dalton to mix it up.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1356308591' post='1198215']
well that's on the coaches to 1) roll protection like you suggest, 2) teach WR's to scramble that way, and 3) teach Dalton to mix it up.
[/quote]

I made this point a couple of games ago. He almost ALWAYS scrambles to his left - which is counter his throwing arm/motion.

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1356311126' post='1198237']
I made this point a couple of games ago. He almost ALWAYS scrambles to his left - which is counter his throwing arm/motion.
[/quote]
And when he is rolling out, whichever direction. When no one is pursuing he needs to stop, plant his feet and throw the ball

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1356300053' post='1198018']
The Bad

Finding a Doctor 2 Days before Xmas to help with this thing thats going to last longer than 4 hours

:D
[/quote]

I'm a big fan of what I call "drive by docs", those urgent care, etc. places.
Choose one in an upscaleish neighborhood and no wait, etc.
Go in, whine, and get a 'script.
By the time you get in to see your doc, you're well or dead.

[quote name='BubbaBengal' timestamp='1356301915' post='1198079']
[b][color=#ff8c00][sub][sup][font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]40 YEARS LATER , THE IMMACULATE [/size][/font][/sup][/sub][/color][sub][sup][font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]INTERCEPTION[/size][/font][/sup][/sub][color=#ff8c00][sub][sup][font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3] !!!!! THANKS BIG BEN !! TODAY KARMA IS A BENGAL !!![/size][/font][/sup][/sub][/color][/b]
[/quote]

Too bad Benny's mother didn't use Immediate Contraception about nine months before his ass birth.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1356312548' post='1198267']

I'm a big fan of what I call "drive by docs", those urgent care, etc. places.
Choose one in an upscaleish neighborhood and no wait, etc.
Go in, whine, and get a 'script.
By the time you get in to see your doc, you're well or dead.
[/quote]

I prefer the term "doc-in-the-box" thank you very much.

For the record, rewatching the game, Andy didnt play bad at all. There were a couple plays where he held on the ball too long and got a sack, the bad play on the intentional grounding, and a bad pass on the last 3rd and 1 before our last punt. That was about it.

He threw 5 deep balls to AJ that were all thrown pretty well and could/should have been caught. 1 he got a 28 yard PI on that could have been a 70 yard td, 1 that AJ dropped, 1 that he fit in perfectly but troy got there just in time to break it up, 1 that would have been a 50 yard TD but there was contact Aj got tripped up and just barely didnt make it, and the 4th and 22 that AJ was just barely out of bounds.

Also the one to AJ in the endzone. He probably should have thrown it sooner, but still a pretty good throw, only AJ could catch it, and almost got his feet down.

Ended up just a decent game, but was a couple breaks away from having a huge game and blowing the stealers out.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1356579785' post='1199608']
For the record, rewatching the game, Andy didnt play bad at all. There were a couple plays where he held on the ball too long and got a sack, the bad play on the intentional grounding, and a bad pass on the last 3rd and 1 before our last punt. That was about it.

He threw 5 deep balls to AJ that were all thrown pretty well and could/should have been caught. 1 he got a 28 yard PI on that could have been a 70 yard td, 1 that AJ dropped, 1 that he fit in perfectly but troy got there just in time to break it up, 1 that would have been a 50 yard TD but there was contact Aj got tripped up and just barely didnt make it, and the 4th and 22 that AJ was just barely out of bounds.

Also the one to AJ in the endzone. He probably should have thrown it sooner, but still a pretty good throw, only AJ could catch it, and almost got his feet down.

Ended up just a decent game, but was a couple breaks away from having a huge game and blowing the stealers out.
[/quote]
I agree with you on all of that, except the intentional grounding. I think even Phil Sims showed in the game , that he was out of the tackle box. That was a mike Carey crew call, just like the PI call that should have gone on troy, and the holding call on Leon. I think Carey is tomlin's cousin.

Archived