The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Pittsburgh Steelers Game 2

[b]The Good[/b]
We're in the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row!!! Most never wrecking game ever, I think I aged 10 years.
Geno Atkins is a man beast
The winning FG
Marvin Jones
AJ's last catch to put us in FG range

[b]The Bad[/b]
AJ's drops
Jay's play calling
Andy locks onto his 1st read too much, I want to see him go through the progressions more

[b]The Ugly[/b]
Marvin's game management AGAIN
The Oline
The Running game

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1356298403' post='1197933']
[b]The Good[/b]
We're in the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row!!! Most never wrecking game ever, I think I aged 10 years.
Geno Atkins is a man beast
The winning FG
Marvin Jones
AJ's last catch to put us in FG range

[b]The Bad[/b]
AJ's drops
Jay's play calling
Andy locks onto his 1st read too much, I want to see him go through the progressions more

[b]The Ugly[/b]
Marvin's game management AGAIN
The Oline
The Running game
[/quote]

Whatever, dog!!! WE JUST BEAT THE FUCKING SQUEALERS IN SQUEALER LAND WITH MIKE FUCKING CAREY AS THE FUCKING REF!!!! Ain't no bad, ain't no ugly, it's just a SUPER FUCKING WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b]Beautiful[/b]
Geno Freakin Atkins
Leon Hall and Reggie Nelson
Playoffs!

[b]Good[/b]
The rest of the defense
Marvin Jones
Gresham
AJ's last catch
Josh Brown

[b]Bad[/b]
The offense most of the day
Turnovers

[b]Ugly[/b]
Brett Kiesel and Ben Roethlisberger

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1356298991' post='1197973']
Good: Playoffs!!!

Great: We beat the Stealers in PA, and knock them out of the post season

Bad/Ugly: Who gives a fuck, let's go win the AFC North with a Giants win!!!!

Who The Fuck Dey!!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah.

I think AD may have gotten some confidence today. We still didn't do a great job converting, but whatever accuracy problems he was having earlier got really cleaned up toward the end of the game. I disagree with Sims on some of the long throws on 3rd downs late, but AD was throwing pretty well after some really bad ones the first few quarters.

If he just gets accurate, with this Defense, we actually have a chance.

I'd almost rather play on the road now, except with Division we'd be getting the Colts at home, and if we won that we'd get Houston away - the easiest road to the AFC Championship.

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1356300148' post='1198022']
I think AD may have gotten some confidence today. We still didn't do a great job converting, but whatever accuracy problems he was having earlier got really cleaned up toward the end of the game. I disagree with Sims on some of the long throws on 3rd downs late, but AD was throwing pretty well after some really bad ones the first few quarters.

If he just gets accurate, with this Defense, we actually have a chance.

I'd almost rather play on the road now, except with Division we'd be getting the Colts at home, and if we won that we'd get Houston away - the easiest road to the AFC Championship.
[/quote]

definitely think it was a big game for Dalton's development.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1356300800' post='1198039']
the Biggest Great of all?

At one point in the 4th quarter I said: "Are Harrison and Woodley playing today? I haven't heard their names all game."

Looking at the stat sheet Harrison did end up with a sack, but the two were pretty much neutralized.
[/quote]

Yeah Timmons had a hell of a game though, but end the end who cares we won!! oooooo yeahhh

Good--DL steps up in a game they usually tank.
A kicker that actually kicks us into the playoffs.
We defended the TE's today!!
Seeing Stealers laying on the field hurt.--not that I want them hurt perse--just years of watching the good guys laying on the field as their victims, I'm not a very compassionate doctor and I REALLY like the bullies getting their asses pounded for a change.

Bad--Andy needs to get his ass in gear or we are one and done again. after the 1st q., the line gave him plenty of time.

Ugly--Marvin trying to give it away...again. NOBODY kicks a 50+ yd in Heinz field, let alone 55+. In the entire history of Heinz field there have been exactly 5 fg over 50 and the longest 52. Pure stupid.

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' timestamp='1356300911' post='1198046']
Good--DL steps up in a game they usually tank.
A kicker that actually kicks us into the playoffs.
We defended the TE's today!!
Seeing Stealers laying on the field hurt.--not that I want them hurt perse--just years of watching the good guys laying on the field as their victims, I'm not a very compassionate doctor and I REALLY like the bullies getting their asses pounded for a change.

Bad--Andy needs to get his ass in gear or we are one and done again. after the 1st q., the line gave him plenty of time.

Ugly--Marvin trying to give it away...again. NOBODY kicks a 50+ yd in Heinz field, let alone 55+. In the entire history of Heinz field there have been exactly 5 fg over 50 and the longest 52. Pure stupid.
[/quote]

Guess, you should tell Tomlin that, too, huh?

Archived