The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Pittsburgh Steelers Game 2

Michael Johnson being interviewed in post game said about the game: "It was just another brick in the foundation." That is a championship mindset. HUGE WIN for us, and our guys are still focused on building/growing. THAT's why I like this team more than any other under Marvin.

[b][color=#ff8c00][sub][sup][font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]40 YEARS LATER , THE IMMACULATE [/size][/font][/sup][/sub][/color][sub][sup][font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]INTERCEPTION[/size][/font][/sup][/sub][color=#ff8c00][sub][sup][font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3] !!!!! THANKS BIG BEN !! TODAY KARMA IS A BENGAL !!![/size][/font][/sup][/sub][/color][/b]

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1356301760' post='1198074']
Guess, you should tell Tomlin that, too, huh?
[/quote]

yep, I haven't checked, but I'll bet the stooler board is saying the same thing. Suisham at least has home field advantage....he kicks there all the time. I like his chances from 53 than Brown from 56.

[quote name='BubbaBengal' timestamp='1356301915' post='1198079']
[b][color=#ff8c00][sub][sup][font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]40 YEARS LATER , THE IMMACULATE [/size][/font][/sup][/sub][/color][sub][sup][font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]INTERCEPTION[/size][/font][/sup][/sub][color=#ff8c00][sub][sup][font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3] !!!!! THANKS BIG BEN !! TODAY KARMA IS A BENGAL !!![/size][/font][/sup][/sub][/color][/b]
[/quote]

:41:

[quote name='BubbaBengal' timestamp='1356301915' post='1198079']
[b][color=#ff8c00][sub][sup][font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]40 YEARS LATER , THE IMMACULATE [/size][/font][/sup][/sub][/color][sub][sup][font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]INTERCEPTION[/size][/font][/sup][/sub][color=#ff8c00][sub][sup][font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3] !!!!! THANKS BIG BEN !! TODAY KARMA IS A BENGAL !!![/size][/font][/sup][/sub][/color][/b]
[/quote]

The immaculate interception, I fucking love it.

+1

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' timestamp='1356302012' post='1198082']

yep, I haven't checked, but I'll bet the stooler board is saying the same thing. Suisham at least has home field advantage....he kicks there all the time. I like his chances from 53 than Brown from 56.

:41:
[/quote]

You know what, bro? It really don't fuckin' matter. WE ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS, AND THE SQUEALERS WILL BE ASS GROOVIN' COUCHES !!! WHO DEY!!!!!

[size=4]Oh to [font=arial, sans-serif]Brett Kostoff the former Bengals fan who sold his alligence to the Steelers and was at the game today to watch them lose.[/font][/size]

[size=6][font=arial, sans-serif]Tell me how our ass taste!!![/font][/size]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/MWottreng"][b]Michael Wottreng[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]MWottreng[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bengals&src=hash"][s]#[/s][b]Bengals[/b][/url] are 1 of 7 teams to make playoffs at least 3 of last 4 yrs. Pats, Ravens, Packers: 4x. Colts, Saints, Falcons: 3x.[/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1356302883' post='1198109']

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)][url="https://twitter.com/MWottreng"][b]Michael Wottreng[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]MWottreng[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)][url="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bengals&src=hash"][s]#[/s][b]Bengals[/b][/url] are 1 of 7 teams to make playoffs at least 3 of last 4 yrs. Pats, Ravens, Packers: 4x. Colts, Saints, Falcons: 3x.[/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Pretty proud of that stat. They haven't put it together in the playoffs yet, but 3 out of 4 years getting in is just awesome.

Wins a win. Never thought they could win this, so I am thrilled. Great last throw from Dalton to Green. Absolutely ballz throw. Good on both of them.

Weird to see Tomlin doubledown on Marvin's horrible mistake a few minutes later.

Can't believe we finally won one of these.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1356302702' post='1198103']
[size=4]Oh to [font=arial, sans-serif]Brett Kostoff the former Bengals fan who sold his alligence to the Steelers and was at the game today to watch them lose.[/font][/size]

[size=6][font=arial, sans-serif]Tell me how our ass taste!!![/font][/size]
[/quote]

Awesome!

[img]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/bengalbacker/animated%20G/WalkingCat.gif[/img]

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1356303105' post='1198116']
Wins a win. Never thought they could win this, so I am thrilled. Great last throw from Dalton to Green. Absolutely ballz throw. Good on both of them.

Weird to see Tomlin doubledown on Marvin's horrible mistake a few minutes later.

Can't believe we finally won one of these.
[/quote]

That was the biggest head scratcher of the game to me.

Marvin makes a terrible decision, basically giving away the game, and then Tomlin does the same thing. It's definitely dumber the second time around.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1356303606' post='1198127']
Awesome!

[img]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/bengalbacker/animated%20G/WalkingCat.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I may be critical, I may bitch about some things that still tweek me about how they do things, but I would NEVER sell my allegiance[color=#282828][font=arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)] [/background][/font][/color]to this team. Seriously fuck that guy.

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1356303627' post='1198128']
That was the biggest head scratcher of the game to me.

Marvin makes a terrible decision, basically giving away the game, and then Tomlin does the same thing. It's definitely dumber the second time around.
[/quote]

Tomlin's kicker has been great all season and came so close though...didn't miss by much more than a yard. Right down the middle too.

Good:

Atkins
Defense dominated
Mike Zimmer
Big throw when needed it
Josh Brown
Kevin Huber

Bad:

Going for it on 4th and 22 instead of a 50yd FG
Trying a 56yd FG with time left for PIT to drive
BJGE: little vision, running into Oline's backs
Kyle DAMN Cook played the whole game
Dalton sucked today and several more could have been picked, but made the big throw at the end
Offensive philosophy and playcalling all game long

UGLY:

Ugliest win in a looooong time

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1356304329' post='1198143']
Good:

Atkins
Defense dominated
Mike Zimmer
Big throw when needed it
Josh Brown
Kevin Huber

Bad:

Going for it on 4th and 22 instead of a 50yd FG
Trying a 56yd FG with time left for PIT to drive
BJGE: little vision, running into Oline's backs
Kyle DAMN Cook played the whole game
Dalton sucked today and several more could have been picked, but made the big throw at the end
Offensive philosophy and playcalling all game long

UGLY:

Ugliest win in a looooong time
[/quote]

If you beat Pittsburgh in Heinz, it's going to be an ugly win.

Andy may have sucked in the first half, but he made some tremendous throws late in the game. He had a ton of passing yards late in the game against the stingiest pass defense in the league. If his receivers had made some tough catches, he could easily have had a couple of TD passes too.

This was definitely Dalton's best game in December...which may not be saying much, but at least he got the monkey off his back. Should be a little easier from now on, with this hurdle being crossed.

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1356305264' post='1198160']
Possibly the best defensive performance I've seen

The stealers kept getting amazing situations and great chances to gain momentum, but the bengals D, led by Geno mother fuckin Atkins, smacked them right the fuck down every time.
[/quote]

That was HELLA D on every play but 1.

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1356300148' post='1198022']
I think AD may have gotten some confidence today. We still didn't do a great job converting, but whatever accuracy problems he was having earlier got really cleaned up toward the end of the game. I disagree with Sims on some of the long throws on 3rd downs late, but AD was throwing pretty well after some really bad ones the first few quarters.

If he just gets accurate, with this Defense, we actually have a chance.

I'd almost rather play on the road now, except with Division we'd be getting the Colts at home, and if we won that we'd get Houston away - the easiest road to the AFC Championship.
[/quote]

when andy gets in trouble he tends to move everywhere but to his right. he'll move up in the pocket, he'll move to his left, but it never seems like he rolls to the right. i'd like to see gruden work on this a bit more, rolling the protection that way, since it's easier for a right handed QB to throw on the run when you're rolling right. he doesn't have the arm strength to overcome throwing against his body...ie. to the left and every time he ends up doing that it ends up in a wasted play.

Archived