Get rid of Marvin Lewis

Marvin makes his share of bad decisions... But I truly think the decision that made this game a loss happened weeks ago...

Jeff Faine plays and we can't pass protect....

Trevor Robinson plays and we pass protect better and play better...

Kyle Cook comes back and all of a sudden we have no pass protection and the offense disappears...

Without getting into the technical parts of it... The results are the results....

If we want to be a good to great team we have to fix the offensive line, running backs, and safeties...

Marvin is 79-80-1 in the regular season, 0-4 in the post-season. That's 164 games coached without a playoff win. Only Jim Mora (231) and Norm Van Brocklin (173) have coached more games without a playoff win. Mora was 0-6 in the postseason while Van Brocklin never coached a team that made the playoffs.

I'm not for Marvin being gone. I like him.
But I wouldn't be heartbroken if he was.

Maybe it is time for a different voice?

I'm still proud of what this team accomplished this season.
And let's be real. Anything other than a Super Bowl win would end in disappointment.
The bar has been raised. Just making the Playoffs isn't enough. But it was a good
season overall. And I fully expect this team to win the Division next year. Regardless
if there are Coaching moves made or not.

I just want to win. I don't care who is running the show.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1357436178' post='1204948']
Marvin makes his share of bad decisions... But I truly think the decision that made this game a loss happened weeks ago...

Jeff Faine plays and we can't pass protect....

Trevor Robinson plays and we pass protect better and play better...

Kyle Cook comes back and all of a sudden we have no pass protection and the offense disappears...

Without getting into the technical parts of it... The results are the results....

If we want to be an good to great team we have to fix the offensive line, running backs, and safeties...
[/quote]

AGREE 100% Who made that call? Paul Alexadner, Jay Gruden or Marvin Lewis? Whoever made that call should have their ass FIRED!!

[i][b]Great post Old. I personally would like to see Zimmer running the show with Marvin as GM.. Jay Gruden isn't getting a HC spot so he most likely will be here. we need to shore up a few spots and then we will make a run. We are not that far off. Let Cook and Trevor Robinson battle it out in training camp and see what happens. We are a good solid young team and with another good draft we will be tough...[/b][/i]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' timestamp='1357436568' post='1204968']
[i][b]Great post Old. I personally would like to see Zimmer running the show with Marvin as GM.. Jay Gruden isn't getting a HC spot so he most likely will be here. we need to shore up a few spots and then we will make a run. We are not that far off. Let Cook and Trevor Robinson battle it out in training camp and see what happens. We are a good solid young team and with another good draft we will be tough...[/b][/i]
[/quote]

I wouldn't have a problem with any of that. And I also agree, that we are a good, solid, young team that is moving forward.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1357436309' post='1204957']

And let's be real. Anything other than a Super Bowl win would end in disappointment.
The bar has been raised. Just making the Playoffs isn't enough. But it was a good
season overall. And I fully expect this team to win the Division next year. Regardless

[/quote]

Oh i have no problem with Marvin as a person, I like him, I appreciate what he has done, but for years now i have felt he isnt going to get us to the superbowl and thats what i care about

[i][b]It takes time for a team to become special which I believe we will. How long did it take Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning to win a SB? I know people are frustrated . I have been a Bengals gan for 40 years and hate the losing but we are on the right path. We need to keep Zimmer at all costs. Even as DC..Pay him whatever he wants. He is a great coach who will be irreplaceable. We will have a good draft and be better next season. [/b][/i]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1357436309' post='1204957']

[/quote]

Oh come on Old... why throw that common sense in front of the swine at this time? Let them all melt down...

Maybe SOME of them will melt away into nothingness and never post again!

LMMFAO!!!

We failed in all the ways we as fans should have expected.

1. Mualaga can't cover.
2. We can't cover TE's or RBs.
3. We had no second option on offense, too few playmakers.
4. We got outschemed on both sides of the ball. Our pass rush didn't get there-theirs did. They made Mualaga cover.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1357437425' post='1204985']
We failed in all the ways we as fans should have expected.

1. Mualaga can't cover.
2. We can't cover TE's or RBs.
3. We had no second option on offense, too few playmakers.
4. We got outschemed on both sides of the ball. Our pass rush didn't get there-theirs did. They made Mualaga cover.
[/quote]

And we still only lost by six points and were about 16 inches from going up with 2 minutes to play.

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1357437995' post='1205000']
I feel like Marvin has taken then bengals as far as he can take them
[/quote]

I feel like that has been the sentiment for about 5 years.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1357437866' post='1204997']
And we still only lost by six points and were about 16 inches from going up with 2 minutes to play.
[/quote]

We were exceptionally lucky to even be in that game.

Archived