Who are your free agent targets?

Who are your[b] realistic[/b] targets you'd like to see the Bengals go after to improve the team?

[url="http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/nfl-free-agent-master-list-13"]http://www.rotoworld...-master-list-13[/url]

For me:

WR: Ted Ginn (also returner), Dvery Henderson, Mike Sims-Walker, Legedu Naanee, Johnny Knox

QB: Matt Moore, David Carr, Tarvaris Jackson, Brian Hoyer, Seneca Wallace, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn

RB: Felix Jones, Justin Forsett, Javon Ringer, Mike Goodson, Steve Slaton, Darius Reynaud, Tashard Choice

OL (only if they lose Smith): Jeff Otah, Max Starks, Khalif Barnes, Sebastian Vollmer

DL (if they lose one of MJ/RG/WG): Frostee Rucker, Jonathan Fanene, Osi Umenyiora (its a weak DE market, they need to lock up MJ and WG [b]now[/b]).

LB: Justin Durant, Aaron Curry, Rocky McIntosh, Brandon Johnson, Dannell Ellerbe, Barrett Ruud, Taveres Gooden

CB (if Newman and Jones aren't back): Quentin Jammer, Leodis McKelvin, Tracy Porter, Cedric Griffin

S: Kenny Phillips, Louis Delmas

I don't see them going big. I think they'll continue to build through the draft, extend their own guys, and find sensible upgrades in free agency, upgrading the likes of Bernard Scott, Gradkowski, Lawson and Tate.

I would like to see them pick up another G/T backup lineman for depth (hopefully) as there's a whole lot of air behind the starters. A vet safety along the lines of Crocker would be nice. Basically at this point in the year I look at FA as providing flexibility in the draft.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1360418908' post='1213647']
I would like to see them pick up another G/T backup lineman for depth (hopefully) as there's a whole lot of air behind the starters. A vet safety along the lines of Crocker would be nice. Basically at this point in the year I look at FA as providing flexibility in the draft.
[/quote]

IMO Roland will be that extra G/T backup if back. They seem to like his potential at guard and was Boling's backup last year.

[quote name='sparky151' timestamp='1360429482' post='1213668']
I'd be interested in Danny Woodhead as a 3rd down back.
[/quote]
I agree. I do not know if the Pats will let him loose, but if he does get lose, he can do it all.

Quarterbacks:

Matt Moore
Tarvaris Jackson
Jason Campbell
Josh Johnson
Byron Leftwich
Brady Quinn

Running backs:

Felix Jones
Danny Woodhead
Javon Ringer
Chris Rainey
Mike Goodson

Wide receivers:

Danny Amendola
Brian Hartline
Julian Edelman
Donnie Avery
Kevin Ogletree
Ramses Barden
Brandon Gibson

Defensive ends:

Michael Bennett
Ray Edwards

Defensive tackles:

Glenn Dorsey
Amobi Okoye

Outside linebackers:

Justin Durant
Michael Boley
Will Witherspoon
Aaron Curry

Inside linebackers:

Dannell Ellerbe
Ernie Sims
Jasper Brinkley
E.J. Henderson

Cornerbacks:

Keenan Lewis
Quentin Jammer

Safeties:

Jairus Byrd
Dashon Goldson
Ed Reed
William Moore
Kenny Phillips
LaRon Landy

Restricted free agents:

Danario Alexander
Chris Ivory

Don't get me wrong, there are players out there I would like us to sign, but for the first time ever I would be completely happy with just signing our own.

I truly believe we have built a base of talent that we need to lock up long term and strengthen our weaknesses through the draft. I think we are finally on our way to doing things right....

QB - Matt Moore... hell, anyone not named Gradkowski, basically
RB - Forsett, Stephens-Howling, BScott (would prefer drafted player(s))
WR - Collie, Edelman (knucklehead, but a useful knucklehead), would consider Shipley as RFA if knee is sound
OL /DL - sign their own
LB - Howard if healthy, Boley, Walden, Wheeler - would also explore re-signing Rey for the right price
DB (S) - Byrd, Moore (possibly franchised), Phillips, Delmas
(CB) - sign their own (Jones, Newman). Also like Sean Smith and Alphonso Smith

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1360450050' post='1213711']
Do you have to give up a draft pick if you sign a RFA? I was under the impression you give up the round they were drafted in draft pick. Maybe I am way off base.
[/quote]

I think that's right, but Shipley has been with a number of teams since leaving the Bengals - Bucs, Bills, Jags... So not sure if that still applies or not. If it does, then I wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for him... But I might trade a late pick for him if he's available.

A couple of other possible WRs on the list that I'd also consider... Wouldn't mind Josh Cribbs, and I think Mohamed Massaquoi has some talent, and he's still young.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1360450050' post='1213711']
Do you have to give up a draft pick if you sign a RFA? I was under the impression you give up the round they were drafted in draft pick. Maybe I am way off base.
[/quote]

It depends on what kind of offer they extend to the RFA. I forget all the rules, but I believe there's anything from no compensation to original round draft pick to 1st rounder.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1360450957' post='1213713']

I think that's right, but Shipley has been with a number of teams since leaving the Bengals - Bucs, Bills, Jags... So not sure if that still applies or not. If it does, then I wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for him... But I might trade a late pick for him if he's available.

A couple of other possible WRs on the list that I'd also consider... Wouldn't mind Josh Cribbs, and I think Mohamed Massaquoi has some talent, and he's still young.
[/quote]

I think we already have an un-injured Shipley in Whalen. A guy I like would be Ginn, a perfect replacement for Tate. Outside of that, I would rather get a rookie in the draft.

We are ranked 1st for being the team under salary cap. We need to get good free agents not some bullshit. Sign ours first then get someone like Reggie Bush if we could, Gregg Jennings, etc...

[quote]
[img]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/pg-photo/2013/01/31/0ap2000000133161_gallery_600.jpg[/img]

[b] [size=6] [color=#ff8c00]32[/color] of [color=#ff8c00]32[/color]

1.[/size][/b][b][size=6][color=#ff8c00] C[/color][/size][/b][b][size=6]i[/size][/b][b][size=6][color=#ff8c00]n[/color]c[color=#ff8c00]i[/color]n[color=#ff8c00]n[/color]a[color=#ff8c00]t[/color]i [color=#ff8c00]B[/color]e[color=#ff8c00]n[/color]g[color=#ff8c00]a[/color]l[color=#ff8c00]s[/color]
[color=#ff0000]$50.6 million under the cap [/color][/size][/b]
[/quote]

you can go here for the full article and the full list of salary cap order from last to first which we are number 1.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap1000000133245"]http://www.nfl.com/p...ap1000000133245[/url]

Ellerbe or Kruger for sure if either is available, seneca Wallace is intriguing but kind of old so pass. I'd take Reggie Bush though, he seems to have the best ratio of injury to production of the guys that will be available. Otherwise sign our own guys and head into the draft, nobody but those two ravens would really excite me in free agency.

Archived