*UPDATE* Bengals and James Harrison reach agreement on a deal

Yes if we got that guy, if we got the guy that played the way he played last year not so much. I guess well see.

I will take Harrison's 13 games last year and the backup the other 4 over Lawson.

like I said earlier, yes he upgrades the unit, but they had a chance to make the unit a lot better and missed the opportunity.

Maualuga-Burfict-Dansby
Maualuga-Dansby-Burfict
Maualuga-Howard-Burfict

all would be bigger upgrades.  I don't know that saying "well he's better than Lawson" is something worth doing backflips over.

they do and according to JT they thought about starting him.  They know what they have in him, fans don't yet.

I agree. This is a big upgrade at one position but it ignores where the gaping hole was.

Glad you're not the coach!

]

I think you will be wishing he was by week atleast in this scenario.

2012 Stats Who would you rather have?

70 tackles 6 sacks 2 forced fumbles 0 passes defensed.

or

134 tackles 1 sack 9 passes defensed.

I don't see pass rushing as being our big problem.

]

or

What matters Is he is an upgrade over Lawson.

]

or

what you and 1181 are failing to realize is the likelihood we were never going to get dansby, his price was too high for mike. forget the BS hobson and reedy tweeted just to put pressure on harrison signing. we don't always get the best guy, the best free agent. we are the fans of a team that mike brown runs. i repeat...we are the fans of a team that mike brown runs. reality check time, boys!  even if it's not the x-mas toy you were wanting, this toy is a helluva lot better than the one we had in the toy box. appreciate and celebrate that lump of coal in your stocking, it's better than no lump of coal!

what you and 1181 are failing to realize is the likelihood we were never going to get dansby, his price was too high for mike. forget the BS hobson and reedy tweeted just to put pressure on harrison signing. we don't always get the best guy, the best free agent. we are the fans of a team that mike brown runs. i repeat...we are the fans of a team that mike brown runs. reality check time, boys!  even if it's not the x-mas toy you were wanting, this toy is a helluva lot better than the one we had in the toy box. appreciate and celebrate that lump of coal in your stocking, it's better than no lump of coal!

Thats an assumption.

Myron Bell ss he was here from 1998_ 2000 I believe. He could lay the wood, but he was slow as hell. Remember the secondary with Hawkins, Bean, Bell, damn we had some shitty teams back then.

That right! Yeah, Myron got timed with a sundial. Painfully slow.

Plus Harrison knows the divison.  Too many players from the lamer divisions can't cut it with the big boys.

I'd have preferred Dansby to Harrison but Harrison is a good edge setter. He plays with good leverage in the run game. In nickel situations it would make sense to take Maualuga out but he's got the headset. 

that's solved easily enough by giving the play to the player replacing Maualuga before he runs on the field. Or any number of the other ways plays got called before microphones were put in helmets.

If close to healthy. I'd still like to see us sign Howard. He played sooo good for us. And Marvin seemed to glow when talking about him

Getting a healthy Howard back would be HUGE! It would give us four solid starting linebackers and allow the coaches to do something if one of them *cough* Maualuga *cough* starts slipping.

Getting a healthy Howard back would be HUGE! It would give us four solid starting linebackers and allow the coaches to do something if one of them *cough* Maualuga *cough* starts slipping.

Rey would have to gain some traction before he could start to slip.

Aside from all the reasons I didn't want Harrison - and there are quite a few - he's automatically the leader of that LB group.  I have to admit it would be good to have a defensive captain that does not lay awake nights wondering if people like him.

Rey would have to gain some traction before he could start to slip.

Aside from all the reasons I didn't want Harrison - and there are quite a few - he's automatically the leader of that LB group.  I have to admit it would be good to have a defensive captain that does not lay awake nights wondering if people like him.

I laughed out loud.  :D   Funny because it is true. 

Glad we have an owner like Mike Brown who is willing to sign a top notch player like Harrison who is feared around the league, instead of some other owner who would have been willing to settle for some lesser player like Dansby - who is a decent player, but nothing special.

In the past, I think this organization would have settled for a ho-hum signing like Dansby.

Archived