*UPDATE* Bengals and James Harrison reach agreement on a deal

I guess you missed all the instances where (insert Defensive player's name here) was said to be done or a bust 

and Zimmer turned him around? The fact is, the dude had as many Sacks and more FFs in 13 games than our

entire LB corps had in 16. 

Zimmer worked out both. He was on board with signing Harrison. He has proven he can get a lot out of players.

So why should I start doubting him now? Because Goodberry says so? 

oh there are plenty of examples of Zimmer's success in that area.  None were as old as Harrison though or coming off back to back seasons where they didn't play a full 16.  

and why are you so worked up about what some guy on twitter thinks?

Who the fuck is Joe Goodberry?  Seriously.

word...

and I like this I guess. He should have some hatred for the stealers.. If he hits big jen a couple times extra hard, it's worth the contract to me.

Cyprien in the first now... :D

and the WHO-DEY.. Hello Cincinnati was pretty cool...

oh there are plenty of examples of Zimmer's success in that area.  None were as old as Harrison though or coming off back to back seasons where they didn't play a full 16.  

and why are you so worked up about what some guy on twitter thinks?

I always hated Harrison. But I would have hated my Mamaw if she worse a Stealers jersey too.

He played in 13 games last season. So let's not act like he missed even a quarter of the season.

He's just annoying. He talks in absolutes like he can see the future and is very full of himself.

Wouldn't call it worked up about it though. Just stating my opinion about his opinion. ;)

Was intrigued how much #Bengals coaches liked James Harrison the person. He talked for hours. They see him as base OLB/nickel rusher

The bolded part is what I've suggested since the first whiff of Harrison coming here.  IMO, if that's the focus he moves firmly to the asset category.  Things could get a little tricky on obvious running plays when the opponent instead opts to pass.

Was intrigued how much #Bengals coaches liked James Harrison the person. He talked for hours. They see him as base OLB/nickel rusher

They have to use him on passing downs.  If you add James Harrison and don't ask him to get after the QB more often than not, you're doing it wrong.  I'm a homer so I'll be on board eventually but if he stays healthy, lays the lumber, avoids costly penalties, and can bring a swagger to this D he will definitely contribute to getting us over the hump.

The bolded part is what I've suggested since the first whiff of Harrison coming here emerged.  IMO, if that's the focus he moves firmly to the asset category.  Things could get a little tricky on obvious running plays when the opponent instead opts to pass.

it can work if they find a solid SS who can come up near the line in man coverage.  Won't be able to rush one backer and leave the other alone to cover the short underneath by himself.

There are actually people on this board stupid enough to think Harrison is unathletic and can't cover?
Damn, some of you people are a special kind of stupid.

Since when is Harrison known as a coverage lb. He played rolb in a 3-4 defense, his primary job is to rush the passer or defend the edge on running downs. Almost all teams line up their te on the right side of the line away from him, meaning if it a passing play his primary function is to cover the rb in the flat.

so they DO have plans for him in our nickle package....as of now, anyway. i can see the gears turning in zimmer's head as we speak. poor guy probably won't get any sleep tonight.

Other than John Jackson, who are former Steelers that became Bengals?  I'm drawing a blank.

Jerry Olsavsky was signed here but he broke his hand so not sure if he played a game. Brentson Buckner is one I can recall.

And James Harrison.

Dansby isn't better than Harrison. Period.

Just what I was thinking.  DPOY within last 2 years and some on this board are

trying to bury him.  If it were me,  and with the way the Bengals use nickel, I see

a bit more rushing 5 with Harrison, Burfict patrolling the middle and dropping 5.  They

could use a multitude of setups or games with this signing.

Just what I was thinking.  DPOY within last 2 years and some on this board are

trying to bury him.  If it were me,  and with the way the Bengals use nickel, I see

a bit more rushing 5 with Harrison, Burfict patrolling the middle and dropping 5.  They

could use a multitude of setups or games with this signing.

4 years ago.

Archived