*UPDATE* Bengals and James Harrison reach agreement on a deal

TE's are going to tear us a new asshole this year.

I think it's WAY too early to say that. There's the draft, FA still, injuries, etc. and who knows how Lamur will develop.

May happen, but there's a lot of offseason to go. I could see them signing Howard and drafting an athletic LB and if that happens, the outlook changes a lot, IMO.

Anytime that you can add an overrated 35 year old player with injury concerns that’s coming off a down year, I guess you’ve got to do it.

His "down year" in Sacks were as many as Maualuga (1), Burfict (1), Manny Lawson (2), Vincent Rey (1) and Thomas Howard (1) 

had combined. Hell, you could throw Skuta (0) and Lamur (0) in there too. He also had more Forced Fumbles than all of those

guys combined last season.

still don't think that's true. Harrison isn't a longterm answer, and they now have maybe the least athletic LB corp in the league.

^^This

I don't think it's removing an early round LB at all. Burfict would be the best pass coverage LB and that's not saying much. We still need a quality early round WLB in Arthur Brown or Sio Moore, or cheap deal with Howard to slide Burfict over to MLB and kick Maualuga to the bench. I can't believe the coaches would stick with Maualuga in the middle for another year.

I'll be shocked if he gets even remotely enough snaps to come close to those numbers.  He's probably going to be primarily in on run downs, and Lawson had less snaps last year than Harrison had total pass rushes and that's with Harrison missing 3 games.  He's probably 2-3 sacks top type of guy this year.

Problem is you are assuming he comes off the field on passing downs like Lawson did. I don't think that's necessarily the case.

Archived