Barkley would become a distraction and waste of a 4th round pick imo. Still tons of talent on the board. Lattimore is intriguing, but has little special teams value due to his durability concerns. If he's there he'd be hard to pass up but I seriously doubt they will do it.

Id like to see a Khaseem Greene , Barrett Jones, or Da'Rick Rogers in rd 4. I also wouldnt be opposed to taking another S or Corner.

Barkley would become a distraction and waste of a 4th round pick imo. Still tons of talent on the board. Lattimore is intriguing, but has little special teams value due to his durability concerns. If he's there he'd be hard to pass up but I seriously doubt they will do it.

Id like to see a Khaseem Greene , Barrett Jones, or Da'Rick Rogers in rd 4. I also wouldnt be opposed to taking another S or Corner.

I'd definitely go Rogers.  If he's cleaned up his act, he's a #1 WR caliber talent.  Come back in 5 with another safety.  Take BPA with the last 4 picks.

Disagree with the first part, put COMPLETELY AGREE with the 2nd.

the tricky thing with the Bengals drafting a QB this year is that they either needed to draft a guy who could definitely beat out Skelton, or draft a guy who has a lot of potential, but isn't good enough that he'll get stolen at cut down day or off the practice squad.

I don't think they can keep 3 QB's on the roster this year, especially when they may keep 4 TE's, and likely will keep 4 RB's again.

the tricky thing with the Bengals drafting a QB this year is that they either needed to draft a guy who could definitely beat out Skelton, or draft a guy who has a lot of potential, but isn't good enough that he'll get stolen at cut down day or off the practice squad.

I don't think they can keep 3 QB's on the roster this year, especially when they may keep 4 TE's, and likely will keep 4 RB's again.

Skelton seems ready made for the "WinKowski" role, he's done that with the Cards already a few times - pulled out a W that the defense had held close - and the Cards in 2011.  He was 5-2 down the stretch, and one of those losses was to us, and he had them pretty damn close there.

Hobson likes him too - he already has the title "Skelton Key to Bengals Win" picked out for an article.

Good point. If they draft a keeper, make sure that he plays really horrible in pre-season games and put him on the practice squad.

Archived