!!!THE BENGALS @ BEARS GAME THREAD!!!

I guess there's a logjam at the position but I'm still somewhat surprised Hunt isn't playing.  His special teams value alone would make me think he'd play over say, Brandon Thompson.

We were told when we drafted him hunt wouldn't be ready for a little bit, he hasn't played football very long and need technique work. I think hell get in eventually but not for a while.

#Bears inactives: WR Marquess Wilson, CB CJ Wilson, RB Michael Ford, OL James Brown, TE Dante Rosario, DE David Bass & DT Zach Minter.

Going in with just 4 WR...I guess the 2 TE formations will be a staple.

I expect that to be the preferred formation all season.  Green, Sanu, Eifert and Gresham.  Can really cause some headaches and its a formation they can easily run or pass out of.

I guess there's a logjam at the position but I'm still somewhat surprised Hunt isn't playing.  His special teams value alone would make me think he'd play over say, Brandon Thompson.

But Hunt didn't play much on special teams in the preseason, which was sort of an indicator where this was going. I do wish they had given him more of a look on field goal defense, though. Some things do transfer easily from college to the pros. That might have been one of them. Hunt's functional height aided by wingspan and athletic ability may be unmatched in the NFL.

Archived