Question for the "Dalton Haters"...hypothetically

Ha ipad fixed it. Shouldn't dalton notice these things?

depends on the play.  If you're throwing it to a specific spot, expecting your WR to get there and he doesn't, bad things could happen.  

We all want Dalton to lead WR's and throw them open.  That requires throwing to a spot before they get there.

Matt Stafford can force the ball to Calvin Johnson regardless of the coverage

Andy Dalton cannot force the ball to AJ Green regardless of the coverage

... not because Calvin is just so much better than AJ, but because Dalton is that much worse than Stafford.

i don't agree.

true andy doesn't have the rocket arm stafford does, but he wasn't a #1 overall pick like stafford was either. you need to keep in mind when you sign one of those overall #1's, you don't get to balance your cap throughout the rest of your squad, because you're paying that QB that top salary.

AJ green might have more yards than megatron, but he's not the player megatron is. he doesn't have the speed, the fearlessness, the physicality, OR the will to go get the ball that megatron does. most importantly, he's much easier to take out of the game, and doesn't possess the ability to put the team on his back when it's required that megatron does.

i don't agree.

true andy doesn't have the rocket arm stafford does, but he wasn't a #1 overall pick like stafford was either. you need to keep in mind when you sign one of those overall #1's, you don't get to balance your cap throughout the rest of your squad, because you're paying that QB that top salary.

AJ green might have more yards than megatron, but he's not the player megatron is. he doesn't have the speed, the fearlessness, the physicality, OR the will to go get the ball that megatron does. most importantly, he's much easier to take out of the game, and doesn't possess the ability to put the team on his back when it's required that megatron does.

While Green may not be the physical receiver that Megatron is, Green still commands double coverage much of the time which allows the rest of the team to get their catches in.  The size differential between the two is hardly comparable.  In the end, Green IS as important of a receiver as any current receiver in the NFL.

AP-Bengals-Lions-Football.jpg

Actually, ESPN created the QBR, not the NFL. It's probably a terrible product on purpose. It allows articles such as, "Tebow posts better QBR than Rodgers" to exist even though Rodgers actually won his game and threw for more than 100 yards.

this is no shit. for some stupid reason, i was listening to the WLW 700 call-in show with ken broo last night. a fucking hillbilly called in and asked broo why didn't the team cut andy dalton. broo said "OK, who would you replace him with if we do".  he said tim tebow, then proceeded to spout off his college accomplishments as a reason why. i laughed so hard i damned near fell out of my chair in the process...had real tears in my eyes!

after composing myself i was left with a lingering thought. which one of the idiot "andy haters" on go-bengals.com was the hillbilly that actually made that phone call?

i would appreciate some honesty here. which one of you dumb bastards was the guy who made that call? come on, it's time to step up and support your case to your bengal brothers who reside here. you owe us that much!

The size differential between the two is hardly comparable.

did you REALLY say that? maybe i took your words wrong...hope so.

aside from that, it still doesn't change one thing that i posted, however, all of which are true. you can throw experience into the mix along with what i've already mentioned.

While Green may not be the physical receiver that Megatron is, Green still commands double coverage much of the time which allows the rest of the team to get their catches in.  The size differential between the two is hardly comparable.  In the end, Green IS as important of a receiver as any current receiver in the NFL.

Goddamn, Megatron is built like a brick shithouse. Dude is HUGE. He's still the best overall wideout in the NFL in my book. At one point in the game yesterday I turned to my girlfriend while the Detroit/Pittsburgh score scrolled on the screen and said "How ridiculous would it be if Megatron and AJ both lined up as the WR's for the Bengals on Sundays?"

this is no shit. for some stupid reason, i was listening to the WLW 700 call-in show with ken broo last night. a fucking hillbilly called in and asked broo why didn't the team cut andy dalton. broo said "OK, who would you replace him with if we do".  he said tim tebow, then proceeded to spout off his college accomplishments as a reason why. i laughed so hard i damned near fell out of my chair in the process...had real tears in my eyes!

after composing myself i was left with a lingering thought. which one of the idiot "andy haters" on go-bengals.com was the hillbilly that actually made that phone call?

i would appreciate some honesty here. which one of you dumb bastards was the guy who made that call? come on, it's time to step up and support your case to your bengal brothers who reside here. you owe us that much!

Why would you automatically assume it was a member here? Most of the mouth breathers that would suggest such a crazy thing as cutting Dalton and replacing him with Tebow can't even read, which is a basic requirement for participating on a messageboard.

Why would you automatically assume it was a member here? Most of the mouth breathers that would suggest such a crazy thing as cutting Dalton and replacing him with Tebow can't even read, which is a basic requirement for participating on a messageboard.

based off of the dumb shit i read on here every day, there's a helluva good chance he's indeed one of our own!

• 2 weeks later...

So what about Mike Vixk for a year or two? He is out in Philly, ran a similar offense, has the arm strength we need and we were interested in him before he went to Philly?

Hell no.... the point of replacing Dalton would be to get better, not worse. Plus, we'd be stuck playing our backup after a month.

Hell no.... the point of replacing Dalton would be to get better, not worse. Plus, we'd be stuck playing our backup after a month.

Michael Weston has some off the wall comments about his idea of improving the team.... but you summed it up nicely....  hell no!. 

Michael Weston has some off the wall comments about his idea of improving the team.... but you summed it up nicely....  hell no!.

Please let me know what are some off the wall ideas about improving this team? These types of fly by comments are very annoying.

Vicks stats this year compared to Daltons
54% completion percentage 1,215 yards 5tds-3ints 86.4 passer rating
61% completion percentage 2,954 yards 21tds-15ints 85.2 passer rating

Way too late to make a change.

I meant the offseason.

Bottom-line this team is 8-4 but with some awfully close wins that shouldn't have been as close and some close losses that shouldn't have been.  The defense has carried this team which is fine, but has carried too much of the load.  The offense has the talent that it should be able to score practically at will.  17 Points against #27 defense in the league?  Only one main reason - Andy "the Red-headed Equalizer" Dalton.

Please let me know what are some off the wall ideas about improving this team? These types of fly by comments are very annoying.

I meant the offseason.

That's not better... look how well the Philly offense is doing without Vick. Plus, he'll be hurt by week 3 and Dalton will be playing anyway.

Vick isn't the answer.  I don't know what the answer is, but I know what the answer isn't.  IMO Vick is just as streaky as Dalton.  I think we need consistency more than greatness, playing one good half of football in the playoffs won't win us any games.

I meant the offseason.

First, this idea is totally absurd and you need your head checked if you think Mike Vick is any kind of upgrade over Dalton.

Second, if we're going by stats, Mike Vick has had ONE season with 60+ comp% (Dalton has 2, rookie year was 58.2%), never thrown more than 21 TDs (Dalton's lowest total was 20 as a rookie), has one fewer 3000yd season in 11 seasons playing (Dalton has 3k+ in all 3), and has played in 16 games exactly once. He's not a good passer and is overrated as a running threat. 

Andy Dalton, for as bad as he's looked in short bursts this season is projected to finish his first three seasons on the league with 11,000 passing yards and 30 wins.

No Bengal quarterback has posted those numbers over ANY three year span.

For those of you who'd like to see him replaced, I have this advice... Shut up and enjoy the ride.

I proposed it as a question to see what you thought, but I am really surprised by the agressive negativity on this one. There are a lot of positives here but everyone seems to think that Vick is awful. The guy who beat him out hasn't thrown a pic yet. He is legit.

Another guy I would be heavily interested in would be Glennon from Tampa Bay. I think he is going to be very good and if Schiano is fired and they havea high pick (right now 5th) they might just grab a QB to be the face of the new coaches franchise.

I proposed it as a question to see what you thought, but I am really surprised by the agressive negativity on this one. There are a lot of positives here but everyone seems to think that Vick is awful. The guy who beat him out hasn't thrown a pic yet. He is legit.

Another guy I would be heavily interested in would be Glennon from Tampa Bay. I think he is going to be very good and if Schiano is fired and they havea high pick (right now 5th) they might just grab a QB to be the face of the new coaches franchise.

You always do that though. Propose something dumb then get mad when people bash you for it. I think you enjoy that and that's why you keep doing it. You think everyone should just listen to your crazy ideas then have a nice civil conversation about them. In an ideal world maybe it would work that way but on a message board if you say crazy things you'll likely get bashed for them. Just the way it works.

Archived