Steelers Week Notes Part Deux

Their secondary is a wreck. If we cannot move the ball on them it will be because either Gruden calls a stupid game or because Dalton gets happy feet, or both. We SHOULD be able to run the ball right through that defense with the oline configured as it currently is. There's no more time for excuses....this is crunch time. We are 9-4 and are chasing the #2 seed in the AFC. With the injury to Gronk, the way NE is BARELY squeaking out some of their wins, the fact that we own the tiebreaker over them and our schedules in comparison, there's no reason to believe that we cannot at least finish 11-5, if not 12-4. Finishing 9-7 again would be a MONUMENTAL collapse, even if we still won the division. We WANT that extra home game. We NEED it. We are UNDEFEATED at home this season so far. 

And it all starts with putting the hammer down on Shittsburgh in the next game on prime time, a place and time where the bengals tend to trip over their own dick. That CANNOT happen! This team is supposed to be better than that, but our record in nationally televised games under Lewis is pretty shitty.

I am convinced at this point that the only team that can beat the Bengals is themselves, through turnovers, penalties, etc. If we avoid those things we should win out.

Praise Jesus!

:lol:

-Bungholio

Their secondary is a wreck. If we cannot move the ball on them it will be because either Gruden calls a stupid game or because Dalton gets happy feet, or both. We SHOULD be able to run the ball right through that defense with the oline configured as it currently is. There's no more time for excuses....this is crunch time. We are 9-4 and are chasing the #2 seed in the AFC. With the injury to Gronk, the way NE is BARELY squeaking out some of their wins, the fact that we own the tiebreaker over them and our schedules in comparison, there's no reason to believe that we cannot at least finish 11-5, if not 12-4. Finishing 9-7 again would be a MONUMENTAL collapse, even if we still won the division. We WANT that extra home game. We NEED it. We are UNDEFEATED at home this season so far. 

And it all starts with putting the hammer down on Shittsburgh in the next game on prime time, a place and time where the bengals tend to trip over their own dick. That CANNOT happen! This team is supposed to be better than that, but our record in nationally televised games under Lewis is pretty shitty.

I am convinced at this point that the only team that can beat the Bengals is themselves, through turnovers, penalties, etc. If we avoid those things we should win out.

Praise Jesus!

:lol:

-Bungholio

I'm glad you got all that out of your system. You'll sleep well tonight.

I don't understand either.  Collinsworth is a Bengals season ticket holder.  He is a Bengals fan.  He may be over-complimentary of the Steelers at times, but he is one of us.

As far as I've seen, Zimmer doesn't shadow receivers. Brown is going to be lining up at Z or Y, so he probably won't line up with Adam once.

with the injury situation being what it is, it will be interesting to see if he deviates from that. adam's our only experienced corner left, and brown is clearly the stealers #1 threat.

with the injury situation being what it is, it will be interesting to see if he deviates from that. adam's our only experienced corner left, and brown is clearly the stealers #1 threat.

It's going to be a battle. Jones played well in the last game but he can be inconsistent and prone to costly penalties. I think Dre is up to the task. He's going to have to be. What is our nickel/dime arrangement now that Newman is out?  Jones/Dre/Ghee and ???

As much as I am hearing praise being heaped on our depth it is now being sorely tested at what is in my mind the wrong time of the year for that to happen. We are ONE injury away from signing a CB off our practice squad (if we even have one) or someone off the street. I don't think there are any Chris Crocker's available for us at CB at this point.

It's now or never. Make it happen Zimmer!

-Bungholio

I disagree. The Bengals play them pretty even in Pitt. Twice we clinched a playoff spot in Pitt. 2005 we clinched the division and last year we knocked them out of the playoffs. Now at home?---we beat them twice in MLs tenure--this year and 2009. That is one of the big things I have hated about Marvin... Pitt owning us in our own house. I don't know why but ML has a fair record in Pitt.

I disagree. The Bengals play them pretty even in Pitt. Twice we clinched a playoff spot in Pitt. 2005 we clinched the division and last year we knocked them out of the playoffs. Now at home?---we beat them twice in MLs tenure--this year and 2009. That is one of the big things I have hated about Marvin... Pitt owning us in our own house. I don't know why but ML has a fair record in Pitt.

2005 we clinches at Detroit. But yes we did beat them at Pitt that year.

If he talked about the stealers the way we do on this board he would lose his job.

So it's OK for him to over-compensate by sucking their dicks every fucking play?  Even when the stealers are losing a game that he's calling, he still finds something to suck their dick about. Fuck him.

So it's OK for him to over-compensate by sucking their dicks every fucking play?  Even when the stealers are losing a game that he's calling, he still finds something to suck their dick about. Fuck him.

Eh,  when Cris came into the league it was instilled by Forest Gregg that they must topple the Steel Curtain.    They did.   Started with respect.   Gregg wasn't going to defeat Chuck Knoll and the Steel curtain by blowing smoke up their ass about how they are cheaters, dirty, toothless inbreds.  

Haven't gone through the record books but going by gut feel, the team's Cris played probably recorded the best winning percentage over the Steelers.

Like it or not,  we play in a division and our biggest rival happens to be the NFL's model of consistency.    Sucks. 

Also self serving in many ways on his part probably not done on purpose but his Cincinnati Bengals teams toppled a great franchise more times than they got beat.     If it were me,  I'd be telling people that alot and wouldn't downgrade the opponent.

Has anything official been said about Pressley?

no.  I keep reading conflicting things about his deadline.  One had it as the Indy game.    Another article had it a 3 week window starting November 19th.  

Which would make the deadline today to add him to the 53 man roster.  

So IMO its either already passed (which I think we would have heard something), or its today.  So I kind of expect to hear something today.

no.  I keep reading conflicting things about his deadline.  One had it as the Indy game.    Another article had it a 3 week window starting November 19th.  

Which would make the deadline today to add him to the 53 man roster.  

So IMO its either already passed (which I think we would have heard something), or its today.  So I kind of expect to hear something today.

I tweeted Reedy about it yesterday, his opinion was the Colts game was the deadline.

I tweeted Reedy about it yesterday, his opinion was the Colts game was the deadline.

yea I've read a few different things.  today is the end of the 3 week window that opened when he started practicing November 19th.

Here's another article that states week 15, which is this week.  http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/104789/a-look-at-new-nfl-language-on-pup-rules

So I really think today is D-Day.

At any time during the 21-day practice period, or prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the day after the conclusion of the 21-day period, clubs are permitted to restore such players on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform to their Active/Inactive List.

Yesterday was day 21.  So that makes today at 4pm the deadline.

my hunch is today you see Pressley and Lewis-Harris brought up.  Roland and Schaeffer cut, with Schaeffer taking Lewis-Harris' practice squad spot.

Roland brought back in a couple of weeks when Newman is healthy, and Lewis-Harris cut again.

I bet you can solve a Rubik's cube as well.   :26:

Going to need good DB play with their WR and TE groups getting healthy and on the field.... Hope Adam, Crocker, Dre, Ghee and co. are up to the task...

Also, looks like we can test their depth on D since half the starting group played every snap last game.  I hope Gruden gets them in up-tempo early and often to wear their D down.

A look at the Steelers' snap counts from Sunday

December, 9, 2013
By Scott Brown | ESPN.com

PITTSBURGH -- A little more than a week after the Steelers almost ran out of offensive linemen at Baltimore, they didn’t have to do any in-game shuffling because of injuries. All five starters played every offensive snap (66).

-- The Steelers used three wide receivers so frequently that Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders each played 58 snaps, while Jerricho Cotchery logged 55 snaps. Rookie Markus Wheaton played just four snaps, and he was targeted one time, on a deep pass that fell incomplete in the third quarter.

-- Tight end Matt Spaeth played 15 snaps in his first game since sustaining a Lisfranc injury during training camp. Most of those came in the first half when the Steelers ran the ball – and ran it well – with a bigger personnel grouping.

-- Cortez Allen started at cornerback and didn’t come off the field. Allen, who covered the speedy Mike Wallace, was one of five defensive players on the field for all 62 of the Dolphins’ defensive snaps. Troy Polamalu, Ryan Clark, Jason Worilds and Lawrence Timmons also played every snap. Will Allen, the Steelers’ third safety in the quarter package, played almost 75 percent of the snaps. Rookie Shamarko Thomas, who had been the third safety in the quarter defense, played only on special teams against the Dolphins.

-- LaMarr Woodley rotated at right outside linebacker with Jarvis Jones, but the seventh-year veteran played the bulk of the snaps. Woodley played 41 snaps compared to 21 for Jones, who lost contain on a 48-yard run by Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill late in the first quarter.

-- Woodley had only played a handful of snaps at right outside linebacker before Sunday, and his inexperience on that side may have loomed large on the play of the game. Tight end Charles Clay, who tormented the Steelers as a receiver, hooked Woodley – legally – and helped spring Daniel Thomas for a 55-yard run.

-- Everything went right for the Dolphins on Thomas’ run – or wrong for the Steelers, depending on your vantage point. Woodley, Cameron Heyward and Ike Taylor were among those who could not get off blocks. Polamalu, who took the blame for not getting to his assigned gap, was taken out by a textbook cut block from center Mike Pouncey. Once Thomas broke into the open field, Clark did the right thing but funneling him to the middle of the field, but Allen slipped on the turf as he tried to tackle Thomas. That is the kind of season it has been for the Steelers – and why they are 5-8.

Archived