Ravens week notes

Me wonders if Rice just said eff it this off-season after getting paid.  Complete night and day difference.  Going down at first contact when he used to be slippery.

He's had 350 touches or so for years, and played an extra month last year getting to the Super Bowl.  For a back relying on speed, he might be starting to lose that step he needs because of that workload.

Me wonders if Rice just said eff it this off-season after getting paid.  Complete night and day difference.  Going down at first contact when he used to be slippery.

Dunno about that. He signed his deal before the 2012 season.

I think he's just been injured and has worn down some from paying so many snaps early in his career.

Dunno about that. He signed his deal before the 2012 season.

I think he's just been injured and has worn down some from paying so many snaps early in his career.

the ravens offense got exposed,when they moved from Cam Cameron's offensive scheme to Jim Caldwell's offensive scheme.what really hurt the ravens,was changing their protection scheme and trying make Joe flacco, Payton manning.

Not sure what is going on with Rice but when the wheels start to come off for a Rb they come off fast usually.

lapham said tonight he thought rice looked heavier, more sluggish...said he even looked heavier in his face. that he's obviously not the same player we once knew.

he also said suggs looked heavier, and that even though pitta is back, he doesn't appear to be back to his normal self yet.

Here is an interview from this morning on the NFL Network with Marvin Lewis.  He basically just says his usual "we just have to make plays" coachspeak...

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Marvin-Lewis-At-some-point-we-have-to-win-on-the-road/fdfb0517-7ff8-44c9-b5f0-2f195ae88b9f

If neither Gresham or Eifert can go, what do the Bengals do? Is Alex Smith still going through concussion protocol? It's possible they only have Orson Charles available. 3 WR sets? 4 WR sets? OL playing TE? Sounds like Gruden and the offense might really get tested this Sunday.

If neither Gresham or Eifert can go, what do the Bengals do? Is Alex Smith still going through concussion protocol? It's possible they only have Orson Charles available. 3 WR sets? 4 WR sets? OL playing TE? Sounds like Gruden and the offense might really get tested this Sunday.

I'd go 4 wide with Green Sanu Jones and Hawkins. Charles hasn't played enough in the offense for my liking this year to put him in the base o.

Who knows. After seeing him line up all over the place last week, I wouldn't be shocked to see Sanu line up at TE.

...off topic of that: I'm eagerly awaiting the goaline play where they actually throw it to Peko. I know he's run a decoy route at least once, and they have to make it work sometime.

Well, at least CBS is treating us at their most important game of the weekend, considering that they're sending the #1 crew to Cincinnati:

1. Jim Nantz/Phil Simms and Bill Cowher
  2. Greg Gumbel/Dan Dierdorf/Tracy Wolfson
  3. Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts
  4. Marv Albert or Spero Dedes or Andrew Catalon/Rich Gannon
  5. Kevin Harlan/Solomon Wilcots
  6. Bill Macatee or Spero Dedes or Don Criqui/Steve Tasker
  7. Spero Dedes/Steve Beuerlein
  8. Andrew Catalon/Adam Archuleta

Crews / Games:

1. (Nantz) BAL@CIN Early

2. (Gumbel) NYJ@MIA Early

3. (Eagle) BUF@NEP Late

4. (Albert) KCC@SDC Late

5. (Harlan) DEN@OAK Late

6. (Macatee) JAX@IND Early

7. (Dedes) CLE@PIT Early

8. (Catalon) HOU@TEN Early

Those at home should expect healthy look-ins between the Ravens-Bengals and Jets-Dolphins games, considering that CBS has assigned their top two squads to those two games.  The other 3 early games have the three lowest-ranked squads covering it, so don't expect CBS to care much about them.

And for the record, the FOX teams and assignments are:

1. Joe Buck or Thom Brennaman/Troy Aikman/Pam Oliver
  2. Kenny Albert/Daryl Johnston/Tony Siragusa
  3. Thom Brennaman or Sam Rosen or Dick Stockton/Brian Billick/Laura Okmin
  4. Kevin Burkhardt/John Lynch/Erin Andrews
  5. Chris Myers/Tim Ryan/Jennifer Hale
  6. Dick Stockton/Ronde Barber/Kris Budden
  7. Sam Rosen or Tom McCarthy or Gus Johnson/Heath Evans or Charles Davis/Molly McGrath or Lisa Byington or Peter Schrager

1. (Buck) GBB@CHI Late

2. (Albert) SFF@ARI Late

3. (Brennaman) TBB@NOS Late

4. (Burkhardt) CAR@ATL Early

5. (Myers) STL@SEA Late

6. (Stockton) WAS@NYG Early

7. (Gus Johnson) DET@MIN Early

FOX's top 3 teams are all doing late games, so it looks like they're conceding the 1pm slot to CBS.  Bengals' + Dolphins' games will be center-stage nationally on Sunday.

Archived