Superbowl bound if it wasn't for AJ Green and Kyle Cook

Then you get a chance to punt and live another day. Who gives a shit if the drive stalls. Punt the fucking ball and don't turn it over and shift to momentum and/or field position. Turnovers are game killers. The stats on that are overwhelming. Take the fuckjng god damn sack and punt the fucking ball!!! Tossing a floating lame duck with defenders around while falling backwards won't get it done. Hell I'm willing to give up an int with aggressive chances if the situation calls for it. Dalton is either to stupid to figure it out or his Texas sized ego keeps telling him he can get the ball to his guy. I personal think he is just stupid.

Hence why I said over and over again he shouldn't have turned the ball over and him turning the ball over was the nail in the coffin.

The point about the line sucking in the third was just meant to show that we weren't in control of te game prior to Dalton's turnovers. Some peoe said we would win as long as he didn't turn It over but we were losing before he turned it over. The offense was going to have to make plays to win that game in the second half, not just not turn the ball over like some think. His turnovers cost us a chance to come back though.

Sam Wyche? Dear God...

People use the phrase "good old days" because they prefer to think of happier times. Sam Wyche took the Bengals to the playoffs twice in eight years. His teams were fun to watch and he was a funny guy. The only reason his teams didn't break our hearts more often was because they played so many games that didn't mean anything.

Old Sam used to regularly go 0 for September while they figured things out.  If the team went 2-0 it was playoff time.

After this past weekend... and by no means am I a Dalton fan...  I think he has his limitations for sure...  but when speaking of turnovers, etc.

He's only 1 year more veteran in this league than "wonder prospect greatest since Peyton Manning" Andrew Luck... to date - in 3 seasons Dalton has 3 game appearances - 6 INT's 1 fumble, Andrew Luck in 2 seasons has 3 game appearances - 8 INT's, 1 fumble...

One is considered average... the other is going to "carry the Manning and Brady torch for years to come"...  think maybe we judge qb's too quickly in the NFL?

If Luck was surrounded with the same level of talent as Dalton would he have that many turnovers?

Honest question.

No, that is why he and dalton cant be compared in a vaccuum.  He beat KC, 28 pts down, with T.Y. Hilton and Donald Brown.  He has knowhere near the weapons Andy Dalton has.  Its not even remotely close.

No, that is why he and dalton cant be compared in a vaccuum.  He beat KC, 28 pts down, with T.Y. Hilton and Donald Brown.  He has knowhere near the weapons Andy Dalton has.  Its not even remotely close.

KC also lost half their team to injuries and the coaches played the softest defense possible. Every comparison has it's own variables. It's almost impossible to accurately compare two guys. I'd rather have Luck than Dalton but that's not an option. So, I'm excited to see how Dalton does with Hue.

After this past weekend... and by no means am I a Dalton fan...  I think he has his limitations for sure...  but when speaking of turnovers, etc.

He's only 1 year more veteran in this league than "wonder prospect greatest since Peyton Manning" Andrew Luck... to date - in 3 seasons Dalton has 3 game appearances - 6 INT's 1 fumble, Andrew Luck in 2 seasons has 3 game appearances - 8 INT's, 1 fumble...

One is considered average... the other is going to "carry the Manning and Brady torch for years to come"...  think maybe we judge qb's too quickly in the NFL?

Way too quickly. 

If Luck was surrounded with the same level of talent as Dalton would he have that many turnovers?

Honest question.

Fair question.  I don't know...

He was down 28 points due to HIS turnovers!!! 

KC also lost half their team to injuries and the coaches played the softest defense possible. Every comparison has it's own variables. It's almost impossible to accurately compare two guys. I'd rather have Luck than Dalton but that's not an option. So, I'm excited to see how Dalton does with Hue.

This.  Luck led that comeback throwing against 3rd and 4th string cornerbacks... when he was going against 1's he had 4 picks. 

Way too quickly. 

Agreed.

Again, I'm not saying that Andy Dalton is the answer - I've actually been one of his harshest critics.  But it is just funny people saying Luck is the next Manning / Brady and you look at stats and they say otherwise.  I love that Gruden is gone - I still don't think Gruden, most of the time, put guys in the best position to succeed.  I believe Hue will hold Dalton accountable and build the run game as well.  Just my humble opinion.

Andy Dalton isn't going to be successful driving the ball down the field continually, period.  He's going to succeed with a short pass game, running the ball, and picking your spots to drive the ball down the field typically off play action.

AJ Green isn't a good option to run bubble / WR screens to.  He's a reed thin long strider.  Throw those screens to Hawkins / Sanu that are close area quick.

Bernard should have touched the ball more than he did.

Was Eifert used effectively this year?  Our Graham / Hernandez that ran away from linebackers or over powered safeties?

Funny thing is, Manning had those kind of performances when he first started playing the playoffs too.   No one has any patience when judging these guys, and everyone makes the mistake of comparing the new guys to the old guys NOW, instead of how they were when they started.

Fair question.  I don't know...

He was down 28 points due to HIS turnovers!!! 

This.  Luck led that comeback throwing against 3rd and 4th string cornerbacks... when he was going against 1's he had 4 picks. 

Agreed.

Again, I'm not saying that Andy Dalton is the answer - I've actually been one of his harshest critics.  But it is just funny people saying Luck is the next Manning / Brady and you look at stats and they say otherwise.  I love that Gruden is gone - I still don't think Gruden, most of the time, put guys in the best position to succeed.  I believe Hue will hold Dalton accountable and build the run game as well.  Just my humble opinion.

Andy Dalton isn't going to be successful driving the ball down the field continually, period.  He's going to succeed with a short pass game, running the ball, and picking your spots to drive the ball down the field typically off play action.

AJ Green isn't a good option to run bubble / WR screens to.  He's a reed thin long strider.  Throw those screens to Hawkins / Sanu that are close area quick.

Bernard should have touched the ball more than he did.

Was Eifert used effectively this year?  Our Graham / Hernandez that ran away from linebackers or over powered safeties?

Did we run a TE screen at all this year? I feel like Gresham would be ideal for that play. He ALWAYS gets YAC. Him matched up against a DB is a huge win for the offense. And everyone loves watching him truck some poor unsuspecting safety.

Funny thing is, Manning had those kind of performances when he first started playing the playoffs too.   No one has any patience when judging these guys, and everyone makes the mistake of comparing the new guys to the old guys NOW, instead of how they were when they started.

I agree with this.

Did we run a TE screen at all this year? I feel like Gresham would be ideal for that play. He ALWAYS gets YAC. Him matched up against a DB is a huge win for the offense. And everyone loves watching him truck some poor unsuspecting safety.

We did actually to Gresham a few times.  And, it was typically good for 7-9 yards every time.  Gresham's screen is akin to Denver's screen to Demaryius Thomas... Demaryius is a hell of a lot bigger than Green so for fans to think we should do the same with Green is crazy.  Those bigger guys are trying to break through a tackle for a positive yardage play.

Probably could use it more though, tbh.

Amazingly, fans now have less patience and even shorter memories now than they did in those halcyon days of the late 1990's....oh so long ago...

Archived