** Anti-Fatass GoBengals ** time to not be fat anymore!

GoBengals

Khatmandude, what you think are the health benefits of snorting a rail of Stevia every day before work?  

There are plenty.  For one, you're substituting it for cocaine.  Not to mention snorting it allows it to hit your bloodstream much quicker.  Ain't nobody got time for intestines to digest and metabolize.  

I suggest, as a  non medical doctor with a degree with high honors from Dr Nick Riviera's College of Backalley Medicine, that you continue this practice for the foreseeable future.  

I also suggest starting your own thread and tracking this practice, similar to this thread that Go created.   

I haven't seen or heard of many success stories that didn't have some strife attached. Keep focused. Remember one thing... How nice will it be to have your grand kids over during the holidays ? You may not have them now but you will eventually. It is a thought that enters into my head every time I get the craving for a cigarette.

My oldest son moved in with his girlfriend finally in Chicago. The youngest is looking for a place with his longtime girlfriend (over 5 years). I want them to have the same thing I had while going through the trials and tribulations of adulthood. Can't do that if I fail to maintain the manageable things in my life.

In other words, keep focused on your goals. It's not all about the here and now but about the future of yourself and your family.

• 3 weeks later...

just ate dinner before i weighed, not that it would be a HUGE difference, also been eating like crazy for the last week, trip to florida, lots of fast food/pizza/stadium food, and holidays at work, every day except one since ive been back some department bought us donuts and pizza or burritos, etc..

not their fault i ate it... but my defenses were already weakened...

healthy track kicks off again tomorrow..

sidenote: pistachios are expensive as fuck...but super delicious...

i am also wondering how long it will take my extra skin to catch up with the lack of fatness under it...my midsection looks like a bulldogs face. #grossvisual

Stretched skin pretty much stays stretched, man. Lose weight too fast and it will be fucking horrible.

MULLY

• 5 weeks later...

tossed on about 10 lbs(including what i just ate) over the last month.. today starts the refocus on getting under 300..

quite the landslide when you get out of the habit, then add the stress of post holiday debt and such..

today is test #1.. off work so no outside nonsense/influence.

tossed on about 10 lbs(including what i just ate) over the last month.. today starts the refocus on getting under 300..

quite the landslide when you get out of the habit, then add the stress of post holiday debt and such..

today is test #1.. off work so no outside nonsense/influence.

I went up 13 pounds and am back down 8 since the Marathon. No 0 days. 

And with the skin....just lose weight slowly and you will be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

been rough.. lots of good bye lunches im letting myself get sucked into and eating horribly at..

will power is about half what it was initially, so i decided i needed to get activity involved.. i think it will help two fold, one, obviously activity is good for the cause in itself.. and secondly, it will be another form of accountability, like "dont eat that fucking pizza, it will wipe out those miles you walked this morning" kind of mindset..

i need to be at 275 come mid july. personal goal for the year is 250 by 2016, i am at 316 as of today..

took my kids to the fieldhouse, played basketball for 2 hours, according to my phone i took 4-5,000 steps doing that... then a few days later i just went there and walked the track(indoor), walked 3 miles, took about 75-90 minutes, i wasnt doing any kind of speed walking or jogging, literally just strolling around at about 3 MPH according to my phone..

i think i can walk 3 miles a day 3-5 days a week. either before or after work... kids get on the bus at 8:50, i can get to the fieldhouse by 9, walk until 10:30-11, then go to work on days i work the evening.. and do it right after work on days i work early.. and mid day on days i dont work at all..

Good plan.  I find myself feeling like crap if I let my activity level go down too much or if I get stuck sitting all day. 

Completely agree.  

In Germany, I was walking most everywhere...even to the bus and tram and train stops, I was walking to them, from them....just walking all the time.  Now that I'm back, I'm not walking so much....not nearly at the level I was in Munich.  My digestion has worsened, energy levels have decreased, appetite has decreased along with a host of other things I've noticed.  Amazing what activity can do for you....our bodies are designed to be in motion.  

Good plan.  I find myself feeling like crap if I let my activity level go down too much or if I get stuck sitting all day. 

Same here..  My job involves a whole lot of sitting on my ass.  When the weather's good I get out quite a bit on the weekends - work long shifts so I get a long weekend, too - but during the winter I've got to really make a point of going for a walk or something or I start feeling like shit.

hit 320 yesterday... didnt weigh today.. too grumpy about that 320..

walked 3.6 miles before work today...

going to try to get another one in later tonight.. atleast 1 mile...

You'll find the physical activity becomes addicting if you stick with it. 

And this is the setback you knew would happen eventually.  Don't get too down on yourself and use it as motivation to back on track (which appears you've done).

And stay irritated; it'll help you stay focused on your goal. 

Same here..  My job involves a whole lot of sitting on my ass.  When the weather's good I get out quite a bit on the weekends - work long shifts so I get a long weekend, too - but during the winter I've got to really make a point of going for a walk or something or I start feeling like shit.

I'm fortunate that my boss bought me a standing desk (an adjustable Ergotron that attaches to the top of an existing desk), and after using it for nearly 2 years, I will never go back to sitting for 10 hours per day.  That shit will kill you... 

I'm fortunate that my boss bought me a standing desk (an adjustable Ergotron that attaches to the top of an existing desk), and after using it for nearly 2 years, I will never go back to sitting for 10 hours per day.  That shit will kill you... 

That sounds awesome!  I don't sit much.. My friends and family are always telling me to sit down.. Truth is, I just prefer to stand.  Even at work, I mostly stand and pace around, only sitting to do actual work or read.  I think it's my jacked-up metabolism, but I'm not complaining.. I need one of these standing desks!

That sounds awesome!  I don't sit much.. My friends and family are always telling me to sit down.. Truth is, I just prefer to stand.  Even at work, I mostly stand and pace around, only sitting to do actual work or read.  I think it's my jacked-up metabolism, but I'm not complaining.. I need one of these standing desks!

haha and I wish I did more standing at work.

This is the model I have:  http://www.ergotron.com/ProductsDetails/tabid/65/PRDID/378/language/en-US/Default.aspx

I wish I had gotten the worksurface accessory, but I may buy it and add it later.  The key to using one of these is wearing comfortable shoes and a good anti-fatigue mat.  The mat I have is 'OK', but I really need to steal one like they use in the pharmacy; those things are awesome, but heinously expensive... 

Archived