Marvin Lewis calls Manziel a midget

Lets see if this goes over your head: I don't get paid millions of fucking beautiful American dollars to fail at my job for over a decade, brother.

But this isn't about me. Fuck your shitty analogies. Keep it 100. Why do you gotta try to make it about someone else or someone else's performance every fucking time someone gets called out. Its never THEIR fault. Everyone else is slacking also, so get over it.

That's a goddamn loser's mentality. You're a successful dude. Why the fuck are you so lenient with these fucks who get paid FUCKTONS more to be successful, when I KNOW you won't accept mediocre at best performance from people you employ?

Is homerism really THAT strong?

Fuck.

You want to go 100? Then, let's keep it 100. All you do is live and post by your emotions. You constantly and consistently act like a spoiled ass child, oscillating from one friggin mood swing to the next, constantly cursing at anyone that you disagree with in the moment. Football is a GAME, someone wins and loses just about everytime, but you and some of your friends on here, act like each loss is an affront to the football gods. In life, shit happens, it's how you deal with it happening that matters, whether you make $10 an hour, or a million an hour. And, by the way, EVERYONE that has ever managed, has accepted mediocre performance, as long as you feel you can move mediocre forward, and you feel mediocre is trying to be more than that. Marvin is a good man and a good coach. He may not now or ever be a great coach, but his players respect him, and take their mediocre talents to go fight for him. One bad quarter, or even four bad games, doesn't change that.

In August, watched #Browns scrimmage from sideline in Akron. Saw @JManziel2 in huddle. First thought: "Dude's a midget." There, I said it.

And yes, I apologize if I offended anyone.

Dang!  I really want to see him start now.

I want to see if when he steps up to the line if he nose is up the center's ass.

The question is........where does this rank among famous Cincinnati sports quotes?

1. You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati!!!  -Sam Wyche

2. ...and, and, and, they know they ain't got nuthin' cuz we got the ring, we got the money, we got everything thank you!!  -Chris Sabo

3. The Bearcats are number #1 in the country, but number #2 in their own City!!!  -Andy McWilliams

4. You gotta go defend the offense, you don't defend the player. Particularly a midget.  -Marvin Lewis

You want to go 100? Then, let's keep it 100. All you do is live and post by your emotions. You constantly and consistently act like a spoiled ass child, oscillating from one friggin mood swing to the next, constantly cursing at anyone that you disagree with in the moment. Football is a GAME, someone wins and loses just about everytime, but you and some of your friends on here, act like each loss is an affront to the football gods. In life, shit happens, it's how you deal with it happening that matters, whether you make $10 an hour, or a million an hour. And, by the way, EVERYONE that has ever managed, has accepted mediocre performance, as long as you feel you can move mediocre forward, and you feel mediocre is trying to be more than that. Marvin is a good man and a good coach. He may not now or ever be a great coach, but his players respect him, and take their mediocre talents to go fight for him. One bad quarter, or even four bad games, doesn't change that.

Kenneth definitely looked up the word oscillating. 

Marvin Lewis’s apology is lacking
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 9, 2014, 8:47 AM EST

de9bc55345a8c5670b2c2b0b5f640a6a.jpeg?w=

AP

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has apologized for referring to Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel as a “midget.” But Lewis apologized to the wrong people.

In his apology, Lewis mentioned Manziel, the Browns and Browns fans. Lewis failed to mention people of short stature, the people who, by extension, Lewis was really insulting.

I do not believe Lewis meant any offense with his choice of words. I do not believe the majority of people who use the word “midget” mean any offense. But the word is, indeed, offensive. Little People of America, a nonprofit organization that provides support for people of short stature, notes that the word has negative connotations and is often used as an insult toward the people with the more than 200 different medical conditions that are commonly referred to as types of dwarfism.

“While we understand that no group can dictate what words are spoken or images are projected, we hope to continue to raise awareness around the dwarfism community and use of the word ‘midget’ – a word that many people of short stature consider a slur and a word closely associated with the public objectification of people of short stature,” Little People of America says.

When I pointed out on Twitter that many short-statured people consider the word offensive, I was besieged by people telling me that I need to lighten up and that the world is too politically correct. Many of those people called me a “midget” and used other slurs as well, to emphasize that they won’t allow anyone to take away their right to slur anyone they please.

But I was also contacted by a few little people, some of whom identified themselves as Bengals fans, who told me that Lewis’s word hurt. One Bengals fan, Christopher Horndt, told me that he was disappointed in Lewis’s word choice but hopes the incident will become an opportunity for people to consider that their words can hurt.

“I am 3’5″ and have a type of dwarfism known as spondylopiphyseal dysplasia congenita,” Horndt told me via email. “In public, I get various reactions, ranging from children staring and shouting excitedly to his or her parents, ‘Look at the midget!’ or the children telling me to my face that I ‘don’t look like a real person.'”

Dave Spradlin was another Bengals fan who contacted me shortly after Lewis made his comment.

“I understand the stares and whatnot I receive on a daily basis (from both adults and children). It happens, I’m different,” Spradlin said. “But when someone, like Marvin did today, takes a word so offensive to a group of people who just want to live a normal life as much as they can, and uses it to try to hurt someone’s feelings or deface them or whatever he wants to call it. It’s straight wrong, unmoral, and ignorant. ‘Midget’ comes from freak shows and carnivals from years ago. It’s time he understood that. I’m a fan of the Bengals, but Marvin just left the most disgusting taste in my mouth.”

This isn’t about taking away anyone’s right to speak. This is about simple human decency, and not using words that offend others. I bet Marvin Lewis has heard slurs that anger him. I bet Lewis would be saddened if he heard his children called a slur. I bet if Lewis had a child with dwarfism, Lewis wouldn’t use the word “midget,” and he’d be infuriated if he heard others use it.

So if you wouldn’t want your own child to be slurred, why would you use a slur toward anyone else? The m-word is a word that all of us should take out of our vocabularies.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/09/marvin-lewiss-apology-is-lacking/

Marvin Lewis' mouth still a problem, could cost Bengals the division
December, 9, 2014
Dec 9
8:45
AM ET
By Coley Harvey | ESPN.com

CINCINNATI -- It's amazing that of his many recent verbal slip-ups, all it took for Marvin Lewis to finally issue an apology -- and possibly get back to the best practice of thinking before speaking -- was Johnny Manziel.

Is there anything Johnny Football can't do?

On Monday night, Lewis, the Cincinnati Bengals' 12th-year head coach, called into the city's flagship sports radio station during a weekly show it hosts at a bar not far from Paul Brown Stadium. Radio host Lance McAlister and Bengals radio color analyst Dave Lapham, a former Bengal, were on WLW-AM asking Lewis about the possibility of the Bengals having to defend Manziel this Sunday when they visit the division-rival Browns.

[+] Enlargenfl_u_lewis_gb1_300x200.jpg
Robert Mayer/USA TODAY SportsMarvin

Lewis has more important things to worry about than Johnny Manziel's height.

Lewis started his answer just fine.

But then made a quip he later would regret.

"You gotta go defend the offense. You don't defend the player," he said, pausing before adding, "particularly a midget."

Once social media learned of Lewis' completely unnecessary addendum, a flame ignited.

Most were incensed by Lewis' word choice. Browns fans rallied behind it, hopeful their players use it as motivation when going for a second-straight win over the Bengals following last month's 24-3 blowout victory on a Thursday night in Cincinnati. A loss this weekend, and the AFC North-leading Bengals could slip behind either or both the Ravens and Steelers. With a tough remaining schedule, their playoff hopes could start to fade.

In 2009, Little People of America, Inc. -- an advocacy group for men and women diagnosed with dwarfism, a medical condition that doesn't allow people to grow past 4-foot-10 -- made a public statement denouncing the use of the word "midget." To those with dwarfism, it is considered offensive. More practically, as it relates to Manziel, it simply doesn't make any sense.

Manziel is 6 feet tall.

On their active 53-man roster, the Bengals have 11 players, including 5-foot-9 running back Giovani Bernard, listed at shorter than 6-foot. Does Lewis consider them the offensive term, too?

About an hour after his comments went viral, Lewis issued an apology.

"I apologize to Johnny, the Browns and all the fans in Cleveland," he said. "It was just a poor remark. I really didn't mean anything by it."

Certainly, he was trying to add levity while discussing the intricacies of playing the smaller-in-stature, mobile Manziel. For the second straight week, the Browns have a quarterback controversy after starter Brian Hoyer had another disappointing showing in their 25-24 loss to Indianapolis on Sunday.

Browns coaches could decide Tuesday to give Manziel his first career start Sunday as a result.

Levity or not, Lewis had no need for the add, particularly considering his litany of poor remarks this season.

Two weeks ago, Lewis had an abrasive and borderline arrogant tone during a news conference when asked about allegations from a former player's ex-wife who told the New York Times that when her then-husband played for the Bengals, Lewis told her to come to the team before going to the police in instances when he would assault her.

Instead of sticking to a pre-crafted statement like he originally said he would, Lewis repeatedly called the woman a liar.

Lying or not, an NFL coach in 2014 can't conduct himself like that during a news conference when domestic violence is a topic.

A month prior, he was rightfully and soundly criticized for making the claim concussions "linger longer" in players today because of enhanced media attention surrounding them and their effects.

Lewis has a public-speaking problem, and given the way his team collapsed in Sunday's 42-21 loss to the Steelers, it isn't his only one.

Among the things more important than an opposing players' height: preparing to defend an NFL quarterback.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/14090/marvin-lewis-johnny-manziel-bengals-browns-mouth-division-problem-afc-north?ex_cid=espnapi_public

What's crazy about this is Marvin says even less on his Bengals Line call-in than he does in a typical press conference. He always acts like he doesn't want to be there and is breathing really heavily into his phone. He normally never tries to inject any humor into the conversation with Lance & Dave.

Maybe he had a couple drinks with dinner or something.

Battle of Ohio has been boring for decades.   I like the adding of spice to it.      Just one thing to keep in mind,  it sucks if you don't come out on top.

Much like Chad sent pepto and then sucking ass through the whole game.        If Johnny Foottall plays,  we better have some deflected balls and the defense better show and make him look like a rookie.

One piece of advice don't have Leon Hall one on one with Josh Gordon,  bad idea.   Another piece of advice,  let Jeremy Hill prove himself to be correct or a fool in regards to comments post previous Browns game. 

Another comment:  Kenny we know how you've got Marvin in the Hall of Fame based on his achievements from the past 4 years.  Kudos to you.   You don't need to remind us that you and other Bengal fans have set the bar lower than normal reality.    However,  Sam took this team to a Superbowl and his comments backfired on him and eventually his constant antics became a distraction. 

Hopefully Marvin will deliver a team ready to win up in Cleveland. 

Archived