Mike Mycock breaking down the run game versus Cleveland

This draft (including the UDFAs) may be the one that puts us over the top.  Hill, Bodine, and Hewitt all look really good and I think Dennard will develop into a great player too.  And James Wright was starting to play well before the injury slowed him down.

And Trey Hopkins was well liked by the coaches.

This draft (including the UDFAs) may be the one that puts us over the top.  Hill, Bodine, and Hewitt all look really good and I think Dennard will develop into a great player too.  And James Wright was starting to play well before the injury slowed him down.

And Trey Hopkins was well liked by the coaches.

couldn't agree more ..Trey Hopkins was a four year starter in college who will be a good OG for us...

Bodine has been solid considering he's a rookie. He still needs to learn how to maintain blocks though; he's had his fair share of whiffs on run plays and screens.

He was fooled on the play (believe it was Mingo) when Cleveland was flagged for roughing the QB. LB showed blitz through the A gap, at the snap faked dropping out, and ran up the middle. Bodine immediately looked off and doubled up on Zeitler's guy to his right allowing Mingo to come clean through.

I was going to post something about his blocking on that TD run I saw it earlier today.  As far as this class, I think next year you can add Clarke and Denard to that mix of 2014 draft class.  I think Hopkins will be our LG next year, it was sort of a blessing in disguise that he got put on IR..  Clarke is starting to show flashes, and hopefully Flowers, with his size and speed will continue to develop.  Wow.. What a job by Marvin, and the rest of the coaching staff this year.. It didn't look like much at the beginning, but now.

I was going to post something about his blocking on that TD run I saw it earlier today.  As far as this class, I think next year you can add Clarke and Denard to that mix of 2014 draft class.  I think Hopkins will be our LG next year, it was sort of a blessing in disguise that he got put on IR..  Clarke is starting to show flashes, and hopefully Flowers, with his size and speed will continue to develop.  Wow.. What a job by Marvin, and the rest of the coaching staff this year.. It didn't look like much at the beginning, but now.

Shit I was in love wit our draft right away. That shit was an A+ for me then and now. And I will be a man about it and say that I am falling in love with Dre. I hated on him for his first couple of years but I am loving him now for sure.

I re-watched the first half of coaches tape and Hewitt really sticks out. The guy just makes the offense tick. Tons of key blocks both as a FB and as a TE.

The OL played really well and I also think Hue deserves a lot of credit for the gameplan. So many different formations, motion, guys pulling, misdirection, etc. It was never just line up and pound it straight ahead into a wall. 

Also, Jeremy Hill is a beast. He played so well again. 

I re-watched the first half of coaches tape and Hewitt really sticks out. The guy just makes the offense tick. Tons of key blocks both as a FB and as a TE.

The OL played really well and I also think Hue deserves a lot of credit for the gameplan. So many different formations, motion, guys pulling, misdirection, etc. It was never just line up and pound it straight ahead into a wall. 

Also, Jeremy Hill is a beast. He played so well again. 

No doubt on the Hewitt comment. Several weeks ago my son and I were watching the game and o was telling him the run game looks totally different when he is in the game. He blows shit up in the gap. He is turning into one of my favorite bengals...where can I get a Hewitt jersey...lol

Speaking of blowing shit up.  Maualuga v Almighty Joe

https://vine.co/v/OgZB9HplEiK

Wow, what a play.

He made the tackle on this one too, but there are a lot of plays where he doesn't end up making the tackle but still does a great job. He is the best LB we have at taking on an OL and standing him up. It creates a wall and fills the hole. We really missed that when he was out as guys like Rey and Lamur just aren't stout enough to take on OL like that.

Maualuga isn't the best guy in space (which is when most people actually notice a LB), but when he is near the line and in there banging heads, he is as good as anybody.

No doubt on the Hewitt comment. Several weeks ago my son and I were watching the game and o was telling him the run game looks totally different when he is in the game. He blows shit up in the gap. He is turning into one of my favorite bengals...where can I get a Hewitt jersey...lol

Yes, becoming a personal favorite of mine as well. The type of guy you need to win physical AFC North games in December. Can't wait to see him lay out some stealers next week.

He drilled that fat fucker. It looked like one of those safari videos where a big rhino takes the first bullet, takes a step back like WTF just hit me?? Then stumbles forward a couple steps. Take a few of those and that fat guard isn't driving out as hard

I've been saying it for years.

Joe Thomas is an overrated chump.

Put on tape of the Browns must win game against the Bills in week 13 if you don't believe me.

4 penalties committed, 2 sacks surrendered, and multiple hits allowed on the QB.

...when (Maualuga) is near the line and in there banging heads, he is as good as anybody.

Always has been.

Yes, he has a tendency to over-pursue, and should never be locked up in man coverage against anyone. But when a run play's coming at him, he's top shelf.

Rey Maualuga might be the most underrated player on the Bengals' defense.

Archived