Sorry but Gresham fought for extra yards... yeah he fumbled a few... but he gave it one hell of a try... I think it's a loss when we have to replace him with rookies and FA's .... He will shine somewhere... it's just too bad it's not here...

Most likely. Helps he doesn't have a retarded person throwing him the ball anymore

Most likely. Helps he doesn't have a retarded person throwing him the ball anymore

For all the talk of "no excuses", some of y'all sure are quick with them for anyone not named Dalton.

Not sure how Andy's noodle arm caused Gresham to false start at the worst possible moments, but carry on.

Sorry but Gresham fought for extra yards... yeah he fumbled a few... but he gave it one hell of a try... I think it's a loss when we have to replace him with rookies and FA's .... He will shine somewhere... it's just too bad it's not here...

It is possible to fight for extra yards and still protect the football, which he didn't a few times.

For all the talk of "no excuses", some of y'all sure are quick with them for anyone not named Dalton.

Not sure how Andy's noodle arm caused Gresham to false start at the worst possible moments, but carry on.

Familiar Hater rant about Dalton wasting the talent that surrounds him is made easier if you agree to vastly overrate players like Gresham while also downplaying the loss of players like Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert.

For just one example, Go called last seasons receiving corp the best the Bengals have ever had.

Familiar Hater rant about Dalton wasting the talent that surrounds him is made easier if you agree to vastly overrate players like Gresham while also downplaying the loss of players like Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert.

For just one example, Go called last seasons receiving corp the best the Bengals have ever had.

That's a bullseye.  The thing I still can't figure out is why.  And TBH, the only answer I can come up with is Jilted Lover Syndrome. 

AJ has a clear advantage in maturity but Chad was setting records & leading the league for several years in a row. Which is to say nothing of the TJ vs.. who, even? Tate?

Revisionist history & so on.

I beg to differ.
Isaac Curtis, Cris Collingsworth and TE Dan Ross would be the best recieving group. They did it in a more physical less pass centric NFL when guys like Mel Blount, Jack Tatum, Ronnie Lott, Lester Hayes etc could literally mug recievers at and beyond the line of scrimmage.

I beg to differ.
Isaac Curtis, Cris Collingsworth and TE Dan Ross would be the best recieving group. They did it in a more physical less pass centric NFL when guys like Mel Blount, Jack Tatum, Ronnie Lott, Lester Hayes etc could literally mug recievers at and beyond the line of scrimmage.

And, when blockers actually blocked...instead of grabbing, leaning, and tripping.

That was when the NFL was real...not this $.02 circus sideshow it is now.

Yeah, that throwing for more yards, more touchdowns, and winning more games thing not withstanding.

Don't forget the same number of postseason wins.

And, when blockers actually blocked...instead of grabbing, leaning, and tripping.

Said it before, know I'll have plenty of opportunities to say it again, but the way the NFL has decided to stop making holding/tripping/illegal block calls because "it's a passing league" absolutely sucks.

No, it's a PASSING LEAGUE.  NM almost all those successful teams having strong running games and throwing the ball less. PASSING. LEAGUE.  Shut up, we decided.  It just is.

?
Kenny Anderson and Boomer won playoff games and AFC titles.

Neither won a playoff game before their 5th season in the league, and also never took their team to the playoffs before their 5th season in the league. Now, understand, I'm a Bengals fan because of Kenny Anderson, and think it is fucking ridiculous that he's not in the hall of fame, but Andy has played on a comparable level to both in his first four years.

Gresham was much better than what you guys give him credit for. No he didnt live up to his draft selection but were definitely going to miss him, especially if Eifert gets hurt again. He played through injuries all year and was very productive. He fought and got first downs that I thought the play was over and we were punting. He became a great blocker towards the end of his contract. Had a few penalties but wasnt anymore than the league average. Thought I seen a stat that he had the fewest for the blockers (lineman & TE)on the team. Best of luck to Jermaine if he winds up on a team. If he doesn't its clearly his bad back and not for lack of production. If he has to sit out the year for back surgery I would love to have him back in 2016.

Neither won a playoff game before their 5th season in the league, and also never took their team to the playoffs before their 5th season in the league. Now, understand, I'm a Bengals fan because of Kenny Anderson, and think it is fucking ridiculous that he's not in the hall of fame, but Andy has played on a comparable level to both in his first four years.

lol, he's no where near Kenny Anderson.    Did you mean to say Jon Kitna? 

By the way the Bengals won the division in 1973 and Ken Anderson was the QB and that was his 3rd year and 2nd year of starting.  Boomer was MVP his 5th year.

If Andy Dalton plays at the same level he has his first 4 years the rest of his career he won't sniff the Hall of Fame finalist voting that Ken Anderson has.   He won't sniff MVP like both have.

Yeah, that throwing for more yards, more touchdowns, and winning more games thing not withstanding.

Zimmer produced franchise best Defenses. 

The yards, TDs Kenny and Boomer produced during their MVP years would rank in the teens using current day yardage production.

Dalton might be a better Qb than Jeff Blake and Jon Kitna.    

Gresham was much better than what you guys give him credit for. No he didnt live up to his draft selection but were definitely going to miss him, especially if Eifert gets hurt again. He played through injuries all year and was very productive. He fought and got first downs that I thought the play was over and we were punting. He became a great blocker towards the end of his contract. Had a few penalties but wasnt anymore than the league average. Thought I seen a stat that he had the fewest for the blockers (lineman & TE)on the team. Best of luck to Jermaine if he winds up on a team. If he doesn't its clearly his bad back and not for lack of production. If he has to sit out the year for back surgery I would love to have him back in 2016.

TE version of Justin Smith here.

Gresham was much better than what you guys give him credit for. No he didnt live up to his draft selection but were definitely going to miss him, especially if Eifert gets hurt again.

It's true, we're all going to miss Gresham if the players who replace him all get hurt.

In fact, I once wrote a post about how having Gresham was better than a dead guy.

Happily, on this point fans and harsh critics can all agree.

Archived