Bengals sign Alex Erickson

24 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I take it to mean that when John Ross screws up Erikson will be filling in.  I expect it to be often.

Just as likely to be the other way around.  From what I saw of the ones in preseason Ross was being used in the slot or otherwise situationally. Boyd is still listed as WR2 on the official depth chart FWIW.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Just as likely to be the other way around.  From what I saw of the ones in preseason Ross was being used in the slot or otherwise situationally. Boyd is still listed as WR2 on the official depth chart FWIW.

I dunno....Ross will get first shot for a long time.  Erikson will play when Lewis is tired of Ross screwing up.  Yes, Boyd is still #2, but Ross will have plays called for him.  I expect Ross to make some crazy good plays and some crazy bad plays.  In the fourth quarter I expect to see Erikson in his spot.

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I dunno....Ross will get first shot for a long time.  Erikson will play when Lewis is tired of Ross screwing up.  Yes, Boyd is still #2, but Ross will have plays called for him.  I expect Ross to make some crazy good plays and some crazy bad plays.  In the fourth quarter I expect to see Erikson in his spot.

I hope you are wrong. A healthy and effective Ross would be a significant weapon.  You cant teach that kind of speed 

57 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I hope you are wrong. A healthy and effective Ross would be a significant weapon.  You cant teach that kind of speed 

I hope I am wrong too, but I don't trust him.  Seems like a flaky guy.  Erikson on the other hand is reliable if unspectacular.

2 hours ago, HOF dan said:

Erikson strikes me as the Rex Burkhead of receivers. He isn't real flashy and doesn't play much but when he does, he produces.

He gets open and catches the football.

I like this signing.

Personally, I love this signing. When he’s in the game, he produces and he is a very good kick returner.

57 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Meanwhile, the best PR we have ever had is suiting up for the Broncos today as their #4 CB...and their PR.

Or maybe he's in a trashed hotel room wrestling with police & security.   We can find more good football players, Denver is welcome to his drama.

Archived