Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

My Bengal cup is rarely 'half full', but I will say this is encouraging. I don't expect we will sign McCoy but the fact we have interest at least shows we are now at least looking for players to improve the overall roster whenever they come available.

Yup. Under previous regime - they would not be "in" or "expressing interest" on any in demand free agents - always was after initial wave and would kick tires when the person had no other options. To hear their name floated at this juncture is new. Glad for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warren Sapp. 

Nick Fairley

 

its not like they’ve never tried before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have interest in many things that will never happen, the real question is does McCoy have any interest in playing in Cincy.

 

I'm sure he will have a robust market for his services and go with the highest bidder that gives him the best chance of winning a Super Bowl ring, which will not be the Bengals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said, if he goes to the Browns I will pray he gets genital warts.

 

Gerald McCoy to visit Cleveland Friday; Browns and Ravens on his short list and Bengals interested too

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (93) during the first half of an NFL football game against the Atlanta Falcons Sunday, Dec. 30, 2018, in Tampa, Fla. (AP Photo/Mark LoMoglio)

AP

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (93) during the first half of an NFL football game against the Atlanta Falcons Sunday, Dec. 30, 2018, in Tampa, Fla. (AP Photo/Mark LoMoglio)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Like I said, if he goes to the Browns I will pray he gets genital warts.

Sadly, I'd bet money he will go to the Browns. Genital warts to you Mr. McCoy, genital warts to you.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCoy and Atkins would give the Bengals the best interior D line in the NFL. 

 

I'd throw the bank at him. 

 

He'd instantly be the 3rd best player on the team after AJ & Geno. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

McCoy and Atkins would give the Bengals the best interior D line in the NFL. 

 

I'd throw the bank at him. 

 

He'd instantly be the 3rd best player on the team after AJ & Geno. 

 

But PFF graded him 30th at his position, never mind overall?  That sounds more like the 3rd best DT on the team.

 

edit: guess I should throw in the :ninja: in case anyone thinks I take PFF seriously

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

He left Cleveland without a contract

 

 

I have a feeling Cleveland is about to go all.. well..  Cleveland this season.   That's a dysfunctional locker room dealing with a ridiculous amount of hype after an almost-500 season.  Sounds like a recipe for absolute shitshow to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I have a feeling Cleveland is about to go all.. well..  Cleveland this season.   That's a dysfunctional locker room 

My prediction would be 7-9

 

All sizzle ... no steak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

He left Cleveland without a contract

I oddly feel like the Bengals might be the front runner at this point. 

 

Bengals have 22 million in cap room, vs Carolina with only 9 ... and those are the next two most interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I oddly feel like the Bengals might be the front runner at this point. 

 

Bengals have 22 million in cap room, vs Carolina with only 9 ... and those are the next two most interested. 

 

There's also no one on the roster likely to challenge him for a starting NT spot any time soon.  At the same time he'd be joining a good DL group where he's likely to get plenty of 1v1 match-ups.  I also doubt that Bengals fans are the only ones that think Cleveland is selling wolf tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'd rather spend the money on extending Boyd or Jackson.

I would rather spend the money on any linebacker who could help us although I don’t think any are available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 7:30 AM, SF2 said:

I would rather spend the money on any linebacker who could help us although I don’t think any are available. 

 

Have to hope someone like Jefferson or Evans has a break-out camp.   The way they're talking up Nick Vigil as some kind of defensive lynchpin though, I'm not holding my breath.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

Have to hope someone like Jefferson or Evans has a break-out camp.   The way they're talking up Nick Vigil as some kind of defensive lynchpin though, I'm not holding my breath.

Could not agree more.  It would be great to see the rookies, Pratt and/or Davis or both, step up and make an impact especially now that we have a coach who does not believe in redshirting new guys... I hope.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Could not agree more.  It would be great to see the rookies, Pratt and/or Davis or both, step up and make an impact especially now that we have a coach who does not believe in redshirting new guys... I hope.

 

 

 

The opportunity is certainly there for anyone showing potential even half a tick above average.   In fact average itself would be an upgrade.

 

Hope you are right about them playing a guy with upside that makes rookie mistakes sometimes over a dependable vet that knows what to do at all times but isn't capable of doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Go Panthers. 

^^^^^This even though they are in the Saints division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×