Sign in to follow this  
SF2

Ridiculous Dan Patrick BS

1 hour ago, crazycat said:

My understanding is the Burrow could not pull an Eli even if he wanted to. I believe that the NFL changed the rules so that if that is the case he would have to sit out the year and re-enter the draft next year. I cannot see ANYONE taking a complete year off and expecting the be a high draft pick, Kapernick the exception.

Burrow will be the next QB for Cincinnati or mickeyboy will have a full on riot on his hands at PBS. Even he isn't that stupid, I hope.

I don't think this is right. While he can sit out a year, his rights can also be traded. The catch is fitting his cap number (determined by going first overall) into the rookie pool of a team drafting later. There are various workarounds which make it possible.

1 hour ago, SouthPaw said:

Bingo Mr. Kiper you nailed it.  Ill say it again.  THERE IS ZERO CHANCE JOE BURROW ISNT DRAFTED BY THE CINCINNATI BENGALS.  THERE IS LESS THAT ZERO CHANCE THAT HE REFUSES TO PLAY FOR THEM.  WRITE THAT SHIT DOWN IN SHARPIE.  

Now that worries the crap out of me. Mel Kiper is wrong more times than he is right.

58 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I don't think this is right. While he can sit out a year, his rights can also be traded. The catch is fitting his cap number (determined by going first overall) into the rookie pool of a team drafting later. There are various workarounds which make it possible.

Nope, his rights can not be traded the first year.   If the Bengals chose him he can ONLY  play for them his rookie year unless the Bengals flat out release him AFTER he has signed his contract and reported to the team.  Keep in mind that is a 4 year guaranteed contract so releasing him would be wicked expensive. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Nope, his rights can not be traded the first year.   If the Bengals chose him he can ONLY  play for them his rookie year unless the Bengals flat out release him AFTER he has signed his contract and reported to the team.  Keep in mind that is a 4 year guaranteed contract so releasing him would be wicked expensive. 

Could you cite the CBA provision that prevents trading player rights? The 2011 CBA changed rookie contracts significantly but I've seen no mention of provisions that would block another Eli Manning situation. 

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Could you cite the CBA provision that prevents trading player rights? The 2011 CBA changed rookie contracts significantly but I've seen no mention of provisions that would block another Eli Manning situation. 

Can you name 1 first round pick that has been traded in the last 15 years after being chosen?   You can’t because it hasn't happened. You can trade picks, you can’t trade players. 

On 2/7/2020 at 12:19 PM, saphead said:

Solomon Wil-cocks is another one that can go suck a big fat bag of goat dicks. Ooooh such hot takes! 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/02/06/solomon-wilcots-joe-burrow-bengals-culture-sucked-life-palmer/4683033002/

And again, no mention of the team not committed to winning going to the playoffs 5 straight years after Palmer and his wife left.

14 hours ago, crazycat said:

Now that worries the crap out of me. Mel Kiper is wrong more times than he is right.

"Who the hell is Mel Kiper!"

17 hours ago, crazycat said:

Not the point.  He is basically saying what everyone knows to be true and essentially extinguishing this bullshit narrative being spun in the national media for a lack of anything better to do or talk about.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SF2 said:

Can you name 1 first round pick that has been traded in the last 15 years after being chosen?   You can’t because it hasn't happened. You can trade picks, you can’t trade players. 

Most players don't have good alternatives, but it could have happened last year with Kyler Murray if he chose baseball after being drafted in the NFL. 

From what I have read the rules have not changed since '04 when Manning pulled his bullshit.  You can trade rookies, but you keep the cap hit from you original slot.  This makes it pretty rare to make this change, but in the case of Manning and Rivers it kind of worked.  Since Rivers was drafted fourth it wasn't that big of a deal.  Manning was also already very wealthy and threatened to sit out the year and go to law school.  I don't think you are going to see Joe Burrow doing that shit. as it doesn't appear that he has a famous daddy who will finance him. 

On 2/11/2020 at 6:38 AM, Hooky said:

And again, no mention of the team not committed to winning going to the playoffs 5 straight years after Palmer and his wife left.

...and did the 8-0 start and best record in the AFC of 2015 never happen?  I know the playoff game was an all-time gut punch, but damn...