Building the Oline.....

8 hours ago, Cricket said:

I can’t really disagree with this, but Marvin “clap, clap, clap” Lewis was never able to motivate his teams.  Of course, that task would be easier if you have the Ray Lewis type of players on your roster that are good at motivating their teammates, 

And while it is true  that Zac Taylor “motivated” his team only to a 2-14 record last year, you cannot deny that this past off-season has been like no other...in a good way.  And that includes the character and leadership of the players being brought in through free-agency and the draft.

So, I believe that there is definitely a culture shift happening...even with “the people who signed off on all those bad decisions still running the team.”  I am excited about that culture shift and hope that is enough to overcome the the ones “at the top.” 

Don’t rain on my parade.

🦗

So far it seems like mostly hot air to me.   My faith in this  "character" stuff died a quick death with the Turner hire.  Bobby Shart being allowed to spew his ignorance all over the internet pissed on its grave.  These rookies could all be great leaders but the fact is they are still rookies, and the loudest veteran on the team is a fucking Flat Earther.

Once again, ownership coddles an absolute locker room cancer because it's cheaper & easier than the alternatives.  I see no reason to think these new guys aren't going to get Bengalized just like every other talented individual that comes through here.

Parades are nice, but also meaningless.

I think this line is rock solid left to center.
I’d love to see Price push Su’a-Filo at RG.

They seem set on Hart in my mind. Could be wrong though. Was at least happy to hear that none of those false starts were on him lol. 

13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They seem set on Hart in my mind. Could be wrong though. Was at least happy to hear that none of those false starts were on him lol. 

Makes zero sense to me outside of they owe him $2 million or so in dead money.  I swear if the team owes you 5 bucks you could shit on Redeemer's desk & wipe your ass with the photo of his grandkids without getting fired.

I have a feeling mistakes are never going to be Hart's fault as long as Turner is around.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Makes zero sense to me outside of they owe him $2 million or so in dead money.  I swear if the team owes you 5 bucks you could shit on Redeemer's desk & wipe your ass with the photo of his grandkids without getting fired.

I have a feeling mistakes are never going to be Hart's fault as long as Turner is around.

When season starts Fred Johnson will get the starting job..

Hes just a better lineman than Hart..

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

It’s funny I don’t hear any of these OL talking down about Turner. As a matter of fact, from everything I’ve been able to find, they genuinely like playing for the guy. Go figure, huh’?

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

It’s funny I don’t hear any of these OL talking down about Turner. As a matter of fact, from everything I’ve been able to find, they genuinely like playing for the guy. Go figure, huh’?

Yeah I rarely hear people badmouth their bosses to the media in any business, let alone ones where they get paid millions. Crazy huh?  I guess they all just respect them too much.

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah I rarely hear people badmouth their bosses to the media in any business, let alone ones where they get paid millions. Crazy huh?  I guess they all just respect them too much.

or maybe they just genuinely like playing for the guy?

41 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

This team starts people based on their salary, not ability.

Or the fact that no one else can beat him out. From everything I’ve heard/read both of their tackles are having an outstanding camp. Looks like Fred Johnson might end up starting at RG. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Or the fact that no one else can beat him out. From everything I’ve heard/read both of their tackles are having an outstanding camp. Looks like Fred Johnson might end up starting at RG. 

I hope so but they also called Hart "phenomenal" last year.  

19 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I hope so but they also called Hart "phenomenal" last year.  

Hart is a 60 pff graded RT for his career..

Surely Zach can see Johnson could at least be that good....no?

I guess its the "veteran" status that keeps Hart relevent....

37 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

So it seems Adenijji his making a move up the chart..

Can play guard or tackle..

Articles are saying he will start before long..

Where do you all see him starting at??

I think he was born to play RT....get thru this season with Hart/Johnson and then plug him right into that spot next year and don’t look back. 
Same thing I said about MJordan last year.
Both of those guys are middle round gold strikes, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I think he was born to play RT....get thru this season with Hart/Johnson and then plug him right into that spot next year and don’t look back. 
Same thing I said about MJordan last year.
Both of those guys are middle round gold strikes, IMO. 

Agree....If Johnson shows enough to merit RT then slide him into RG eventualky...

43 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree....If Johnson shows enough to merit RT then slide him into RG eventualky...

It would be a really good thing for this franchise if Billy Price could win that starting RG job and keep it. Not saying it’s gonna happen but it sure would be nice. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

It would be a really good thing for this franchise if Billy Price could win that starting RG job and keep it. Not saying it’s gonna happen but it sure would be nice. 

From what I’ve seen reported on Price is that he is bigger, but still sucks. 

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

From what I’ve seen reported on Price is that he is bigger, but still sucks. 

Lol...poor Billy..it must be those 31 inch arms.  With his short wingspan theyre into his breast plate forcing him upwards and negating his power..XSF up next with Adenijji to ifollow i

Archived