2021 Mock Draft Simulators

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

He’ll go first round so it’s irrelevant. 
Definitely not John Ross lol. Watch his film. Kid squats 600lbs and does 25 reps of 225 on bench. He’s physical as f’ck for a kid his size.

He opted out last year and then opted back in at the last second and they held him out early with phantom injuries while they figured out how to play in the peak of a pandemic. I have zero injury concern with him. 
I promise that there’s not a better player in the draft with the ball in their hands than Rondale Moore and that includes Waddle. 

I know nothing about him so appreciate your thoughts on him, maybe he will be the next Tyrek Hill?

4 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I know nothing about him so appreciate your thoughts on him, maybe he will be the next Tyrek Hill?

They’re a lot alike. Even though they’re both faster than anyone else on the field, you’re definitely not getting either one down with an arm tackle.  
I watched Moore completely obliterate an Ohio State defense loaded with future pros as a true freshman and I’ve been sold on the kid ever since. 

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Thought this was interesting...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jermaine-gresham-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kyle-pitts-1.html

Totally next-level, the NFL isn't ready bro!

To be fair, Gresham was Pitts before Pitts.  He absolutely dominated college, as the stats show.  He just couldn't make it work in the NFL (and yes I get it, that only adds to the argument against taking Pitts).

A point of view I haven't seen addressed so far in this thread is - why so many people assume Joe needs "help" in terms of weapons?  I mean, that's what Kiper said in his latest but I actually completely disagree that he "needs more weapons".

Many (most?) QBs, even in the NFL, need some weapons.  They need skill players to make their own space, they need intricate offensive schemes as orchestrated by coaches/coordinators to "expect" space that they otherwise wouldn't have any clue is there.  Then there are those special QBs, the unicorns, who *make the space themselves*.  Some call it "throwing guys open"; some call it "poise"; some call it "a coach on the field".  Peyton Manning had it.  Andrew Luck had it.  Joe Burrow - 100% as sure as you're sitting right there - has it too.  He doesn't need three stud receivers or two stud receivers and a stud TE.  He just needs guys that run the right route and can catch the ball (do note that I'm indeed calling Tee and Boyd studs, and I do believe Boyd has proven himself as a stud #2 and Tee is on the *trajectory* of a stud #1). 

Would having another top-shelf WR or TE make it easier?  Sure.  Is it make-or-break, or even "important" for Joe Burrow to succeed?  Not by the evidence we've seen so far.  He sure as hell needs to be able to not end up with a shredded knee every year though.

Look at what Joe did with a rookie, a completely ineffectual #1, a #2 who got covered much harder than one typically is, a "mostly blocking" TE (in Sample) and a completely garbage o-line.  Just make the o-line "not garbage" and what could he have done?  Add not even a first-pick WR, just a competent one who isn't giving up on plays and dropping easy passes - what then?  Now add not a first-pick TE, but even the TE he had for a couple games last year that he very clearly started to gain chemistry with.  Now what?

New weapons are a luxury when it's Joe Burrow with the ball.  If we still had Dalton or Palmer I might be less inclined to be against a skill player in round one.  If we had Kitna I'd be saying draft one of the QBs.  We've got a TRUE franchise QB boys, the only thing anybody should not just be hoping for, but should only be willing to ACCEPT is a full-court-press to make that OL the best in the league.  Joe will take care of the rest as long as his WR's have NFL hands and NFL route running - both of which he surely already has in his starters.

Oh, and the RB is a stud too.

1 minute ago, membengal said:

I am sorry, but Auden Tate opposite Higgins is unacceptable in terms of weapons. Tate can barely fucking move. I would like them to find ONE weapon who wins with separation and not just with being stronger at the catch point. 

Again, this is assuming Joe Burrow isn't going to throw Tate open.  Let's keep in mind as well, Tate is fuggin incredible at catching contested balls.  Nope, I totally disagree, I'm fine with Tate if that means more resources to a better OL.

But here's the thing - I don't think it will be Tate.  And let's agree that, as I said in my previous post, they don't need the THIRD receiver to be the FIRST PICK.  They can pick a guy in round three or even later that is a better route runner/separator than Tate.  With that said, that isn't the metric they need to go by anyway.  Another aspect of Joe, as everyone here should know, is that he works directly with EVERY receiver and asks them where do they like the ball, where in the route do they like to look, etc etc.  That's what I mean by throwing guys open.  As long as they have NFL hands and are consistently where they're supposed to be (regardless of coverage), that's all Joe needs.  Tate has elite hands but is below average on speed.  Joe will use him to the extent he can be used.  If Joe is running for his life?...  doesn't matter who the receiver is.

6 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Again, this is assuming Joe Burrow isn't going to throw Tate open.  Let's keep in mind as well, Tate is fuggin incredible at catching contested balls.  Nope, I totally disagree, I'm fine with Tate if that means more resources to a better OL.

But here's the thing - I don't think it will be Tate.  And let's agree that, as I said in my previous post, they don't need the THIRD receiver to be the FIRST PICK.  They can pick a guy in round three or even later that is a better route runner/separator than Tate.  With that said, that isn't the metric they need to go by anyway.  Another aspect of Joe, as everyone here should know, is that he works directly with EVERY receiver and asks them where do they like the ball, where in the route do they like to look, etc etc.  That's what I mean by throwing guys open.  As long as they have NFL hands and are consistently where they're supposed to be (regardless of coverage), that's all Joe needs.  Tate has elite hands but is below average on speed.  Joe will use him to the extent he can be used.  If Joe is running for his life?...  doesn't matter who the receiver is.

Strong last comments ..

Nice ..

17 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Again, this is assuming Joe Burrow isn't going to throw Tate open

Burrow is going to have a HUGE say at 5. If Joe wants a weapon that’s what Joe’s gonna get. Same with OL. What Joe wants, Joe gets..

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Burrow is going to have a HUGE say at 5. If Joe wants a weapon that’s what Joe’s gonna get. Same with OL. What Joe wants, Joe gets..

This I can certainly see, he should have a huge say in it - the dude IS the franchise now, regardless of what Family Brown thinks.  The only question is how musty *is* 'Ol Musty, and is he willing to let a young whipper-snapper hone in on his "Football Man" cred?  That's harder to gauge...

31 minutes ago, membengal said:

You can't throw Tate open. He's a fucking anchor.

Lol..

Hes more a situational guy than a true starter..

Thell get one before the season starts

Im sure..

You know there's actually an abundance of talented wideouts that get buried on charts..

Good players with not much chance to

show it...

Miami's interior oline is worse than ours..

They have 2 young oromising prospects in  Hunt and Jackson at tackle spots..

They desperately need interior players.

I could see them trading back or just.take their favorie receiver.

They have another 1st rounder so Tre Smith or Wyatt Davis would be a great pick imo.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

You can't throw Tate open. He's a fucking anchor.

So what?  The guy is rarely on the field. 

I'll tell you who is on the field.  Michael Jordan.  Likely Billy Price to start the year.  Someone who has no business blocking Burrow's blind side when Williams gets injured again.

And you're worried about Tate.  SMH.

1 minute ago, membengal said:

Michael Jordan is not on the field. 

Haha. You say that now.  Just wait.  Sua'Filo is little upgrade.  They both suck and hurt every play on offense run or pass. 

Tate plays maybe 20% of snaps?  And that's the priority in the first round?

Who are you, Mike Brown's grandson?

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

Just ran some numbers. 

Last year with 2 above average WRs and AJ Green catching like 47 of like 104 passes Burrow was on pace for the most yards ever for a Bengals QB. 

And he had the 3rd most hits on him despite not playing the last 6 games. 

I'd say that paints a very clear picture of the team's needs.

Archived